Dissident and Is Anybody Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  5:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
omfg.....what key are these both in, and what is the chord names...? anyone know? if so, teach me, oh wise one!

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  10:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dissident is not in any one key. The chords in the song are chosen for their dissonant notes and clusters in voicings (notes major or minor 2nds, i.e. 1 or 2 frets apart). Dissident is almost an atonal piece as it has no real home key or sound.

Is Anybody Here is a bit more on the tonal side, but again it floats between a number of sounds, and not any one particular key. The chords are mostly Am and Em, with some A major and E major chords thrown in, and also some added color tones that don't belong normally with the chords. Again, the sounds in this song are chosen for their sound, and not because they are from a specific key.
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  2:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
interesting....

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  5:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the improv in Is Anybody Here, I'd say the key is Ab minor (B major).
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  6:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Poparad
Is Anybody Here is a bit more on the tonal side, but again it floats between a number of sounds, and not any one particular key. The chords are mostly Am and Em, with some A major and E major chords thrown in, and also some added color tones that don't belong normally with the chords. Again, the sounds in this song are chosen for their sound, and not because they are from a specific key.

sounds like it goes from a minor to a major.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000