Stream (help with speed)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  10:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey, i was wondering.. i have a problem with keeping my left hand going with my right... does anyone have any exercises that i could practice for like 15 min a day for 2 months.. to get my speed up so i could paly stream?

www.myspace.com/adambatstone

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  11:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Get a metronome, practice scales at whatever beat you can do comfortably with good tone and no mistakes, then move up about 5 bpm.

Do this 15 minutes a day for two months, and you will see significant improvements.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  12:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, you should already have a metromone, but what the rippa said is the best way to do it.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  12:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All scales and all arrpegios too. Not just you're major and minor scales. I had this old jazz guy that played with charlie parker and miles and everyone like that tell me that it's a good idea to practice your scales slowly and deliberatly and not just fast too. That's why I usually alternate and make sure I play some scales fast one day and some just slow in perfect technique and really deliberately.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  6:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I find picking my nose helps big time.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  11:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And masturbating helps with the picking hand speed.

Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  8:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

And masturbating helps with the picking hand speed.

ohh thats how tim got so fast

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews
Is Anybody Here?

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  11:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, yeah... no wonder i'm so quick with my right.

goddammit i gotta give lefty some love i guess...

Tim is my sanity.
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  11:57:31 AM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well... okay lol just practice the parts slowly and accurate... speed comes with time and practice. It helped me to break each part up and practice them sepretly to get each down all the way

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  8:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if anyone reads this, stream is played best after 5 cups of coffee, no need to practice

Zack
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  9:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I drank that much coffee I would be useless as a musician. I'm already kind of high strung.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000