Pink Floyd reuniting for Live8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  5:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
... holy shit.

~pw'oikr
~( ">

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  6:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WHAA???

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  6:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/12/pink.floyd.reut/index.html

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  7:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHHH FUCK FUCK FUCKF UCK I HOPE IT GETS TAPED!!!!

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  02:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarisPIMP

AHHH FUCK FUCK FUCKF UCK I HOPE IT GETS TAPED!!!!

Oh, it will be taped.

Fucking insanity, last time they played I was being born.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  2:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone else say: "Potential World Tour"? Oh my god, when I first read the headline, I thought it was the Gilmour/Wright/Mason lineup again, but Waters is back in!?!?! Shit, this will be great.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

HotKoreanGirl
Chatterbox

130 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  1:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn that's awesome...but too bad they aren't coming to play in philly. I heard Michael Jackson wants to play in philly now...
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  1:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i wonder what that's gonna sound like.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  6:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's the torrent with the audio...

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3351732

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  6:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was out for the weekend, thanks for that torrent, a lot!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  4:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listening to the full set again on AOL. Damn I love Breathe!!!! My favorite song they did was Comfortably Numb! God they sounded great!
Awesome musically and vocally!!! I am so going to be there if thsy tour again!

They were the best of Live 8!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  5:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://blog.adamjacobmuller.com/

can get the video of the songs on there.

for the time being anyway.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  10:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To my understanding, but I haven't actually checked it out, they are streaming the whole thing on AOL. Looks like PJK may know some more about that. Since we are talking about PF I figured this would be a great TIMe to mention a DVD I recently came into possession of. It's called Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" Put out by as part of a collection by a company called Classic Albums.

Contains Unique Never-Before Heard Versions!

Recorded in London's famous Abbey Road Studio's and released in 1973, The Dark Side of the Moon spent 294 weeks on the UK album chart. To this day it remains the biggest selling album by a British band. Pink Floyd-The Dark Side of the Moon Classic Album will be available on August 26, 2003.

This program takes an in depth, track by track, look at the making of the 1973 album, featuring all four members of the band-Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright-in exclusive interviews and is illustrated throughout with archive footage. Roger, David and Richard play songs and demonstrate themes from the album. Alan Parsons ( the original engineer) gives unique insight into the musical fabric of the record as he goes through the multi-track tapes.

The program features live tracks Speak to Me, Breathe, On the Run, Time the Great Gig in the Sky, Money, among others. DVD special features include 43 minutes of extra footage with acoustic versions of Brain Damage and Breathe, extended interviews and discussions with all four members of the band.

You can purchase this at:

http://eaglerockent.com/eaglerockUSA/media_detail.php?media_id=498

It is one of the most amazing in-depth analysis' of the album straight from the band members mouths. It is truly enlightening and the acoustic versions and solo performances of the songs by each member who wrote them is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I have watched this about 25 TIMes so far and never get bored watching. I highly recommend that PFans get this quickly. You will not be disappointed!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  01:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
^ Besides "Live in Pompeii" that is the best Floyd DVD ever! (Yes, even better than The Wall SE).

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Sportsday
Is Anybody Here?

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  06:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I was there, and Floyd rocked. They took everybody's breath away. I was surrounded by crying grown men and woman. You sensed that there were 200,000 people there with every hair on their body on end. If there was ever another tour everyone who was at live8 would be first in the queue. Awesome
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  1:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Fluffy. That is by far the most entertaining and intriguing dvd to watch if you are a Pink Floyd fanatic (as I am). I got the dvd for Christmas and have watched it 50+ times since then. The acoustic versions are crazy. Simply amazing...

BTW, see you Friday (and Sunday), Fluffy!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  7:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ordered a copy from Amazon. Don't know why I never got it before. Thanks Fluffy for mentioning it.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  07:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of this illusive video of the performnace floating around? I keep hearing rumors, but still haven't found it yet.

Please let me (and everyone else) if you come across it. From what I understand, the band allowed the tape to be freely distributed. I'm pretty sure this is wrong because PF is not exactly the "open-taping" band. However, I could see this reunion show being allowed to be taped, but again, I just heard this rumor (from a pretty reliable source).

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  10:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
see my above post.

you will have to scroll down a bit to the london live8 listings.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  03:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
www.themachinelive.com

The Machine, America’s premier live Pink Floyd experience, extends the band’s enormous legacy through a multi-dimensional approach, faithfully recreating its timeless music while also reinventing it with interpretive jams. The Machine has forged a reputation for excellence and an intimate connection with their growing audience.

Spin Magazine praises that The Machine “sound exactly like Pink Floyd” while Village Voice declares that “The Machine is dead-on.” The adoration continues from Bob Ezrin, the co-producer of Pink Floyd’s seminal album The Wall, “these guys are great!” The New York Times, Washington Post, and Philadelphia Inquirer have all chimed in on the precision performances of The Machine.

The New York-based band performs a show comprised of a cross-section of the huge sixteen-album repertoire that Pink Floyd amassed during their 30-year tenure as pioneers of experimental rock. The concerts are presented with state-of-the-art lighting and sound, resulting in strikingly faithful interpretations, along with impromptu jams. These performances have been perfected over time and have exposed the group to an ever expanding, international fan base Performing at some of America's premier venues such as the House of Blues, the Great American Music Hall, and the Bonnaroo music festival, The Machine continues to pack halls and consistently sell out thousand-seat halls on the East Coast such as BB King’s,The Keswick Theatre and the Westbury Music Fair. As Guitar One magazine notes, "…you know you've got it going on when you sell out B.B. King's in New York City and Roger Water’s sax player jams with you."

The Machine makes significant use of expanded theatrical elements prevalent in Pink Floyd’s elaborate 70’s stage displays such as high-tech lighting, and video accompaniments. The Machine has performed numerous sellout shows in sync with the film The Wizard of Oz as well as film version of THE WALL, pleasing all the Die-hard fans. Jambands.com praises the “satisfying live experience" continuing that a version of Floyd’s infamous song, “Shine on You Crazy Diamond”, was “virtually perfect…complete with a ten minute jam over the ending section that sounded nothing like anything I'd heard Pink Floyd do.”

As demand for the group has expanded overseas, The Machine presents a fall tour throughout Germany, Austria, and Italy in October; in addition, the group has also performed internationally throughout Holland, Israel, Luxembourg, and Canada. The Machine recently released a live concert DVD and CD, Two Nights at the Keswick, from their 2003 performances. These documents are audio and visual proof that The Machine has perfected every vocal nuance, guitar riff, and improvisational delight that Pink Floyd wowed their audiences with for decades.

The Rock Report admires The Machine’s “perfect execution and attention to detail leading to flawless reproductions of Pink Floyd’s songs yet the freedom to jam and improvise adds even more flavor and depth to the established catalog.

"It’s been very rewarding for us to travel all over the country and internationally having the honor to present the musical experience of Pink Floyd to newer fans who never had the option of seeing Pink Floyd in concert,” says drummer Todd Cohen. “It is a complete thrill to hear a fan tell me ‘My soul was filled with the magic of the music you made.’” This is timeless music that we’re excited to continue sharing worldwide."

from another website:

The Machine has been called "The Worlds Greatest Pink Floyd show," and it is no wonder why. Anyone who has had the privilege to see them perform live can attest to their stunning level of musicianship and their flare for capturing the spirit and feeling of Pink Floyd.  The Machine's live Pink Floyd performances are so remarkable that a long-time Pink Floyd producer and associate once remarked, "these guys play a lot better then Pink Floyd!". Or in the words of Guitar One Magazine, "you know you've got it going on when you sell out B.B. King's in N.Y.C. and Roger Water's sax player jams with you."

Since 1990, the Machine has played over fifteen hundred shows to an estimated audience of over one million people.  They have played at some of America's best known rock clubs and large outdoor rock festivals including Bonnaroo, The Keswick Theater, The Avalon Ballroom and Westbury Music Fair, sharing the stage with the likes of The Guess Who, Jefferson Starship, Steppenwolf & Eddy Money. The Machine performed with such respected musicians as Jeff Pevar (Phil Lesh & Friends, David Crosby), Matt Abts (Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule), Vince Welnick (Grateful Dead) and of course Norbert Stachel of Roger Water's touring band.

The Machine has been featured in The Amazing Pudding, a Pink Floyd monthly published in England and distributed throughout Europe and the U.S., the Roger Waters fanzine as well as P.U.L.S.E., a German music magazine. In 1994, The Machine was interviewed by The New York Times for an article illuminating successful tribute bands, profiled in the Washington Post, The Philadelphia Inquirer as well as Gig Magazine.

The Machine started out in the bohemian village of Nyack, NY in 1987. Soon after the fans enthusiastically called for more Floyd, there was no turning back, and the Machine quickly developed a reputation for recreating the sound of vintage Pink Floyd, right down to the extended psychedelic jams.

The Machine's live shows produce a remarkable sound thanks to both the virtuosity of the musicians, and a host of professional touring equipment. In 1990, drummer Todd Cohen was endorsed by Vater Drum Sticks and is an official Sabian (cymbal) artist. Joe Pascarell's guitar rig to include an onslaught of state-of-the-art technology, including Soldano amplification and TC Electronics. Keeping with the pace of stringent technological expectations of a Pink Floyd show, The Machine incorporated a sophisticated high-end automated lighting system to their current show. In 1998 the Machine played their 1,000th live show at the Wetlands in New York City. A live recording of that show (titled, Softly Spoken Magic Spells) continues to sell. The Machine is currently producing a video DVD of a recent performance, slated for release this spring.

The Machine's greatest thrill to date has been the number of venues which immediately request their return and the new fans who instantly fall in love with the band. Drummer Todd Cohen stated, "it's always a thrill to discover that many of our fans weren't fans of Pink Floyd until after they saw The Machine." Joe Pascarell summed it up by saying," It's a privilege to play great music and earn a living from it. It's thrilling and humbling all at the same time."

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  8:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting this Fluffy. I never heard of them before. In general I don't see cover bands but this one sounds interesting. Apparently they will be at the Keswick Theatre which is in a suburb of Philadelphia, Nov 25, the day after Thanksgiving. I might just have to check these guys out.

If Pink Floyd ever tours again, I'll be there!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  02:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, honestly, I always thought David Gilmour's voice was better than Roger Waters. Roger was a great writer, but he was too moody. Plus David Gilmour's guitar gave so much to the music.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  7:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I always thought Roger's voice was a little over-the-top, too.

Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  12:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd have to agree with you on that. I always liked David Gilmour so much more. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  4:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you watch the DVD I mentioned above you might agree that I think Roger might agree with you about that. hehe It would seem that Roger has David sing alot of his lyrics because in the DVD Roger struggles to sing parts of his own songs commenting on the fact that he can't hit "that" register. I get the feeling he knows what he can and can't sing and turns alot of the duties over the the other guys. Interesting to me that he writes stuff he can't sing.

TR talked about that problem as well a while back. He needed to spend alot of TIMe working on songs during the Astral Projection period trying to find the best way to play them so he could sing the songs. That was something he talked alot about when he first started programming his parts and not using a "human" band. He was very happy because he could finally take the proper TIMe needed to work out the arrangements without the band members complaining about how many TIMes they need to rehearse a particular piece.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000