New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  03:56:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I logged onto the internet, dealt with my slow computer loading times, and eventually opened up the homepage here, and I saw that Jon had made a news update and a tour update. I scanned through the dates real quick, saw San Fran and got excited. Then I read through it carefully and I screamed. Literally. I screamed outloud and my heart was filled with song and joy, for the first time in many months. Why? Because August 21st, Tim Reynolds is coming to Chico, CA. Who cares about Chico, you ask. Well, no one, but that's where I go to school and I can walk to the venue that Tim is playing at.

I normally don't believe in karma, because I meet a lot of bad people who go unpunished, but this time I do. Fall 2001, I drove from Sacramento, CA to Eugene, OR, to see Tim. It was a seven hour drive, but it was worth it, because I stood three feet away the whole time. Now, it's payback, and instead of a seven hour drive, it's a seven minute drive. Hallelujah.

This is better than when I first started going to Chico and found out that the Flecktones were going to be playing there in a month.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  04:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yay for you! Congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  08:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am happy for you Arthen!(doing the happy dance!!!) You certainly deserve this opportunity!

Now remember, we need a full review after the show!hehehehehe

I know after I hear TIM, or any great band/musician, I get a musical high afterwards. What a rush! Here is wishing you the biggest musical rush ever! Enjoy it for those of us who won't be seeing TIM any time soon!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  1:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be taking a piece of paper and a pen so I can write down the setlist.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  1:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Fall 2001, I drove from Sacramento, CA to Eugene, OR, to see Tim. It was a seven hour drive, but it was worth it, because I stood three feet away the whole time.

No copies of that show ever circulated did they? Which is lame cause I was on the seats ride by the sound board and I saw at least one guy plugged into the soundboard recording. Maybe someday it will get liberated.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  1:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim needs to come to the MidWest again.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  2:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say he needs to come to Oregon again (and he does) but I would just sound spoiled. I got to see him twice in a week only like a month or two ago.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  2:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
in many ancient hindu traditions, karmis consequences are only felt in the next lifetime. therefore, those bad people that you know still stand a chance of turning into hamsters in 45 years.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  5:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
.... age limit... man i was so excited... :((((((((((((((((

i'm so so sad...

the one right before santa barbara and the one right after san fran are all ages...

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  05:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Macht, if you can, try to make the three hour drive to Chico. It's a Saturday!

And as for those bastards out there, hamsters are way to good for them! Most hamsters I encounter live in warm habitats get lots of food and do nothing. That's a dream life.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  08:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
My faith has been re-established.

Arthen, Arthen, Arthen. What do I always say?

Peace & KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  11:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Macht, if you can, try to make the three hour drive to Chico. It's a Saturday!

yeah I might. Might also go down to San Juan Capistrano with my cousin.

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  3:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, you wise and eminent sage, how could I have forgotten?

Are there any new posters available for purchase this tour?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  04:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not that I am aware of. TR has not mentioned it. As most of his cash is tied up in the studio finishing this CD I would assume that there will be no new poster for this run of dates. I am sure that once the new CD comes out and we are actually out supporting that CD there will be a poster for those TouR dates. Keep in mind, this isn't really a full-fledged tour. It's only about 9 or 10 shows so the expense of printing up new posters and the work that goes into the putting it together just isn't financially feasible. So you know, we do have plenty of Equilibrium TouR posters left and I will be bringing those along on the TouR. My guess is that Lisa(TR's publicity person)will be using those as well to send to the clubs for advertising. I have not discussed any of this with TR, so if something different comes up, like a new poster, don't be to hard on me LOL. It has not been discussed and as busy as TR is I doubt there would be TIMe to get one together and printed at this late date. So I predict no new poster. GEEEEEZ, am I rambling or what. I guess I could have just said.........

No, there will be no new poster! LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  09:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
String Cheese Incident is playing in Chico too (or has that happened already?). I saw them a week or so ago at Red Rocks with the Allman Brothers Band and Chris Robinson and his new outfit. It was AWESOME. Arthen, deffinitly try to catch them in Chico.
Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  12:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
'ey, chico! wus' going on, man!!

sorry. i had to.

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  02:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SCI played in Chico a few days ago, then there was a huge afterparty with Hot Buttered Rum String Band a great band from the Bay Area. Unfortunately, I haven't been in Chico since May. But, I go back the 31st of this month.

An Equilibrium poster would be fantastic Fluffy! Any kind of merchandise I can get to decorate my walls and show off my fanataicism to all my friends, is great. I definitely look forward to meeting you this time around!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  03:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And I as well!!!! You should try and make the trip to Winters as well. See the post about Ben Lomond for more info.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000