Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 bored?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  08:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
me and my brother on cnn:
http://www.davecahill.com/videos2005/cnn_small.wmv

watch my friend get nailed by a beer can to the face:
http://www.davecahill.com/videos2005/stripper_02_blake_gets_hit.mpg

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  09:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! You both have my deepest respect! Thank you for not being silent! My motto is "Silence is never heard!" Your brother was well spoken, please tell him I said thank you!

BTW, where did he get his tatoo's? I would like to get a small tattoo to cover one of the ugly dots left from my breast cancer. Yep, they tattoo you for radiation treatments and while most of the dots are hidden there is one that isn't and I would like to turn it into a little "skin art."

On the subject of Bush, I am so relieved to hear the Federal Judge would not allow Terri Schaivos tube to be reinserted. If he allowed it then you could expect Roe Vs Wade to be over turned in the near future. If she was kept alive because they claimed denying her nutrition was not the same as life support, then one could argue that a fetus should not be denied nutrition from its mother. I know it sounds far fetched but I could see that happen.

Ironic that Bush could fly to DC at the drop of a hat for one woman, yet thousands have died in Iraq and continue to die, our environment is being ruined, health care sucks so badly people are dying every day for lack of medical care, and Bush doesn't do a damn thing to help any of these situations. Go figure. BTW, I wonder if Terri was in another state if Bush would have cared as much. Guess he looks out for brother Jeb.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  11:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet. I take it you didn't get put in the trouble makers pen. I think it would be great if more people with real opinions could get some airtime, and not people who will just recite the government lines back to everyone.

As far as Terri goes I don't know if any of you catched the Daily Show, but they decided that the governments new plan was to help citizens by solving their problems one at a time in congress.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  12:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i cought the daily show last night.

best show on tv in my opinion.

and way to tell the mass media to their face that they are pussys.

i wish i could give you an award, but i dont have one.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  2:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, your brother was very calm and articulate, I would have been nervous knowing I was on national tv. You guys sent a strong message, way to go!

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  2:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks man
yea that was 10am...so after realizing that everyones yelling "down with bush" we realized media reform is a good way to focus. We were on or near everyone, NBC, foxnews, MSNBC, abc, some barbershop radio station interviewed us...it was awesome. We video taped the whole thing. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  3:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll try to quote a woman I saw on CNN yesterday afternoon who said "last week a 10-months-old child's feeding tube was taken out, where was Mr. Bush then?" stuff like this happens all the time, and it proves that if you fuss enough you can do anything, even if others don't agree with it, so rock on to your brother ruby, and...Ftheman

postscript: I don't think the government has any right telling the people how they shall live or die; discuss

post-postscript: Why the hell is Major League Baseball on frickin' trial in D.C.? Congress is not the ruling body for a group of private corporations, and that is what they are. Talk amongst yourselves.

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  6:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The real question is why in the hell do people continue to support the government?

Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  7:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Ironic that Bush could fly to DC at the drop of a hat for one woman, yet thousands have died in Iraq and continue to die, our environment is being ruined, health care sucks so badly people are dying every day for lack of medical care, and Bush doesn't do a damn thing to help any of these situations. Go figure. BTW, I wonder if Terri was in another state if Bush would have cared as much. Guess he looks out for brother Jeb.

right on PJK

quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

The real question is why in the hell do people continue to support the government?

And I thought it was only me who thought that

btw the links are broken for me >_< wish I could see them

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  9:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they support the government because they believe in it.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fixed the links
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We all know the government kills, conspires, corrupts, and then covers-up. The question is, what do we do about it?

Reason obviously gets us nowhere, and violence would just fuels the already out-of-control fire. We really need all those who haven't alreday sold their souls to blindly religious conservatism to stop whining about the R's not playing fair and take a new humanity-based approach at 'politics'.

The nation's now extreme left/right polarization might just help in reversing its own situation. E.G. Basically, what you have are wealthy right-wingers up in the hills (surrounding me, basically) pushing conservatism because they're still rich and are in no immediate threat of losing that status with Big Daddy Bush in office. Then on the other side you've got the blue-blooded-would-be-middle-class in Middle America, pushing Bush because they believe he is doing their God's bidding. (This as it turns out, is his bread and butter politically because anything Bush did pre-presidentially (snorting coke, boozing it up, fucking businesses up, pissing money away, being INSANELY wealthy which he still is of course) he is no longer accountable for because he was 'saved'...what a good deal, huh (btw, thanks Karl Rove!)? I wonder if Maddass Hussein repented and became a devout believer in Christianity, they'd let him go and buy a house in the Hamptons and hang-out as a re-born... anyway...what the majority 'leftists' need to understand is, to play their game, you can't play their game.

What was the only thing that pissed off your little sister/brother when they tried to annoy the fuck out of you? Ignoring them. I got a feeling the same would happen with the R's. They're so tied up in spin, spin, spin and pointing fingers, that if we just let them have free media reign, cut ourselves free of the back-and-forths, and talking matches...and got back to just acting on the things we believe most strongly in, I honestly believe, even in the horribly fucked situation we are in, that Americans would gravitate to that. I believe its this reason that Kerry lost the election...he got so into defending himself from phantom accusations, he forgot what he was trying to do...to stop exactly what the R's forced him into. We need unrelenting attempts to improve the human condition, and not just here...everywhere.

AIDS in Africa, murder in Chechnya, environmental problems in China...we have the intellect and compassion to actually help these causes. So where does the money come from?

There are plenty of well-off citizens who actually do care, people with enough money to get a jump-start in the public eye to scare up questions about why the distribution of wealth in the country and in the world is so desparately out of proportion. Media moguls, professional sports players, investment bankers...these people spend hundreds of thousands to throw lavish parties, without, for the most part, the idea that maybe one less plate of filet mignon at the dinner table could save 50 children's lives. Why are their people around my area spending 20 million dollars on homes? Are you fucking kidding me? Is it because they need 45,000 square feet of hardwoods and wrought iron to house their family of four or five?

In short I guess, we have all let the little things slip through the cracks, and it's been these little things that have built up to form the huge things that are now ruining us...corporations, enterprises, groups, conglomerations..we can't ignore what they're doing, obviously. But we can ignore them. Stop pointing fingers and blowing whistles, and go after these causes with the lone goal of solving them, no more nonsense. Maybe this would make a few more people who don't pay attention realize what's going on behind the scenes...and in turn make them do something about it.

Sorry for the stream of conciousness post here...sometimes I just get fired up. Gotta get up anyway.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  11:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i rarely agree with you, but that was insightful.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  12:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHAHA, thanks Dan, just a cup of coffee and a half hour is all it takes. I have a hard time being cohesive sometimes, but oh well.

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  2:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monarchies have failed, Theocracies have failed, Democracy has failed, and now ownership of the world by the super rich will fail. Man should finally give up and just say that try as we might we fail with our goverment forms and give in to the mythocracy.

If man really tried to answer the question of the right way to live on this earth and got past the cultural brainwashing we could once again live the right way. The power of the myth holds this right way. It is the only proven way to live in harmony with the earth and with each other.

I don't think that the leftists goal should be getting together so they can become the force of power, or that they really should. Anyone who is sincere should give up these non-harmonic, choatic systems of life and society and look for another way of life. Their are people out there who have another way to live and it's time for people to give up and listen. Anyone who wants to change the world will not do it by manipulating the system or trying to divert the flow of the vision (or societies path), but a whole new vision is needed.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  2:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the peace movement has failed, period.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  2:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've actually changed my views on peace over the last couple of years. I used to think that peace was really important, but now I realize harmony is what's more important.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  5:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i agree that the peace movement failed, even though i still feel hrw's post is well said. it would seem as though those who end up in the seat of power care only for themselves and their own. they don't respond to peaceful protest and loud opinion because, frankly, they don't care. i used to think they'd be responsive only to a direct threat on themselves and that violence is the only thing anyone really understands anymore. you have to speak that language if you want to be heard.

that may be true. but would that really be worth it? are things bad enough now to warrent so drastic an action? it might fail, and then things would be worse. and would you die for it? more to the point, would you kill for it? would others? even if violence is the answer, maybe it isn't a viable option.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  10:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I am beginning to feel like 'peace' is a losing it's meaning. As if it's something that needs to be attained or achieved; peace is not a goal. Peace just is, it's always been here. It's just that we forget the traits we have internally to be at peace: tolerance, self-control, just plain goodness. That shit is a joke these days. You can't blindly be good, someone will fuck you over as hard as they can.

And that's this world's mentality. So you're right, Dan, what the fuck is the solution to a problem created by people who could give a shit they're creating a problem to begin with. I call it, "The America Paradox." AHAHHA...shit...

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  2:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The solution is not that we need peace the solution is harmony with nature. Living the right way ensures a low population and low population makes resources more widely available. While war would still be around it would not be in the form that it is now. Like when the natives fought they wouldn't fight to exterminate each other, but merely to protect resources which actually helps to keep the population down and things in balance. When the powers of the myth return and the earth is once again sacred then we will have no power structure to be screwed with, and all in all I think life will generally be better.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  3:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check out
The Weather Underground
or The Weathermen Underground

There's also a documentary on them that is absolutely great.

Check it out on google or netflix.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000