Primus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  01:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen a concert since April when I saw Leo Kottke...Next Friday, I'm seeing Primus...I can't wait! My dad, who usually takes me to concerts, gets to sit out of this one...So this is my first...uh...un-supervised...show...So you know what I'll be doing (before, during, and after the fact). Interestingly enough, my dad loves Primus. And so does Leo Kottke. It is a strange world, aye. It is.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."

SandyCarl
Try A Little Harder

81 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  08:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leo Kottke loves Primus?
Go to Top of Page

Jess
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  2:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Jess an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw them when they were in Austin 2004.02.29... awesome show!

...the last show that I'd seen at that venue was the Willie and Friends gig with TIM...

~J
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  7:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jess, interestingly enough, my friend's sister who is taking us to the show...is named...Jesse...And yes, Leo Kottke loves Primus, I read that somewhere and have also heard him say something about them in a radio interview...I guess he likes "Frizzle Fry." Pretty cool stuff...I'm excited as hell...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  11:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't like the band, but enjoy yourself at the show :)

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2004 :  12:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see them on this tour as well, but have a gig that night.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

La Mer De Noms
Try A Little Harder

66 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  9:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Send La Mer De Noms an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Jude

I would like to see them on this tour as well, but have a gig that night.

when's that?

Well that is that and this is this.
Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,when the ocean met the sky.
You missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.
When the earth folded on itself.
And said "Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2004 :  1:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
God damn,one of the best shows I've ever seen...I've never seen that much energy at a concert before...Plus getting to watch lake freightors (my second favorite thing in the world) go by during the show was cool...Too Many Puppies was very cool, with images of soldiers being projected onto big, white balloons behind the band...At intermission, they were playing an old 1960's anti-marijuana film, it was hysterical considering what the dread-locked man next to me gave me..."here man, help me out...keep it down..." Hahaha! Security was rediculous, though, they patted everyone down before they took tickets, it pissed me off...But the band was definately ON all night, god damn...I suggest everyone see them if they get a chance, it is definately worth it...Also, there was a suprisingly high number of kids younger than myself there, with parents...I can only imagine, "No, dad, Les doesn't do drugs, none of them do...they're just...stupid..." But they all seemed to have a good time, everyone did...There was a giant Hispanic man next to me, long hair, big beard, his name was Pablo...he nearly jumped on me several times...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000