Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 VHS-c conversion? ...and plethora of querries...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2001 :  10:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just taped the Atlanta (11.10.01, Variety Playhouse) show last night, and I had to use a VHS-c recorder. So the show is on 4 tapes and I don't know *exactly* how to convert them to just a regular vhs tape so that they can be used more widely and traded more easily. I think I know a way to do it, but if anyone knows a very specific way that they can tell me exactly how to do, then I would appreciate it.

So Kyle, I got the tape, I used a tripod, I was front row, and the only thing my battery didn't cover was the encore. I don't have the money for another battery (and it's not even my recorder...). I was behind one of the monitors in front of Tim, so I couldn't get the pedal work, so I got pretty close in on his upper body (fingerwork) pretty good. Tripods are where it's at.

All in all, I'm very happy with the tape. The audio on it is even pretty good. When I get the ability to get it in circulation, I'll let you all know and I'll dub some copies to someone that actually has a VCR or two (I don't even have ONE!!). (So as you might imagine, transferring the tape to vhs won't be easy...)

I got Greg Howard playing One Sweet World on the Stick. I just wanted to have some of him on video. Cause that Chapman Stick is something else...

Any help from anyone out there? I'd like to get a setlist too, if anyone kept up with it. And can VHS-c tapes be "locked" so that they won't accidentally be recorded over? Let's see...anything else...

That's all I can think of for now. I'll just repost if I think of something else.

Peace, and I hope that eventually everyone gets this show.

Represent on this thread if you were at the show!!!

-Jason-

'F*** that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.'

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  2:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at this show.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  3:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Krystal, Welcome aboard, I am sure the girls will be happy to see another to balance the scales a little more. As for the setlists I will try and post them in the next couple of days. As anyone who saw me at the Atlanta show can attest, I have been extremely busy. I will probably get to them b4 you get the video transferred. So keep watching for an update. I will post a message when I send them to Jon.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000