Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Micheal Sokolowski's "Monday"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2001 :  9:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know what the hell took me so long, but I finally ordered Mike's new cd, "Monday" and it came in the mail yesterday. Let me tell ya, it is a very nice disc! After only one listen I am hooked. I'm not even a big fan of piano, but the playing is so amazing, and relaxing. The artwork on the cd and inserts is pretty cool too. I definitely recomend getting this disc. I hope to able to see Michael play live sometime soon as well. He mentioned a possible gig in Los Angeles. (Mike, you out there? any new news???)

On a related note, I'm really looking forward to the new SOKO cd which should be out in the near future.

peace.

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2001 :  9:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sweet. i almost picked it up at the offering show, but i needed to purchase two offering discs instead (i wanted to give on to my girlfriend signed by tim ). I liked his style, i definiately want to check it out.

Erich w/ an h
Go to Top of Page

ms
Is Anybody Here?

19 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2001 :  10:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit ms's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for listening and digging, Kevin. The Steinway on that record is enough to make anyone like the instrument! I'm still working on a solo piano tour of CA. It's a pain in the #@* to organize...

I'm working on the Soko record as we speak (spinning a rough mix of a tune right now). The same piano is featured, as well is a great guitarist, John Zias, from Long Island. Another great guitarist (from the Southwest) will add his voice to the song I'm listening to now, after his upcoming tour is over. ;) The sonics and vibe of the new record will be bigger, tastier, and smoother than the first album. More groove-oriented. And Houston Ross/Johnny Gilmore fans, watch out.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2001 :  5:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, great to hear Mike . Im definatly going to round out some more of my collection with your music, its definatly of the more intelligent out there.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2001 :  8:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Mike, I'm literally drewling over that info about the new SOKO disc... especially the comment about Ross/Gilmore (as I am huge fans of theirs).

Please keep me posted on the CA tour.

peace!

Go to Top of Page

will
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2001 :  10:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, let Houston and Johnny know that the thronging hoard of the TR message board is awaitng they're return. I'm convinced that the laser in my CD player is gonna burn through my Puke Matrix cd from extended listening. Kevin, I share your drool.

"This guitar is called sister. This guitar is called brother. I'm the bus driver and we're comin' home from school."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000