TR in California with Dave & Friends
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DMBFanSJ
Try A Little Harder

78 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  1:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I attended all 3 california shows...and all I can say is TIM IS GOD. I had heard that Trey was really leading the band and standing out more prior to seeing a show for myself, but after having seen 3 of them I have to say that Tim stole the show for myself and others that I spoke to. On acoustic he was incredible each night...but he was equally good on electric, really tearing it up each time the band gave him a chance to solo. The whole playing with his teeth thing? The guy plays better with his mouth than I'll ever play with my hands!

For last night's show, the final show of the tour, I was fortunate enough to sit 11th row right in front of Tim, and it was an experience I will never forget. Tim, thank you so much for making this tour a memorable one for me...three nights I will never forget. I didn't think that I could love Tim any more than I did prior to these shows, but I was wrong. THANK YOU TIM!!!!

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  1:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely... I know how ya feel man. I was at the Los Angeles show and you are so right about Tim tearing it up. He had simply mind blowing acoustic solos during Crush, Typical Situations, and Dancing Nancies... but for me the best was during the last song of the encore... the Sly and the Family Stone song "Thank You" which had to be like a 30 minute version. Trey was playing drums along with the other drummer, so Tim's guitar was turned WAY up in both channels. During his like 10 minute solo he went down to his knees and then started playing with his teeth. The crowd went NUTS! The rest of the song he was jamming out with the whammy bar on his new guitar. It really was a very special night for me. I'd never seen Dave and TR together before, so when they came out at first for the acoustic set I was really taken over by emotion. Another great moment came when Dave was singing Dancing Nancies and he changed the lyrics at the beginning to "I thank god that Tim is here next to me because I fall a little short of him" LOL and ya gotta love the fact that Tim was up there in shorts, a tank top, and sunglasses in the middle of January. What a rock star!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000