New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  4:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm going home for the weekend, then onto San Francisco Sunday for the DMB concert. I'm sure others from the board will be there, and I'd say lets meet up, but in the midst of 80,000 that might be hard. So, everyone that goes have a good time and lets hope the show is a good one!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  5:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not such a bad idea. I live a few blocks away from Golden Gate park. Is anyone else going?

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  6:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wake up. play bass. listen to a preacher say my life is evil. grab lunch. go the to concert... it's gonna be a great day

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  1:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My hubby and I are going...Anyone want to meet up for a roast before-hand?

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  1:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a really good concert. A lot better than the Central Park one in my opinion. The only problem is when I vomitted when they brought on Carlos Santanna, who's guitar style can only be described as "Shrieking of the Damned".

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  2:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote

!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was really awesome. Santana was awesome in it too. Great concert.

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  3:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

It was a really good concert. A lot better than the Central Park one in my opinion. The only problem is when I vomitted when they brought on Carlos Santanna, who's guitar style can only be described as "Shrieking of the Damned".

I wonder what Tim thinks of Santana. I'd guess something along the lines of "not my style". I know they've played together at least once, and I'm sure he has at least some respect for the man, but I'd have to agree that he's very overrated.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  6:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Santana's old stuff was great. But his time has passed. Now he just makes albums with mostly bad pop stars, and then he can't tour because all the songs are with different people, so he just sits at home. If he toured with an act that was similiar to his old 60's/70's stuff, I'd consider going.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  12:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But Santana can play the shit out of that E minor pentatonic scale....which he uses for every song...

Adam
Go to Top of Page

filmdude100cms
Is Anybody Here?

40 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  12:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macht

!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was really awesome. Santana was awesome in it too. Great concert.

i hate you macht,
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  5:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember when I first heard Santana, and it was his older stuff. I thought it was some cool shit. So I got a couple records and I liked them in fact I still do even though they don't make it to the turntable hardly ever. This was a few years back. Then I heard this stuff he was putting out not long after I first really listened to him conciously and I thought it sucked.

One of my friends is obsessed with this song he does with dave and I pretty much don't care for it one way or the other. The thing with santana is his music was reaching for something but it never really grabbed it. His older more rythmically driven stuff with all the cool organ stuff was cool and then add some of his guitar work and it seemed to work. He just never continued on and did anything else he just left it there and now has been relegated to being the guy that performs at ever music award show but never by himself. Always with someone else. So I'm not very high on him at all.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Was anyone else surprised at how quiet the crowd was? I figured with 50,000 people they would have made some noise (at least for the encore).

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  4:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I blame it on being both drunk and in the sun. That can instantly wear a crowd out. And I thought there was about 80 thousand there. Did they ever post a total of how many people came?

And did anyone else get sunburned?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  5:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I blame it on being both drunk and in the sun. That can instantly wear a crowd out. And I thought there was about 80 thousand there. Did they ever post a total of how many people came?

And did anyone else get sunburned?

I looked like Dr. Zoidberg come Monday.

Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  6:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
80,000 +people

was sunburned like for 3 days

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  6:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zoidberg! Hilarious.

My face got burned, but that was it. It's still peeling, but it's going away.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000