12/18/04 Asheville, NC Private show
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  02:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So this weekend I was off to NC for a private party featuring TR as the entertainment. It was all very last minute, but a very big fan of TR found himself needing entertainment for his staff Xmas party. After a call to Tom, Tom called TR, and like that we had a gig in NC for Sat the 18th. I have spent the last week getting all the details together and on Friday I started the drive down to Asheville to pick up TR at the airport at 10:20pm. The new Rav4 did marvelously on the ride down. But enuf about me.....

Kevin Geagan is the owner and operator of Auto Advantage in NC. He opted to hire TR for his staffs Xmas party. He also rented a wonderful location for the show, The Diana Wortham Theatre in Asheville, NC.(dwtheatre.com)The staff at the theatre took wonderful care of us and we had a wonderful TIMe. As is the case with TR, liberties were taken with the show that appeared vs what was on the setlist. Here is a copy of the setlist as it appeared in front of TR:

Space Between Species
Come Together
Ohio
Jemez
Hopeful
Natural Mystic
Quantum Particle Theories
-------------------------
Timeless
Try A Little Harder
Stranger
And Then They Were Foam
Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Doom/Danger
Robot Batwings Flapping in a Space/TIMe Loop
New A/New D
Buffalo Soldier/Herb
Chatterbox
The Rapture According To Idiots
Letting Go
Ten Years/Kashmir
Don't Know What
Loose Enterp/All You Need
Question-Then FUCK AUTHORITY
Kudalini Weenie

So you may be asking yourself, why would Fluffy be torturing us with this info. Well there is some good news in all of this for you guys as well. After many phone calls with Kevin's liason for the show, Tommy we arrived at an arrangement for recording the show. Kevin and Tommy took it too a whole other level, luck for you. When we arrived, we were greated by a four camera shoot that will be transfered to DVD. Kevin, as well as hiring TR for the show, hired a film crew to shoot his show for him and you all will be the beneficiarys. Kevin will be sending along a copy for us that he has allowed me to share with everyone. This will not be an official release, so it will be FREE!!! I just have to find someone who knows how to and can host it so anyone who wants a copy can download and burn one. They are telling me that we can expect the edited copy sometime in January so it looks like January may be BIG month for TR fans, what with the new CD Parallel Universe and now an acoustic show on DVD. And a damn fine acoustic(apoopstic, a new word for the acoustic shows TR and I came up with at dinner)performance if I do say myself. It may have been the best version of Kashmir I have ever witnessed TR play. I mentioned that to TR and he laughed and said "It felt really good, I was in a zone!".

Hopefully, you will get a much more detailed review from dirtysloth who was in attendance this evening as our guest. He had a long drive back to Roanoke after the show so he may not be on tonite, but you never know.

So to wrap it up, as I must get up early to drive TR to the airport and then I have the long drive back to DC in a possible snow storm, so I would like to thank Kevin and Tommy for a wonderful TIMe and choosing TR for their party and for taking such wonderful care of us and also to the video crew, soundman and Eric and Justin for taking such wonderful care of us at the venue. We had a great TIMe and a GREAT show. I think it is also wonderful of Kevin to go to the trouble of capturing the show for prosterity and allowing us to make it available to all of you as well. Kevin had actually seen TR solo early in my tenure with TR when we played a Black Mountain Music Hall in Black Mountain, NC in April of 2000. I remember the gig quite well, as it was a beautiful room that had the warmth and atmosphere of log cabin as it was all wood inside, but it tended to resemble more like a church. It was beautiful. Anyway, Kevin described the show as "spiritual". I found that to be a great description. As always, I am sorry all of you could not be there for it, but thanx to Kevin, Tommy and their wonderful crew, you will get to experience it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. THANX to all involved!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  12:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!!! Thanks so much! This is amazing! haha made my day a hell of a lot better
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  1:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote down all of the songs I could remember this morning. The only changes I can see are that Chatterbox was not played and in Don't Know What(sung, 12 string), TR was singing lyrics to If 6 Was 9 and that went into Do You Know(also sung). Even as improvisational as TR always is, I think this was one of the most jammy shows of his I've been to(I've seen seven), especially with the delay. The other songs that had singing were Natural Mystic and All You Need Is Love(the crowd sang some too on that one). He just had the Martins, one six and one twelve. The only effects were volume and delay.

I feel extremely privelaged to have been able to be at this show. Thanks again for getting me in on this, Fluffy. It doesn't feel like I can say it enough. When the TIMe comes, I will be more than happy to use my DVD burner to spread this to as many of you as I can. Maybe we can set up a tree. I wish more board members could have made it... still haven't met any of you. Hopefully I will the next TIMe there is a show around here. I had tickets to that Dave & Tim show in Boone last year, but I would've missed too much school. I've seen seven DMB shows too but I still haven't seen them together. I'll need to get that Dave & Tim DVD from someone.

It was an amazing experience. I just wish that someone I know could have made it. I asked a lot of people. One friend's aunt and uncle flew down to Guatamala to adopt a baby and yesterday happened to be the day they flew back with her new cousin. She was 20 ft away from the stage at Bonnaroo though and I wasn't so at least she still got a dose recently. Another friend was almost a sure thing, but then he went to the hospital with a scratched cornea(Fluffy you met this guy, Dave, in Blacksburg). Another friend had to go to a wedding. One sister moved from NC to Richmond, VA this weekend and my mother was there taking care of my nephew. The other sister had to work but probably wouldn't have been up for it anyway being seven months pregnant. My father went to a Christmas party. One person I know who would've loved to come is a marine who was in NC and had the weekends off, but he's in the desert in Arizona right now. That same guy is getting married New Year's Day before he goes to Iraq for seven months. Anyway, the three other people I asked all had to work on a Saturday night. I was meant to come alone.

I had no idea where the theater was so since Asheville is a cool town I thought I'd just park the car at the first place I could find and look around until I found it. I walked a block and there it was. I was walking around outside when Fluffy saw me from the restaurant he and Tim were eating at and I went inside and said hello to Tim. After that, Tommy saw me outside and told me to make myself at home so I went inside and enjoyed some hors d'oeuvres after he introduced me to Kevin. After that, they had a short awards ceremony and then it was showtime.

It didn't feel at all like any show I'd ever been to since most everyone there seemed to know each other. I doubt there was even a hundred people there. If so, it wasn't much more than that. Everyone was completely quiet and attentive. The only other show with any artist that I've seen with such a quiet audience was TR in Chattanooga about three years ago. It's always fun to be in the first row. I felt a little out of place at first but Kevin and Tommy made me feel completely welcome. After the show, Tim came out and talked for a while. Tim saw me and said something like... "It's the guy from that band... um....". Then I said Staind and yeah, that's the guy he was thinking of. Despite my feelings toward Staind, I got a kick out of it. "It's been a while" since I've heard that anyway(yeah, that was terrible, I couldn't resist). I guess it's the shaved head. I dunno. I've heard that I look like Dave Matthews just as much but I don't see that at all.

I drove a total of about 500 miles and I was still too excited to sleep when I got home at about 4 this morning. That could have had something to do with the Red Bulls too though. I hope everyone's trips were safe. I saw snow flurries most of the way back, but it wasn't sticking to the road so driving wasn't a problem.

They had a cool flyer, which I got a signed copy of so I'll post that later. I think that about sums it up, but you'll see for yourself what it was like soon enough.

Peace,
Patrick
---------------
www.patrickorcutt.com
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  3:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It looks funky because the whole thing wouldn't fit on the scanner... photoshopped two different scans together.

Peace,
Patrick
---------------
www.patrickorcutt.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  3:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet another DVD! I thought the 9/15 DVD was pretty good, but this sounds like it will be awesome. Thanks to Tim for having taping policies like they are.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  3:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sloth - thats a really really well done advertisment.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  3:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The flyer? I think they only gave it to those who attended, which were mostly employees... Although my posting it here makes it an advertisement I think... more of a keepsake... sorry if I'm just nitpickin... it was done well... there's room on my wall for it
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  4:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My mind just blew up.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  12:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I as well have made it home safely after an arduous drive in treacherous conditions, but I am getting pretty used to that LOL. So when I left Asheville it had just started snowing there but by the TIMe I made my way up I-26 thru the Appalachians to I-81 it was white-out, blizzard conditions. Much like my experience leaving Boone after the T&D show there. Needless to say I made the entire journey with no incidents(that involved ME)and I would say there was snow about 80% of the 500+ mile trip, 30% blizzard conditions. Whatta trip!! I actually had a moment of where I thought I had completely weathered the storm. Just outside of Roanoke, VA, the snow stopped as I crossed Rt. 777(I also passed a Rt 666 a little before that) and I glanced down to notice that my odometer was also at 777 at the same moment. This being my lucky number, I thought how fortuatuous that the snow would stop at that exact moment. Needless to say about 30 mins the other side of Roanoke it started back up and was pretty constant all the way into DC where it is still snowing now. It seemed to get worse the closer I got to home. Funny that way LOL. All in all, it was a fun trip, I love challenging myself that way because what else can you do in a situation like that. Make the best of it, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. I made the trip in 7 hrs 40 mins with one stop for gas, snacks and bathroom despite the inclimate weather. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

As for the invitation poster(I will give it yet another name hehe), the photo was taken at the Black Mountain Music Hall show in 2000 by Kevin. He put together the poster himself as an announcement to his staff about their featured entertainment for their Xmas party. It may be one of the nicest ones I have seen. Maybe one of you computer capable people can somehow disassemble it and reassemble it into some kind of cover art for the DVD that will one day be made available. We can post it on the website(or somewhere) for people to download for their DVD. Just an idea, if someone wants to undertake it. Thanx in advance!!

Well it's been a helluva long day and I have to get up at the crack of dawn(which is just not normal for me so it's very hard)so I am going to sign off now and try and get the sleep I didn't get last nite. LOL. PEACE

PS Hey dirtysloth, thanx for the great review and it was great seeing you again! Hopefully we can do it again in the not too distant future. I was glad you could make it, thanx for making the trip.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  02:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy cow. Fluffy, that sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear/see this!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Geagan
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  11:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

So this weekend I was off to NC for a private party featuring TR as the entertainment. It was all very last minute, but a very big fan of TR found himself needing entertainment for his staff Xmas party. After a call to Tom, Tom called TR, and like that we had a gig in NC for Sat the 18th. I have spent the last week getting all the details together and on Friday I started the drive down to Asheville to pick up TR at the airport at 10:20pm. The new Rav4 did marvelously on the ride down. But enuf about me.....

Kevin Geagan is the owner and operator of Auto Advantage in NC. He opted to hire TR for his staffs Xmas party. He also rented a wonderful location for the show, The Diana Wortham Theatre in Asheville, NC.(dwtheatre.com)The staff at the theatre took wonderful care of us and we had a wonderful TIMe. As is the case with TR, liberties were taken with the show that appeared vs what was on the setlist. Here is a copy of the setlist as it appeared in front of TR:

Space Between Species
Come Together
Ohio
Jemez
Hopeful
Natural Mystic
Quantum Particle Theories
Timeless
Try A Little Harder
Stranger
And Then They Were Foam
Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Doom/Danger
Robot Batwings Flapping in a Space/TIMe Loop
New A/New D
Buffalo Soldier/Herb
Chatterbox
The Rapture According To Idiots
Letting Go
Ten Years/Kashmir
Don't Know What
Loose Enterp/All You Need
Question-Then FUCK AUTHORITY
Kudalini Weenie

So you may be asking yourself, why would Fluffy be torturing us with this info. Well there is some good news in all of this for you guys as well. After many phone calls with Kevin's liason for the show, Tommy we arrived at an arrangement for recording the show. Kevin and Tommy took it too a whole other level, luck for you. When we arrived, we were greated by a four camera shoot that will be transfered to DVD. Kevin, as well as hiring TR for the show, hired a film crew to shoot his show for him and you all will be the beneficiarys. Kevin will be sending along a copy for us that he has allowed me to share with everyone. This will not be an official release, so it will be FREE!!! I just have to find someone who knows how to and can host it so anyone who wants a copy can download and burn one. They are telling me that we can expect the edited copy sometime in January so it looks like January may be BIG month for TR fans, what with the new CD Parallel Universe and now an acoustic show on DVD. And a damn fine acoustic(apoopstic, a new word for the acoustic shows TR and I came up with at dinner)performance if I do say myself. It may have been the best version of Kashmir I have ever witnessed TR play. I mentioned that to TR and he laughed and said "It felt really good, I was in a zone!".

Hopefully, you will get a much more detailed review from dirtysloth who was in attendance this evening as our guest. He had a long drive back to Roanoke after the show so he may not be on tonite, but you never know.

So to wrap it up, as I must get up early to drive TR to the airport and then I have the long drive back to DC in a possible snow storm, so I would like to thank Kevin and Tommy for a wonderful TIMe and choosing TR for their party and for taking such wonderful care of us and also to the video crew, soundman and Eric and Justin for taking such wonderful care of us at the venue. We had a great TIMe and a GREAT show. I think it is also wonderful of Kevin to go to the trouble of capturing the show for prosterity and allowing us to make it available to all of you as well. Kevin had actually seen TR solo early in my tenure with TR when we played a Black Mountain Music Hall in Black Mountain, NC in April of 2000. I remember the gig quite well, as it was a beautiful room that had the warmth and atmosphere of log cabin as it was all wood inside, but it tended to resemble more like a church. It was beautiful. Anyway, Kevin described the show as "spiritual". I found that to be a great description. As always, I am sorry all of you could not be there for it, but thanx to Kevin, Tommy and their wonderful crew, you will get to experience it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. THANX to all involved!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kevin Geagan
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  11:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First time posting hear, so I just inadvertently re-posted Fluffy's original message regarding our show in Asheville...

Fluffy, Patrick - they're right - the show was incredible, and what a great night for our folks in Asheville --- we had four cameras shooting and two cameramen who produce video for a living - they're working on post-production/editing now, so we expect the DVD to be ready around the second week of January - they felt like the setting was great and they were fed directly into the soundboard, so the audio should be good. Also, we'll provide the image of Tim on the "invitation poster" for the cover artwork for the DVD to any who contact us...

By the way, this was our first experience doing a concert event, and with very little time to plan...I'd just like to mention here how grateful we are to Fluffy and Tim for their passion and friendliness toward everyone in Asheville - they're talented enough to get away with acting like jackasses/prima donas, and yet they could not have been greater guys. Tim spends a lot of energy on stage during a show (incredible endurance), and both he and Fluffy hung out afterward for quite a while and met several of my guests, including my mom and sister and a few special fans of his who were thrilled.

Thanks for a great evening.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  02:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the TR family Kevin. Thanks for posting, but more importantly, thanks for having this party and for having the foresight to have a camera crew there to document it. I can't wait to see this DVD!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  03:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, Thanx for stopping by and THANX again for taking such great care of us. As you can see, everyone is quite excited for the DVD. You have friends all over the country now. As for your error in posting, as a member, when you are signed in, there is a little button above each of your posts. It looks like a little trash can, click on it and you can delete your mispost. Thanx again for stopping by and hope to get to see you again very soon.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  12:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin (Geagan),

How do we contact you to get a copy of the DVD plus flyer artwork?

Thanks in avance!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  9:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone who was involved with this! I look forward to getting my crubby hands on anything I can!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  11:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If I can get one, I'll do 10 B&P's of it to send out.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

TOMMY
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  4:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at the Asheville TR show and it was spectacular! I want to thank Fluffy for being so accessible and answering all of my questions. Tim coulndn't have been nicer to our staff and our friends and family. He was a true professional and made us all feel very at ease. I hope he enjoyed working with us and playing for our staff. It was the best and most intimate venue in which I have ever seen a concert. I hope to work with Tim and Fluffy again for another performance of more people, possibly. Thanks again to Tim and Fluffy for all of their help on such short notice. I can't wait to get the DVD !!!
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  7:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The news surrounding this DVD died down. Anyone have any details about obtaining a copy???

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  8:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have not recieved anything yet, but they told me mid-January. Since it's only a little past that I figured I would give them some TIMe before I start bugging them. Afterall, they are paying for it. It's a gift, I feel weird bugging them about it. They are nice guys, so I am sure they will send it along just as soon as they have it. Don't worry, I will let you all know just as soon as I hear something.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  08:38:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again, I'll B&P 10 of them if I can get one. Sorry for the shotgun posts, but I can't miss this one.

Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  12:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You Rock Fluffly ... as well as KG and the guys!

I'm sure I'm speaking for many when I say, "cannot wait!"
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2005 :  12:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, if you get any word on this DVD anytime soon, let us know. I know you're going on tour, so no biggie, I am just very eager to check it out and whore it out to all the other lunatics on this board. I emailed Kevin G a while ago, but to no reply; but who am I, right? HAHAHA

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2005 :  5:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how I missed this until just now, but I too could B&P a bunch of copies of this show for anyone.

And hosting shouldn't be hard, either... just get jon to set up a torrent file through this site, and then we could all host it... would be simple, and he's done torrents before...

This is awesome, though...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

kurtmann
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  01:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey all. The DVD is nearly ready. I'm Kurt Mann, the director and editor. It's a sweet, sweet concert. all digital. Shot down and dirty, but all the love shines through.
Go to Top of Page

kurtmann
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  01:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my second message because I don't know how to use this message board. The DVD is almost ready. Another week or so. It will be worth the wait, I promise. I'm the editor and director and I've had the pleasure of cutting it together for Kevin and crew.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  10:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's sweet Kurt, thanks much for the update, I have actually been sitting in front of my monitor for the last month and a half waiting for a reply. You da man.

Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  10:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1st time posting here

I am very excited about this show and would love to set up a tree to spread this far and wide. I have run a number of trees before (some having over 120 leafs) and have a good established list of reliable branches we could use to make this run smoothly.

I know alot of people prefer the Bit Torrent route, but for the bandwidth challanged, trees work very well.

If someone that is connected with the production of this show could contact me at taylordb@cox.net about setting up a B&P for me, I can take it from there.

Thanks to everyone involved in this....this looks like an epic show!
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  11:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kurt,

Cannot wait! I check back regularly for news of the DVD ... as do many others. How do you plan to distribute it?

Thanks!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  12:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This really sounds great... thanks to everyone involved!

On a side note, isn't it great that TR and crew support this sort of thing... how many artists do you know of that would let someone come in to one of their shows and just make a dvd to distribute freely. Great stuff.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  1:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

On a side note, isn't it great that TR and crew support this sort of thing... how many artists do you know of that would let someone come in to one of their shows and just make a dvd to distribute freely. Great stuff.

This is so true. Next time I'm able to see TIM I think I will hand him a twenty or two and make sure he knows it's because he allows things like this.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  5:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TIM, YOU FUCKING ROCK. ROCK!!! AHAHHA

Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  1:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kurt,

Any closer to getting this DVD out?

Thanks man!
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  11:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kurt,

Just writing to see how progress on this DVD is going.

Three beers and cheers...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  4:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's my birthday goddamn it. Where's this DVD?

Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  05:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checking in to respectfully ask about the status of the DVD. I definitely don't want to come across as demanding or pushy on the subject...but because it has been almost 6 weeks since the last update I am wondering if it hit any snags. A quick update would be great...even if it's to say it won't be out until another year.

Thanks again to everyone that is working on this project. I'm am quite sure is is going to be worth the wait.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  08:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about the demanding thing, I'd say it's borderline on ridiculous, the least we could get is an update on what's going on, if I haven't heard by 4/29 I am gonna ask Fluffy personally.

Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  7:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Don't worry about the demanding thing, I'd say it's borderline on ridiculous, the least we could get is an update on what's going on, if I haven't heard by 4/29 I am gonna ask Fluffy personally.

Well I do worry about being demanding because I know full well that they owe us nothing and are doing us a very BIG favor.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  7:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First let me say sorry for avoiding this post, it has come up a few TIMes but as I have no NEW info to share I was just kind of avoiding it until I heard something. Given my current situation, what with the previous tour just ending on Thursday and rushing home to prepare for the TR TouR I have had no TIMe to look into the question and get an answer. I am sure one of you can click on the email links for Kevin or Tommy and see if they have any updates on the status. Thanx for the help and I am sure they will surface at some point.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  1:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll try emailing Kevin again, but he didn't respond the first time. Thanks for the heads up, Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  6:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To anyone who gives a shit about this DVD, I emailed Kevin G, this was his response.

Jared -

Thanks for the follow up - we have all been so busy here in Asheville, BUT - I am currently reviewing the fire cut of the Tim Reynolds DVD, and it is fantastic! He was really on, in great spirits that evening, and the crew took some wonderful footage - we'll finalize the DVD soon and get a copy to Fluffy and the rest of you - thanks for your patience.

Kevin

So hopefully I'll be whoring these out to all takers very soon.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome, thanks for the update JRW!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  1:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cannot wait!!!
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  9:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a great home studio rig... I'm running ProTools LE 6.4 and Final Cut Express HD.... have a degree in recording and some training in video editing... if they aren't doing anything with the tapes they might as well send them to me... I'd be willing to make something spectacular out of it... being the one person from the board who was there(other than "floppy" ;), I'm as anxious as anyone to see it....
Peace,
Patrick
--------
www.patrickorcutt.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  08:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I emailed Kevin G. again...I'll get back to y'all with a response...IF he gets back to me.

Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  10:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed him last week with no response.
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  2:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how come no one in the know is responding in the boards?

i just read this thread the first time, and its kinda hilarious seeing everyones disappointment seeping through after 10 months

and then i realized, the dvd is still not released... wtf?!
Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  7:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is disappointing, but I also know a good way to insure that we never get this is to resort to bashing and name calling. Remember that they owe us nothing. If we ever get the show, it will be because they were kind enough to share it. True, they did come on the boards and post that they were spreading it...but things do get in the way sometimes. Yes the polite thing to do would be to give everyone an update.

I guess all I'm saying is that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....and if we can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. Peace.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  6:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarisPIMP

well if you couldn't tell by my choice of words, I was kidding. Generally, when I'm pissed off, the disease that makes you grow hair all over your body doesn't pop into my head.

it is still very immature and tends to make people not want to share things with you. joking or not, things like this are uncalled for and a huge downfall for others.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

robert_nesta_marley_35903
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  6:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im going to zydco in b-ham alabama 11/3/05 this thrusday to see tim play did anyone see tim play with dave matthews on vh1 story tellers it was awsome he let it rip on ants marching
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  08:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robert_nesta_marley_35903

im going to zydco in b-ham alabama 11/3/05 this thrusday to see tim play did anyone see tim play with dave matthews on vh1 story tellers it was awsome he let it rip on ants marching

I too shall be at this show. If you haven't been to a TR show yet then I'm warning you.... your nuts will explode!

And btw... welcome aboard! It's a crazy freak show in here. You'll like it.
Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  1:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn’t telling anyone what they could or could not say. Let me clarify my position. In my opinion the best way to make sure that this show does not surface is to bash the authors and act like you are entitled to this show. This has nothing to do with hurt feelings and everything to do about respect. Tapers do not owe us anything. I have been a part of the DVD trading community long enough to know this is a fact.

If you feel that your posts here are appropriate, fine, do whatever you fucking feel like….I won’t be the one looking like a complete “deush bag”.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  2:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow people, you are greedy.

also there is a dvd trading community.

there arent as many tim dvds as compared to lets say, the grateful dead, dmb, etc. but the ones we do have are pretty damn good. i know of at least 4 dvds in the work from people that do believe in the respect system since they all come from the "other communities". i just put out 1 dvd last week and have two in the works. so there is some coming, just be patient, i dont think there is any rules on how long it is supposed to take for someone to HAVE to release something. a favor is just that, a favor.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  2:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

i was on stage when i saw him, taped it too. you guys video taping? you can buy a camcorder at walmart and 2 minidvs and tape, then return the camcorder the next day.

Hmm... which camcorder would you recommend? Just out of curiosity, I won't be doing that I think. But it's worth knowing.

i have a sony dcr-h21. i would stick with anything sony and higher model.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Gtr Opus
Is Anybody Here?

16 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  12:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sucks we were blown off on this!!!
Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am reluctant to revive this thread, but since Fluffy is now back, I was wondering if he could check up on it.
Thanks and peace!
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  10:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again, I very cordially emailed the guy who let us know about this on several occasions...weeks apart, and he wouldn't respond. So don't get your hopes up.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  8:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As many of you may know, I just moved. I will try to find the guys contact info as I unpack. Unfortunately I don't have it on-hand. I will give him a call and see what I can find out. Keep reminding me, all these kinds of things are things I want to do I just can't find the TIMe and if you don't remind me, guess what, I FORGET!! LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  1:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, No more reminders. I found Kevin's info and gave him a call. He apologized for the delay and told me how the guy who recorded the show and was gonna mix and edit the DVD left him in the lurch. He only recieved his copy of the finished DVD in Dec '05. He is sending me a copy. So now be patient and we will see if it arrives. I am sure it will as he was quite nice about it and like I said before, quite apologetic. Like us, he was waiting on someone else so what could we do. Good news is it should be here shortly.

NOW GET OFF MY BACK!!!!!! LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  04:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So after all that, now NOONE cares? LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  12:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i didnt even see the last post (regarding kevin sending you a copy in december)

now i am very happy. did you get your copy yet?

if you need help getting it spread, just let me know

joe
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  6:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Joe, last time I talked to Fluffy on IM, he said he'd give me a copy in lieu of the Hunter Thompson DVDs I am sending him, so either way, one of us will wind up with a copy.

Got the 2/16 DVD by the way, thanks a lot. Now I can learn Delicate Balance.

Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  1:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sweet

hope you enjoy it
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  3:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hell yeah, man. It's dope.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  4:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy....

I care I care!

This should be an awesome production. Besides having multiple cameras and soundboard audio, it was whisper quiet and definitely one of my favorite TR performances and setlists(out of the nine shows I've seen).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000