TRelated Topics
 Some Points on Will Bradford
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

casperNHC
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  11:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Send casperNHC an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

It seems that some of you are not buying into Will's material. While I respect your oppinion, you really must not judge him based only on his solo acoustic sets. This is actually a very small fraction in comparison to the music that he regularly makes.

Before anyone continues to flame his sets, you should first start by taking a peak at his band's website www.seepeoples.com and go see them perform live.

SeepeopleS is the alter ego and probably puts on one of the more intense sets that I have seen in the past year. The lineup in SeepeopleS is dripping with talent from Dan Ingenthron on Bass all the way to Peter Keys on the boards. Educate yourself, and if you still have the same oppinion, then to each his own.

enjoy the rest of the tour...

Best..

Chris

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  11:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I liked his acoustic set.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  11:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris for not blasting those of us who didn't find a taste for Will. I thought he was cool, and I have both SeepeopleS albums now. SO yeah... I was one who said give him a try!

Will was a cool guy, too, I thought.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

casperNHC
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Send casperNHC an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EnthuTIMsiast and others:

If you'd like some live seepeoples audio and perhaps a video snippet you can email me at:

CasperNHC@aol.com

I have solo stuff as well for those of you who enjoy the acoustic material.

SeepeopleS Live at Bele Chere 2005'

Come to the mountains of Asheville

-Chris
Go to Top of Page

brooknot
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send brooknot an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think Tim and Will make a good pair for a show, actually. Where Will finds melody and space, Tim is more abstract and astronomically adept at filling space. Which, when put together, produces a gorgeous sound, demonstrated again and again by Tim's work with Dave Matthews (not that I'm comparing Will and Dave, I think their songwriting styles are really different, but both generally concentrate on melodic, composed songwriting and vocals) and Tim's tracks on the SeepeopleS record. So hearing them back to back individually was really interesting to me because it's sort of like being presented with two component parts of a whole, both of which stand alone and appeal to different tastes.

The style of each of their performances is so different on an emotional plane as well. Will really throws himself out there to the crowd, with his sugary, soaring vocals, making eye contact, really earnest and soulful, trying to connect to the audience that way. When you see him, you want to like him, because he just gives off this air of wanting to please the audience, and his lyrics are intensely personal. Tim seems a bit more introverted, really connecting to his guitar and his own body and drawing the audience in via that connection, which is intense, and private, in a way--which is another reason I think people connect so strongly to his music. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but he was just so stunning in his ability to create such delicate soundscapes and then plunge into a ripping rock song and just totally tweak people out. This was my first time seeing him and I couldn't believe the way his hands moved, I couldn't take my eyes off of them. And the lemurs trying to capture the fog and the little pink angel wings? Classic.

But then there are so many ways in which Will and Tim are similar too. Having met both of them, it seems they both have very anti-corporate, anarchist beliefs that fuel their love of making music. Both embrace soundscaping (as Chris mentioned, the soundscaping on Will's end is more evident on the SeepeopleS records than in his solo material) and creating a very calculated, spiritual mood in their music. They're both extremely intense performers, and seem to appreciate each other's music.

So... I really had no point in writing this, I just wanted to give my two cents. I can understand why most people would be kind of bored with Will's opening set, especially when they're so anxious to see Tim. But I agree with Chris that SeepeopleS is amazing music worth checking out, they're one of my favorite bands. There's so much outstanding music out there, the trick is to find something you like about it, hook into that and explore it from there. Thanks to Tim, Fluffy and Will for the mind blowing shows!

thanks for humoring me!
peace and much respect,
brook

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  2:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I think it's great you enjoy this band so much that you are compelled and moved to post about them. But unless you are going to specifically discuss something that Tim contributed to their music, can you please post these things in the General Topics section of the board, and not the Tim Related area. It'd be very much appreciated.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000