New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kundalini69
Is Anybody Here?

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  4:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the other day I finally broke down and ordered a D-35. Although I've been playing acoustically for 11 years, I don't know anything about amps/pedals/etc. Any recommendations/suggestions for a good amp to go with the D-35? I'm more comfortable with opinions on here than some guy at the music store that just wants his commission...

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  6:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd just go to a music store and plug in and see what you like. I was in your situation with buying an electric amp recently. I went to a used music stuff shop, saw a nice Marshall about my price range, and plugged in and like it right off the bat. Try around.

I have a Fender Acoustasonic 30, and it gets the job done. Lately I've noticed some random hissing, but other than that, it's pretty crystal. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it though, you could probably get a better deal than I did.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  6:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used to have a Crate CA60-D, which I thought sounded great. It produced the most true acoustic sound from my Chet, and plugged in acoustic electrics. Crates also have a vocal channel. Crates are affordable too.

If you have the cash, go with Trace Elliot. Hands down the best acoustic amp I've played through.

Also, SWR Blondes:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/d=tp?q=swr+blond

Both also have vocal channels, and very good acoustic soundsfrom plugged in acoustic electrics.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  11:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Both the Fender Acoustasonics and SWR amps are great for acoustics. The only real issue is what features you want when picking between those models.
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  01:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I got an Acoustasonic with all sorts of extra (in the sense they are superfluous to me) features which I probably could have not gotten if I looked around more. I certainly did not have a need for a chorus feature, or a reverb knob (that doesn't give that much reverb in my opinion), nor do I now. All I needed were Master Volume, Bass, Mid, and Treble knobs. I'm coming off kind of negative on this amp, but I must admit that I still love it and don't see myself buying another acoustic amp for a long ass time (unless this one dies).
Go to Top of Page

mattc
Try A Little Harder

67 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  2:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have an acoustisonic Jr, and i love it. my only complaint is that it has no Line Out. Which didnt really matter to me at the time, but now it kind of pisses me off. kind of wish i had an SWR now because of that. but both series of amps sound great imo if you have a good guitar and pickup system.

-matt
critchlm@uci.edu
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  12:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
get a marshall acoustic amp...whichever one of those to your preference. You will not go wrong with them.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  4:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've never tried Marshall's acoustic amps. If they're half as good as the electrics you wont be disappointed.

Adam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000