Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Ive got a question, if anyone can help me out :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  03:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How do I go about getting in touch with people about aquiring the rights to sell music? If I wanted to sell an artists music in a store, where do I go to get the rights to do that?

~pw'oikr
~( ">

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  05:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking but I know someone who might be able to answer that for you.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  08:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rights? Who needs rights?

Go to Top of Page

soko
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  09:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit soko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Erich:

Please clarify what you mean by "selling music." If you're selling hard goods like CDs, DVDs, etc, you'll just need a business license. If you're selling "performances" (live shows, playing back recorded music used as background for selling nachos and beer,etc), you'll also need to pay annual fees to performing rights organizations like BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, who collect royalties for artists.

If you need to email me: breezeway@adelphia.net

Love.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000