Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Nine Naked Men Just Walking Down the Road.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  8:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://zed.cbc.ca/go.ZeD?CONTENT_ID=2365&mediaSize=double&page=media-viewer

Pretty funny.

WARNING: Contains nudity... male nudity.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  9:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hilarious!!!! Finally naked men! LOL

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  11:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
there goes my sexual security. thanks a fucking lot.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  06:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know what was funnier, the clip of nine....er ten naked men, or Dan's comment!

Dan, sometimes you really crack me up! LOL

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  12:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I tried it and it didnt work. Darn.

BTW, i'm in Oberammergau Germany on a long weekend with John. We have toured three palaces, climbed to a castle ruin, and ridden to the top of Zugspitze (tall peak on the border of Germany and Austria).

WAY COOL.

teri :)

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  2:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what was the castle like?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Oozle
Chatterbox

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  4:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Oozle an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

Were there naked men?

ren :)
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  08:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It was very old and overgrown with weeds and stuff. But very cool, and fun to climb around on. We did the portion in the lower left of the photo. We only had 45 minutes to look around, so we didn't attempt the climb to the very top. But that gives us a reason to go back again later! (http://www.ehrenberg.at/en/)

Rick Steves, who has (had?) a travel show on PBS says its a great place to go, but we found it all by ourselves!

The Ehrenberg Ensemble
By Rick Steves

"For years one of my favorite medieval experiences was to hike to the desolate and solitary ruins of Austria’s Ehrenberg, just over the border from Germany’s wildly popular “Disney castle” of Neuschwanstein.

Recently Ehrenberg has been the focus of a thrilling project, spearheaded by Armin Walch and funded in part by the European Union. Walch—the Indiana Jones of Tirolian archaeologists—is excavating an “ensemble” of four castles. Once the largest complex in the region, its purpose was to defend Tirol against Bavaria and northern Europe.

The “toll fort” on the valley floor—which levied duties along the ancient Via Claudia in Roman times—is flanked by Ehrenberg and a sister castle (Fort Claudia) on the opposite side. After locals rained cannon balls on Ehrenburg from the bluff above it, a much bigger castle was built higher up. Over the centuries it became completely overgrown and concealed. Today the trees have been shaved away, the ruin has been excavated, and it’s once again visible.

This is part of a huge project to create a European Castle Museum, showing off 500 years of military architecture in one sweep. The museum, which should be great for castle-lovers, will open in 2004. The European Union has stepped in to help fund the project because it promotes the heritage of a region (Tirol) rather than a nation. The EU’s vision for Europe’s future is to help create a continent of “regions” rather than nations."

teri
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  12:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tericee it's funny you should mention Rick Steves since I'm pretty sure that was the guy who's travel show I was watching last night. I think it was called Rick Steves travels Europe.

BTW have you been to that "Disney castle" or any of the other super crazy castles that guy built. I remember learning some things about those castles that were built in German class in HS but I don't remember the guy who was responsible for building them's name. As I recall he basically went bankrupt builiding these super crazy castles.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  2:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick Steeves is the devil.

Oberammergau is where every ten years they have the Passionspiel where they do this big play about the last days of Jesus. The city's definitely on my list of places in Germany.

And Zach the guy was King Ludwig, of Bavaria, the second I believe (might be the third). The Disney castle is called: Neuschwanstein. He built a shit load of castles and then had this mysterious death. No one knows how he actually died.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  3:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arthen is exactly right. He was Ludwig the Second. He built three castles, two of which were modelled after French ones (like Versailles) and the third of which was Neuschwanstein.

John and I were driving to Neuschwanstein and Hohen Schwangau (where Ludwig grew up) when we saw the castle ruins from the car. We decided if we had time we would check it out on the way back. That's why it was so late when we climbed up there.

The other castle we toured was Schloss Linderhoff, which is nearer to Oberammergau, where the Passion Play will be performed again in 2010. We didn't realize we could have toured the play house until it was too late. (Maybe because we were too busy using the Internet cafe!)

teri
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  5:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
castles ought to make a comeback. fuck mansions. castles is where it's at now.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  04:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's a great idea! I'm off to the wish forum...
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  11:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

castles ought to make a comeback. fuck mansions. castles is where it's at now.

That's of a castle here in portland that was just up for sale. The asking price was $848,000. I guees it has a working drawbridge and mote. I was actually surprised how many castles there was in the US. http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  12:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
damn right.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  02:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

[quote]I was actually surprised how many castles there was in the US. http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/

Way cool. I'm going to start saving now in case any more castles go on sale...

teri
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd rather just build my own and have my own secret passages and chambers and I would have it all ready for for a seige. I'd also have to live somewhere where I could put gators in the mote.

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  9:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i built a castle once...on a swamp. it sank. so i built another one. it sank into the swamp. then i built the third castle. it burnt down fell over and then sank in to the swamp. so i wrote it off as a loss and stuck a double wide trailer on there

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  9:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome back, Captain!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  9:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
for the love of monty python

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000