sorry to say
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

InterpretingThePast
Is Anybody Here?

16 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  1:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never thought I would say this, but I am psyched that the tour is over on saturday. Now Tim and Fluffy can start planning some boston/prov shows. And, in case anyone didn't know, moonbootlover is coming to town again on dec 28. A great show if you have ever seen him. Check out his version of ms. spear's oops...funny as hell.

http://www.moonbootlover.com/sounds.cfm

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  4:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i would give a leg for an east coast tour. if tim does east coast solo then cross country D+T next year, i'll be a happy camper.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

InterpretingThePast
Is Anybody Here?

16 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  5:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would hate to say it, but I am getting a little tired of dave. I was not impressed with the non-jammy everyday (besides the title track) and LIC has a similar setlist to Listener Supported. Not that 12-19 is not an awesome show, but why did they have to go all the way back to 98 to find a good show? Maybe it says something about their chemistry/performance over the past few years.

dane
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  5:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they didnt even like everyday. I dont know if youve heard some of the stuff that leaked from the IEM soundchecks but theyre really really good, feels like classic DMB stuff all over again. If next album is as good as it seems to be shaping up right now, then i'll completely ignore everyday.

but i do agree w/ LIC. I mean, how many more similar live sets do we need??? but you gotta admit... Timmy does a fine job spicing it up. soon, soon, soon...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  5:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
IEM? What am I missing?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  5:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
IEM = inner ear moniter

people tapped into the fm frequency of the ear pieces that dmb wore so that they can tape what the band was saying between songs, and they got a decent recording of it as well. suffice to say, lots of bitching and complaining and fights arose from all corners of the dmb community.

anyway, some guys taped a few soundchecks this way, and got some sweet recordings of new songs. talk to me later and i'll send you a few.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  5:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet... I hadn't heard about that... I know it sounds kinda dumb, but if there are already recordings of new songs out there, I do my best not to hear them before a new album is released. It kinda takes the fun out of listening to a CD for the first time to me. Any word on when a new studio album might be in the works for DMB?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  6:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats cool.

rumours are flying, but it sounds pretty solid to say round feb they'll hit the studio. so take it from the past that with a 4 month average turnaround, we'll have a new album fall '02 earliest, but you never know.

and 95% chance no ballard.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  6:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They didn't even like it, Erich??? I hope that's not true(well I do actually) because if it is then they really know how to BS their fans. The last interview they did with Charlie Rose they said it had some of the best songs they'd ever written. They have never been so excited over an album. I know some of that was just said to promote it, but if none of that is true then they should give the fans a little more respect(even though the respectability of the fanbase seems to decline w/ each passing day).

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  9:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree...

a better non-ballard DMB album, is much awaited by me

-p

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  10:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fuck ballard and his suffer-no-solos attitude.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Reeko
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  10:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Reeko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is going to sound really stupid because i'm not at all up with what Tim Reynold's himself has been up to lately, but here i go anyways : Was Tim involved during the Lillywhite sessions??
Why was Tim not on the everyday cd??
In response to an earlier statement someone made of Dave Matthews Band not having any chemistry live anymore, I drove from Nova Scotia all the way to Montreal, Quebec for the August 8, 2001 show. It was the most amazing experience ever, The crowd was so into it(as was the band), on Musicplus the next day Dave said it was one of the best shows of the tour(or something along those lines). Sure I have to admit the setlist for the chicago cd is pretty shitty, but I honestly believe that If they released a cd of the montreal show, everyone's doubts involving the state of Dmb live performance would disappear.
but that's just my opinion.

"Ok you found me out, Beyond without a doubt, Your lie is safe with me, A friend I'm sure you are"
~Sara & Tegan
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  07:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, Tim was not involved in either of the sessions for the new DMB record. I would say only Dave and the band could answer as to why Tim was not called. One the big mysteries of life I guess.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Reeko
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  5:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Reeko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanx

"Ok you found me out, Beyond without a doubt, Your lie is safe with me, A friend I'm sure you are"
~Sara & Tegan
Go to Top of Page

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  5:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really, really want Tim to come back to San Francisco soon, the best city in the world!
Regards,
BJ

On the 1st day God created Tim.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  05:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey BJ, Rew definitely agrees with you and it is certainly in my top 5. In no particular order:

1 Burlington VT
2 Benbow CA(Humboldt Co)
3 San Francisco
4 Santa Fe NM
5 Wherever there are Evergreens!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote