Broads?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  2:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anybody on the board have a (girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/hubby) that drives them nuts most of time? Share your sorrows...

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  2:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cant say I do. When I started dating Kris, I made a few things clear about who Id want to be with.

1> no arguing.
2> no control, on either end.

weve known eachother since july '02, and have dated since sept '04, and both of those requirements have been met.

Personaly, I find it pretty sad when people cant seperate from someone that "drives them nuts". Im not going to lie, I was in that possition too with my ex. But I made sure to change that after the split.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  3:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I feel ya. I was trying to do the same, unfortunately, I was in a situation where I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my lady, so it took a while for me to learn all of the idiosyncracies that didn't mesh too well with my personality. I love her, but it's tough sometimes. She's moving much further away soon, so we'll see what happens. Not to say I am looking for something easy, just someone who tends to certain behavioral patterns more similar to mine.

*gush gush*

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  4:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in a relationship for a month, but she wanted to go back to being friends because she didn't think she was ready for a relationship and we're both really busy being RAs, classes, etc. I'm hoping we could get back together at the end of the semester or maybe next semester when we aren't RAs, but we'll see.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  4:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
girls love it when you call them "broads."

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  12:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like Dames personally, my mom says broads is demeaning..HAHA! sometimes I feel like such a loser, I swear!

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  02:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm sometimes afraid I drive John nuts and he's just too nice to say anything. So when I have a chance to give him "alone time" I try to take advantage of it.
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  08:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Happily married for a little over a year now (1yr, 4 mos.).

She does a lot of things that drive me crazy, but I know I make her a little batty as well. It's just part of the deal, I think

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  08:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm from Jersey, they're broads. AHAHHA

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  11:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only ever heard fat guys with cigars use the term "broads".
are you a fat guy with a cigar?
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  1:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm 6' tall, 175lbs and I fucking hate cigars...you make the call.

Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  1:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could never be with anyone who referred to woman as "Broads". Sorry HRW. However the humor hasn't escaped me entirely. I think whenever you're in a relationship for the long haul, (and hopefully less of it is a haul, if you know what I mean), things go up and down. As long as the up times out weigh the down, I say you're doing good. I've been with the my husband-like boyfriend for many years, and I have really high expectations,so he can make me crazy.
Mostly, he makes me laugh on a daily basis, and he gives me a lot of space to do as I please, so he gets to stay. It's never perfect ya know? Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  2:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Broads is a provincial thing.

I have only dated 3 girls over the course of my short 24 year existence. 2 of which I dated for 2 years each (including the current one), the other was for a month. I don't really dabble too much, I try and find girls with similar interests across the board, which is rare considering how weird I am.

Surprisingly enough, I am a very respectable individual. I have a strong sense of humor about relationship roles, so even though you might be "just some broad," I'll always be "just some dude."

Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  8:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if you are "just some dude", your posts have made me laugh hysterically more TIMes than not. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  12:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if it's nothing majorly annoying, just learn to accept it. no one's perfect. we all have little idiosyncrocies. you'll miss those things when they're not there anymore.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  08:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i hate girls that do a lot of coke
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  08:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why Dave, then you can lick their nostrils everytime you see them!

Dan, I'd say its overall pretty serious stuff. I'd say it borderlines on bipolar sometimes, and I have a hard time dealing with that becuase I am generally even-handed. Someone flipping out on you then apologising 20 minutes later constantly gets a little heavy.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment Robin, I am glad I am a source of amusement. As it turns out, that is my calling in life. AHAHHA

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  2:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm not the posterboy for even-handedness, so i can't sit here and say "yeah dude, that's fucked up." it's a judgement call you have to make. if it's such that her volitility is, say, making communication difficult, then you might have a problem. if it's putting distance between you two, it's a problem. best to try to talk about it before doing anything else.

what i meant by little things was little personal habits that might get to you over time.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  4:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nah, I hear you. And you're right, the little stuff is the stuff that grows on you. But many times, it'll be her hanging up the phone on me, then calling back 15 minutes later to apologize. My whole things is 'Let's not let it get to that level.' She claims she can't help it, which makes me think, 'Um...not working." The thing that complicates it is that she's gotten better, but I am afraid of catching a plateau and being miserable, it's just alwasy tough to make a one-sided judgement call on a relationship. Heartbreak is inevitable.

Fucking love.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  10:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's good not to have a lot of one sided decisions. unless you're talking break up, it's better to find a way around that. and if does come to that, honesty is the way to go. don't dance around the issue. tell her why. you'd be doing yourself and her a disservice otherwise.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  07:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  04:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

if it's nothing majorly annoying, just learn to accept it. no one's perfect. we all have little idiosyncrocies. you'll miss those things when they're not there anymore.

That reminds me of Good Will Hunting when the doctor tells Will about his wife's little pecadillos. It was so sweet.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  2:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The girl I'm dating just broke up with me over an argument about cell phones.

Broads, who needs them.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000