Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I can play something on my guitar!!! YEAH!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2001 :  01:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been practicing like crazy the last couple of days (since I have ALOT of free time after school, lol) I sat down with my guitar and got some tab, and I found myself playing "Crash" I sat for three hours, then, BAM! I nailed it!!! Then, I looked for some tab on Tim, and found "When the dust settles" It looked easy enough, so I sat down, fooled around with it. . .then BAM!! Nailed it! (well, the beginning of it anyway!) I played that day until my finger tips bled, but boy o boy was it nice! I even made up my own little tune with some easy cords. . .BAM! Just thought I should post this and say so.

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2001 :  2:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*Am I watching Emeril Live?*
With all the BAM'ing! going on I couldn't tell.

No thats cool, there are many different levels to playing the guitar.
I just nailed "stream" today. I just sat down, got stoned (which helped a great deal), told myself today was the day. All of a sudden my skill level rises, I get excited and want to play all day.

Its cool like that.
I started looking at "stream" in a bigger light, concentrating on over all form, instead of small things. That also helps with your memorization.

Good Luck, Keep playing,

-Philip

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2001 :  04:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats to both of you! I am sure it is no small accomplishment. Good luck with the next step for both of you.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  4:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
congrats on the Stream...are you talking about the solo section as well? I can pretty much nail it with about 50% consistency..maybe that shouldn't be considered nailing it...up until the solo....which isn't THAT tough, i've done a lot of scale work in my 2 years of guitar experience, if you ignore the funk section. i can't even begin to play that part.

but i think what intended to say when i hit "reply" was that i'm the same way as you guys, sometimes I will be excited about playing and it really puts you and your playing on another level. helps you reach that feeling where instead of playing the music, you are the music.

Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  4:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep, I got all of it down, "stream" that is. It was a bitch but the pay off is awesome.

-p

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  11:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the progress. The way I see it, playing guitar is a lot like weight lifting. I lift weights, and I play guitar, and whenever you make some kind of progress, is really motivates you to go on. Like, when you wake up one morning, and notice that your biceps have grown or something, or you get in the gym and can curl 5 more pounds than you could last time, it motivates you to work out, and you work out harder for a while. Same with playing guitar, when you tackle a song like stream and do it well, or pretty well, it motivates you to keep going and learn more, and perfect what youve already learned.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000