New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  11:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a job . . . finally. Haha, it took a while. But starting monday, i'll be working at the local 'Rack Room Shoes.' One day me and my brother came upon the place and noticed the 'now hiring' sign, so I figured i'd give it a shot. That same day an assistant manager actually told me to come back today at 10am to meet the boss. I show up, nice shoes, nice shirt, nice pants, and we talk. As far as interviews go, this was easily the best one i've had for new work. It lasted almost an hour. He talked about the store, rules, blah blah blah. I asked him questions, told him I was very intrested. He also said if your a shy person this wouldnt be work for you, but he could tell I was far from it. After all was said and done, he asked if I had anymore questions, then said, 'So, how about you start monday? Could you do that?"
The pay is at $6.65, which is pretty decent. I mean, with 40 hours a week its gonna pay some bills and such, so i'm pretty happy about that. My hours, 1 - 9 pm. Not bad at all. And another plus is that ni'm only the third guy in the store, the rest our girls, nice. So for the next few days i'll be able to sit on my ass and relax, without the guilt. But on another note, i'd like to thank everyone who posted words of confidence. I really appreciated all of them.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  11:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
shoe discounts?

awesome on getting a job. You're right, 6.65 isn't a billion, but you're also right, it'll get bills paid, which is important.

good on you man.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  10:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your minumum wage is low. We get paid like $7.25 I think. That is if that's the minumum wage there.

It's good news though. Any money is good money when your jobless.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  11:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats man... just think... you get to sleep in every day!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  06:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

Your minumum wage is low. We get paid like $7.25 I think. That is if that's the minumum wage there.

It's good news though. Any money is good money when your jobless.

Wow, minimum wage almost doubled from when I was young. (I didn't realized it varied from state to state, though. Thanks for that knowledge, Zach.) I think we got $3.35 an hour.

Congrats on the new job, HTG!!
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  1:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there is a federal minumum too but states can go above that and set there own, but you have to be above the federal limit. At least I think that's how it works I'm not positive, but I remeber someone telling me that.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  2:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, you don't have to be above the federal limit.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm

Green States with minimum wage rates higher than the Federal
Yellow States with no minimum wage law
Blue States with minimum wage rates the same as the Federal
Red States with minimum wage rates lower than the Federal
Brown American Samoa has special minimum wage rates

There you have it.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  10:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I wasn't sure. I didn't know some states had no minimum wage law.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  03:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess this teaches us don't move to Kansas or Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  08:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

I guess this teaches us don't move to Kansas or Ohio.

You had to actually be taught that? :)

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  10:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I am afraid Teri might need to learn about Ohio, which seems bizarre since she was a resident, you would have thought she would have already learned "DON'T MOVE TO OHIO"!!

disclaimer: This post does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, TR Productions, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. Terms are subject to change without notice. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. Your mileage may vary. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. Void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. This information is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity employer. No shoes, no shirt, no service. Quantities are limited, so don't delay. While supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental discretion advised, text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from OJ. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-household please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not use if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue use. Apply only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Website is ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. Must be 18 to purchase. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes, and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper usage, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized handling, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the website, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. List each check separately by bank number. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. One person to a booth. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Seek help immediately if you are actually reading this! This product is meant for educational purposes only. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. This page has been modified to fit your computer screen. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. Lather for 5 minutes, rinse, repeat if necessary. In case of eye contact, call a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Tobacco smoke causes fatal lung disease to non-smokers. For distribution only with new PC hardware. Harmful if swallowed. If rash occurs, discontinue use. This offer is valid for 30 days or 10,000, whichever comes first. Measure to suit your own taste preference. Contains 40% less sodium than regular chicken noodle soup. Not for use in automatic dishwashers. Shake well before use. 1/2 capful, 3 to 6 times a day or as directed by licensed health care practitioner. May cause vaginal dryness. Made from 100% recycled paper. For product support, contact the manufacturer of your PC. Questions? Comments? Call 1-800-CRAYOLA Weekdays 9am-4pm EST. Imported from Switzerland. May be harmful to domestic animals. Contains small pieces, not intended for use of small children. Keep away from open flame, sparks, or other heat sources. Specially formulated to safely & effectively clean electronic equipment. The following movie contains coarse language and nudity. Warranty void if read. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law. I declare the information provided by me in this application is true, correct, and complete to the best of my knowledge. Use of this product may cause temporary blindness. Other restrictions may apply. Offer good for a limited time only. Don't call us, we'll call you. Don't ask me, I just work here. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Loose lips sink ships. May explode if recharged improperly. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Suggested serving. Do not remove this tag until sold for retail. Dry clean only. Not for use with the Republican party. If left parked for over 10 minutes, may be towed. Ask your doctor or pharmacist. Do not open. Authorized personnel only. You may have additional rights which vary from state to state. Not recommended for children under 12. Parental guidance is suggested. One backup copy may be made. Net weight before cooking. Keep cool; process promptly. Licensed for home exhibition only. Tax-Deductible if you itemize deductions. Abort, Retry, Fail? Slightly higher in Alaska and Hawaii. Employees and their families are not eligible. You must be present to win. Call toll-free for more information. Brought to you by the letters F & U. Hellllooooooo Nuurrssse! This is a test, this is only a test. We all live in a yellow submarine. Warriors, come out to play. Welcome to paradise. Please consult your physician if unforeseen side effects develop. Non-fatal if swallowed. Proven effective in laboratory experiments. I fart in your general direction. Portions of this post were prerecorded. No substitutions allowed. Pays for itself in two visits.

This supersedes all previous notices.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  11:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy the safety seal on your post was broken, so per your rules, I can not use your post. :|

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  11:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahahaha. the best is "website is ribbed for your pleasure."

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  11:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
.....I can't believe you wrote all that. And that I actually read it! Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  12:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I draw your attention to a line contained within:
quote:
Package sold by weight, not volume. Seek help immediately if you are actually reading this! This product is meant for educational purposes only.

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  12:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I learned after the "Venus Transit & Participation Mystique......... " thread to read every word Fluffy writes.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  05:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Yes, I am afraid Teri might need to learn about Ohio, which seems bizarre since she was a resident, you would have thought she would have already learned "DON'T MOVE TO OHIO"!!

I'm taking the risk and using the quote, safety seal or not.

Yeah, I guess I already knew that moving to Ohio was a bad move. Although I do own property there (good for taxes) so there's a minute chance I could end up there again. Sad, very sad.

I didn't know that Kansas was a bad place to move to though.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  10:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
About the time my eyes started to lose focus I knew that was one helluva disclaimer.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000