my views of nancies.org
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  02:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have been posting here for less than a month, and already I'm drifting away from DMB. Maybe it's because of the people, or maybe it's because of my love of the guitar. Anyway, I was just looking at the message board at nancies.org because I haven't been there for about a year. You should see the topics they have! There are people writing about how they're tired of living or how they're coping with a break-up. I was blown away at how off-topic everything was. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that those people are reaching out, but it was a complete contrast to what's done here. It seemed very strange to visit there because I felt superior, you know. I mean, not only am I a DMB fan (which is a gross minority in L.A.), but I'm a Tim fan (even lower).

I saw that there are about 7500 members at that site. We have less than 200 (but growing). Personally, I don't like the site anymore because you no longer feel superior. There are more fans (probably because of their new album, which sucks) who turn the concerts into NSYNC concerts, screaming for Crash or The Space Between. There like the "Stream" fans at a Tim concert.

I guess I'm just maturing because I can feel and hear the beauty and intensity of Tim's music, which touches me on a much deeper level than any lyric ever can.

Anyway, I would just like to thank everyone for being so upbeat and comical toward each other. And of course, I'd like to thank Tim.

Patrick

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  02:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Word up to that!

On the 1st day God created Tim.
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  03:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hail Satan!

Welcome aboard!

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page

KevinGTArch
Is Anybody Here?

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  12:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinGTArch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, DMB really seemed to draw in the pop crowd finally. The most recent and third concert for DMB I went to this summer at Turner Stadium here in ATL you could see the difference. There was a major shift from dancing in the aisle/people having mad fun to a bunch of stuck up little brats chatting on their cell phones throughout the WHOLE concert. Then they had the gull to get pissed when we were dancing around to much...I'm sorry but I didn't pay $50 bucks to sit there and run up my cell bill.

I saw (and met) Tim for the first time last Sat. night here in ATL as well. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, was a show. A very respectful audience and an extremely power performance which I suspect is typical for most of his shows. Nothing but the real fans there to appreciate the definition of "good" music. You can bet your sweet ass I'll be going again...if it wasn't for early class today I would have trailed him to Athens last night.

Peace,

Kev

KB
Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  4:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I feel the same way Patrick.

-p

Go to Top of Page

JettaRacer
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  6:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you guys mean. I've seen a few DMB concerts & I have enjoyed them but, not nearly as much as I've enjoyed the Tim cncerts. I was able to meet Tim twice after his shows. Once in Atlanta & the other here in Seattle. My brother-in-law went to the Seattle show with me & he totally digs Tim now. I took mu younger brother to the Atlanta show & he was astonished.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  7:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that popularity has unfortunatly seperated dave from his crowd, not intentionaly but just due to cercumstance. Im glad im a tim fan as well, cause i can be a bigger part an even play a bigger role in the fan community.

by the way, i was a nancie since 2 boards ago, the scene died man, its so sad...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  7:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yo kev, i was at the tim show sat. night too. i thought it was pretty good myself, being my first tim concert and all. but anyways, i wsa wondering if the GT in your name stands for Georgia Tech or if it's jsut a coincidence. anyways, if it isn't i too go to tech. gte999t, send me a message.

later

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  7:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where did you Tech boys go to high school?
-J

Go to Top of Page

KevinGTArch
Is Anybody Here?

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  8:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinGTArch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No coincidence there, I'm a slave...er...I mean student 24/7 (literally) here at GA Tech. And then of course "Arch" would be the major that deprives me of playing my guitar allll day long - Architecture, or more affectionately known as Architorture. Now how did you end up with a badass number like gte999t? I'm gte005v so yeah feel free to drop me a line.

Silky - I went to Westover High School in Albany, GA about 3 hours south of here. It's a culturally (and musically) deprived little place and I'm happy to be here in the big city.

Peace,

Kev

KB
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  8:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancies.org feels like TRL now. I feel the same way about DMB. They are just too popular. I love their music, but I don't go to shows anymore. I always liked DMB because they were unusual. But Everyday was just too mainstream. Dave used to always write very loose. His songs always had unorthodox structures. Everyday changed that. I still listen to live stuff and D&T though.

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  9:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dude...the nancies mailing list is awful. If you want decent DMB stuff with alot less off-topic stuff (although there is still quite a bit) check out the alt.music.fan.Dave-Matthews newsgroup. Much better than that mailing list garbage.

I love DMB...always will, but I'd pick a Tim show in a second over DMB. Unless its a small show... I saw Dave at that Groundworks deal up in Seattle, and it was great.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000