Lawrence Juber anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  10:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope no one here thinks i'm spamming here by "advertising" an artist, but tonight my guitar teacher gave me a CD of a Lawrence Juber show his friend recorded of 3/7/04. He's quite a guitarist, and is instrumental acoustic style, with a little bit of a Tim Reynolds influence. That's actually why he gave me the CD, I was playing impermanence and my teacher liked the sound and said when he thought of my playing he thought of Lawrence.

I have no idea how popular he is and I've just discovered him tonight, but he's definitely worth the look. He does an awesome cover of Strawberry Fields Forever instrumentally.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  11:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to get a copy of that show... AIM or something?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  11:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He has a whole album of Beatles arrangements. It's dope.

I have an issue of Guitar World Acoustic that has a bunch of tabs for them. Strawberry Fields, Let it Be, a couple others I think.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  5:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn I'd kill to learn that version of Strawberry Fields.

Wellll maybe not kill, unless whoever I killed had an IQ lower than 70.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  1:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can probably scan the tab from the magazine and send it to you, Pimp. Or I can just tab it out manually if you like.

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  6:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do whichever you feel is easiest. Thanks a bunch man, this will be a blast to learn.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  11:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll get on it by tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  5:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ever get that tab finished?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000