Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen Cox
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  02:50:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,
Your assistant told me to write to you here so here goes. First of all, thank you for all the kind words and blessings you gave me tonight in my home town. You have a genuine crew and a truly magical show that gave me the first breath of fresh air in a long while. We met after your show in BHM and talked for a while. Due to my life changing events, and a great friend informing me of your show in BHM, I had a chance to enjoy a wonderful day. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with cancer and within a few days ago, the test showed that I may have a fighting chance. You're show gave me two things. First, the desire to pick up the guitar and give myself the therapy I once took for granted. Second, a chance to meet a hero. Your kindness and sincerity proved to me that tonight was more than just a show. Thank you for all the kind words and inspiration to get behind the guitar and back in the air flying. I thank you for all the help. Best of luck on the tour and safe travels.

Allen Cox
Seaplane1978@yahoo.com

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  03:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen, welcome to the board. It's so great to hear that people can still be so inspired and uplifted by music. Hang onto your guitar man, and give that cancer all you have got, and beat that bastard. And please, stick around the board. You'll find it to be a great place for random conversations, support, and fun in general.

I wish you the best of luck with the fight.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  07:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen, First welcome to the board. Secondly, I had cancer too. It will be 2 years in June since my diagnosis. It is a whole different world that people can't fully understand until they are in the same shoes.

Feel free to email me @ ELMS4BB@aol.com My sister is currently fighting lymphoma and breast cancer. I will give you a bit of advice, the same I gave to her and that is that cancer is an emotional roller coaster. Your emotions will run all over the place and just Know there is no right or wrong way to feel at any given time. Stay positive, as much as possible. It does help. What helped me, saved me really, was music. Tim also helped me immensely. He played a show in Bryn Mawr PA the day his mother passed away. He could have chosen to cancel, everyone would have understood, but he played. I was having my second round of chemo that week, had just lost all my hair, and I can't tell you how much his concert gave me the boost I needed to continue with my treatments.

Best to you, and I am glad you got to hear TIM! Welcome!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  08:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the boards. I would tell you to contact Pam, because she beat cancer, but she already has found you. Just keep high spirits and find support in whatever it is that you find it, whether it be family, friends, music etc. Best of luck to you.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  11:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Allen! I echo all the well wishes of the others who posted before me, but I'd like to add that I think you're the first pilot we've had on the BOARD. Cool!
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  12:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was so moved by your post,and wish you all good things and welcome too. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  4:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yah, just about my whole family came down with cancer over the last year, (Dad, Mom, Grandma, Aunt, Sister, Mom's Boyfriend (they're divroced, don't sweat it.) Looks like I'm doomed.

It's a big fistful of shit, anyway, I'm glad Tim kicked your ass, as he has kicked so many of ours. Welcome to our boards, and good luck man.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Allen Cox
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  3:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to say thanks for all of those who have posted on here for me. I can't express how comforting it is to hear of other people going through the same thing I am. As of now things are good. Initially I posted to thank Tim but it seems to have turned out to be a great platform to talk to other people. Anyhow, thanks again for all the posts!

AC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000