New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  07:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, here's another piece of my odd/bad/shitty luck. As some of you were aware, I had two jobs. One answering phones at a place called DialAmerica, the other making sandwhiches at my local Subway. Well, everything was going good, I just got a full-time position at DialAmerica, working 40 hours a week, and I placed my two weeks notice in at Subway . . . . ( cue bad misfortune ) I just recently god fired at DialAmerica, :-(, and my last day at Subway was just last night.....now here I am again, jobless. I could've asked to stay on the schedule at Subway, but I figured my pride was worth keeping my mouth shut about the whole situation. The last thing I wanted to do was ask for my job back after quiting. Now i'm off again, in search of work ( hopefully by the end of next week ) Wish me luck. And my brother, fellow poster 'TalkingNuerons,' even offered to help by giving me some of his money. To quote my brother, 'if you need help, let me know. . .hell, I dont do anything with my money anway.' God I love that guy.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  09:46:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really sorry to hear that. I am sure you will be able to find another, better job real soon. I am not sure if things happen for a reason, but I do know that all experiences in life can make you stronger. Hang in there HTG! BTW I think TalkingNuerons is pretty awesome too! Sounds like you not only have a brother but a best friend for life and that is pretty cool!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  2:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that sucks much wang. there usually jobs around like subway. just keep your eyes open. and mooching is fucking sweet, too.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  01:38:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the good news is I have about 2 weeks till my rent is due, and I have plently of money in the bank to last untill that long, even a few weeks longer. But that doesnt mean I get to slouth. I'm gonna get really serious tommorow, and look everywhere. And my roomate said he'd keep his eyes peeled for me too.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  01:58:17 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's a bummer man. Good luck finding a new job, and no matter how desperate you are... stay away from video rental places!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  02:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

That's a bummer man. Good luck finding a new job, and no matter how desperate you are... stay away from video rental places!!!

Haha, really? With all those free rents you get?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  6:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear... but I'm sure you'll find something soon!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  11:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

Sorry to hear... but I'm sure you'll find something soon!

Thank you. But for now, i'll shower and get off my lazy ass. Time to be more aggressive in this job search. And i'm keeping my fingers crossed for my tax return to come in the mail. My roomate got his . . .just a matter of time *drools*

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  2:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If all else fails become a gigalo.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  4:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing much new to report, except God bless Tax Returns. I just got a big chunk of it in the mail, and my final check from Subway is no sloutch either. So everythings going great money wise. My friends are still looking for work. There's really nothing much around here but food places. But i've been told of some jobs opening up soon ( fingers crossed ) But alls good on this side of things.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  02:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can always join me in the Air Force! Get a steady paycheck, see the world, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  03:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
but how much time do you have to pursue things like seeing Tim in concert?

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  02:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

You can always join me in the Air Force! Get a steady paycheck, see the world, etc.

Its in the back of my mind. Maybe even the Marines, hhmmm ......

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  08:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea, but don't rush into it. Really think it over first. My son's friend who is like another son to me, enlisted in the service last year. He wanted to work in the control towers but couldn't pass the special physical they have for that so he now is a mechanic for helicopters. Yes, he is going to Iraq soon and yes he could die over there, but anyone of us could die any time any place. At least he is doing something that will better himself and maybe help make the world a better place too.

As far as Iraq goes, I am still bitter that we are over there, but since we are, I am hoping for some really positive results. Honestly, I don't know if that will happen given the history of that area, but I am wishing for peace just the same.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  05:02:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jiyra

but how much time do you have to pursue things like seeing Tim in concert?

When I lived in LA I got to see TIM a bunch of times. Here in Europe, I haven't done so well at it.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  05:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}

quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Its in the back of my mind. Maybe even the Marines, hhmmm ......

Just keep in mind that if you join the Marines (or even the Army) you will most likely go to Iraq. Not so great -- we would worry about you.

If you joined the Navy, you'd probably go to sea, but it probably wouldn't be too dangerous. (Just boring when you're not in port.)

If you join the Air Force you can get some awesome technical skills (like aircraft mechcanics, avionics, info technology, etc.) that you most likely would put to use on a state-side or European base with comfy "dorms." (We've gone the kinder/gentler route. The Army calls their housing barracks still.)

Keep that in mind before you make your decision...

teri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000