01/03/04 Kucinich Benefit Austin Music Hall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  3:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The info has been provided elsewhere on the message board, BUT I wanted to make sure everyone sees the info before it's too late and I wanted to have the info in the subject line. Thanx to Lindalu for posting the info so quick and you can check out her post for more info:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4532

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  4:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In case you aren't on the email list, here is a copy of post to the email list:

Hello Everyone, The Kucinich Benefit in Austin is shaping up quite
nicely. As expected, details of performances are still a little
sketchy so we will be playing it by ear. The GOOD NEWS, the whole
thing will be webcast live at www.kucinich.us and will include live
interviews throughout from Kucinich and from celebrity supporters in
the audience. Be watching at 8 p.m. Central Time on Jan. 3rd. So all
of you with internet connections(which is all of you since you are
reading this HEHE)will be able to enjoy TR's performance or
performances and all the festivities and performances by all the
great artists on the bill. So check it out tomorrow nite!! What
follows is a portion of the latest email I recieved from the Kucinich
campaign.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy Centner
TR Productions
TimReynolds.com

WILLIE NELSON'S NEW SONG

Willie Nelson, who has endorsed Dennis Kucinich for President, and
who will lead a fundraising concert for Kucinich's campaign in
Austin, Texas, on Jan. 3, 2004, wrote a new song on Christmas that he
will perform in public for the first time at the Austin concert. The
lyrics have not been released before now:

What Ever Happened To Peace On Earth

There's so many things going on in the world
Babies dying
Mothers crying
How much oil is one human life worth
And what ever happened to peace on earth

We believe everything that they tell us
They're gonna' kill us
So we gotta' kill them first
But I remember a commandment
Thou shall not kill
How much is that soldier's life worth
And whatever happened to peace on earth

(Bridge)
And the bewildered herd is still believing
Everything we've been told from our birth
Hell they won't lie to me
Not on my own damn TV
But how much is a liars word worth

So I guess it's just
Do unto others before they do it to you
Let's just kill em' all and let God sort em' out
Is this what God wants us to do

(Repeat Bridge)
Not on my own damn TV

Now you probably won't hear this on your radio
Probably not on your local TV
But if there's a time, and if you're ever so inclined
You can always hear it from me
How much is one picker's word worth

But don't confuse caring for weakness
You can't put that label on me
The truth is my weapon of mass protection
And I believe truth sets you free

(Bridge)
Not on my own damn TV

Dennis has planned various events in Austin, Texas, January 2nd and
3rd, including a fundraising concert at the Austin Music Hall with
Kucinich Endorsers Willie Nelson, Tim Reynolds, Michelle Shocked, and
the Doobie Brothers' Pat Simmons, along with Jim Hightower, Bonnie
Raitt, Tish Hinojosa, and Michael McDonald. Following the show there
will be an artist's reception at La Zona Rosa, 4th St. and Rio Grande.

LIVE WEBCAST: The concert will be webcast live at www.kucinich.us and
will include live interviews throughout from Kucinich and from
celebrity supporters in the audience. Be watching at 8 p.m. Central
Time on Jan. 3rd.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  4:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damnit i wish i was back at college with a fast connection so i could watch this!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  7:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got confirmation moments ago, TR's set will be at 8:05pm CST. So don't be late!!! Hope everyone gets to check it out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  7:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow awesome

i was sitting here like, ITS NOT ON!? but I am in eastern time zone so i gues sthat means 9pm for me...

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  9:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL you weren't the only one that made that mistake rubylith!

TIM was awesome! Just wish the webcast had been better, I kept losing the sound and someTIMes the picture too! Oh well!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  11:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I was really digging indoctrinate and then it cut out like 1/2 way through. Then I got it back half way through the next song. The Marley cover was sweet. This is the first time I've heard TIM sing with an acoustic guitar. Hopefully someone recorded a good version of this or it will be available for download sometime from either Kucinich's site or somewhere. Anyway It was awesome especially when the guy came up after he was done and he was like "that guy was good"! Definitally would love to see it again without, the cutout on indoctrinate.

Go to Top of Page

Jess
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  10:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Jess an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Setlist (I think this is correct... somebody tell me if I'm wrong)
Tim's Solo Set
Space Monkey Diary ->
Indoctrinate
Stranger in a Strained Land
Natural Mystic
Kundalini Bonfire

All Guests Finale (Tim sang)
This Little Light of Mine
I'll Fly Away
May the Circle Be Unbroken

~J
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  10:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Jess, thanks! I honestly couldn't make out all of the songs because the webcast kept losing the sound! What I did get to hear was amazing. I would have stayed on for the whole concert but with the sound cutting out every few minutes it was a bit frustrating so I turned it off after TIM's solo.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jess
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  10:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Jess an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Just WOW!
TIM is so amazing... I knew this already, but finally getting to see him live was incredible. I've never heard a concert where he sings so much - he looked like he was really having fun! I posted the setlist above (which, again, I hope is right...) - I only wish he could've played longer! Hopefully TIM will return to Texas sometime soon - if not, I'm definitely TRavelling!

After the show, I was TRying to get Fluffy's attention to thank him for all he does, but I wasn't loud enough... My aunt got TIM's attention, though, so I now have a signed show poster... I'm really glad that I got a chance to thank TIM for his music - it really means so much to me!

Hopefully somebody captured the stream because TheRe weren't any TapeRs there that I saw - I'm sure somebody might've gotten it...

~J
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  6:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jess

Hopefully somebody captured the stream because TheRe weren't any TapeRs there that I saw - I'm sure somebody might've gotten it...

I've got my fingers crossed!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  02:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jess, I'm so happy for you getting to see that show. Were Indoctrinate and Natural Mystic acoustic or electric? I really hope this got captured as well... I was hoping to have heard some word today, but no luck thus far.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Jess
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  1:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Jess an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Jess, I'm so happy for you getting to see that show. Were Indoctrinate and Natural Mystic acoustic or electric? I really hope this got captured as well... I was hoping to have heard some word today, but no luck thus far.

TIM's entire set was acoustic - the whole evening was supposed to be acoustic, but Bonnie Rait and the guys from the Doobie Bros. played electric... :)

~J
Go to Top of Page

will
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone record this show?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  01:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First let me apologize to Jess, sorry I missed meeting you, but I am glad you enjoyed it and got to meet TR. AS for recording, noone recorded the show. It was discussed AFTER the show how they(the Kucinich people) wished they had recorded it. Diane and I told them we could have gotten Mason and a crew to come and record the whole show and DVD it for Kucinich. They wished they had thought of it earlier. You will be happy to know that I recorded TR's set with his brand new digital video camera, but only TR's set. I shot the first song from the side of the stage and the rest from the 2nd row right in front of TR. Don't know how the sound came out on it as I didn't ever get to watch what I shot, but hopefully at some point I can get a copy of it from TR.

As for the setlist, you were pretty on the money Jess, here is what TR had written down:

SPACE
Indoctrinate
Y.A.M.S.
Natural Mystic
Kundalini Bonfire

The whole evening was MAGICAL, what a great energy in that room from audience to staff to performers and of course KUCINICH. TR said it was the most fun he had every had onstage. The energy, reason, and purpose of the evening may have helped to TR's incredible feeling for this particualar evening. The most beautiful part of the evening for me was the last 10 mins of the show with everyone out on the stage together. TR, at first, looked like he might feel a little out of place but he looked like he was having the greatest time and then the energy just sort of brought him to the mic and he and Willie had one of those magical moments together onstage where they were just "in the groove", as one. They sang those last songs together and as Willie finished the last line the band went into the big finale and TR just started doing the most soulful "ohhhs" and "ohhhing" to the bands big windup. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen TR do onstage. It was so out of character for him which is why it may have caught me so offguard but he looked like he was having the greatest TIMe ever. It was Willie and TR at the mics up front and everyone else behind them clapping and dancing. It was a beautiful thing. It was made even nicer as I realized the last notes we heard that evening were TR "oohing" like I have heard noone "ooh" since Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It was truly spectacular. Like an idiot, I had not thought to grab the video camera for the JAM and I really regret it now. Hopefully someone captured it off the web. I would hate to think that that final performance of the evening was lost forever and will only live on in my memory and the memory of the folks who witnessed it. We had a great TIMe in Austin and it only strengthened our support for Kucinich. What a great bunch of people he has surrounding him. GREAT people!!! TR, Diane & I went to the dinner the nite before and were surprised to see an old friend of ours there performing, Libby Kirkpatrick. She opened some shows for TR on a recent tour. Turns out she lives in Austin and is also a big peace advocate and supporter of Kucinich. They couldn't get her on the big show bill as they had already had so many voluteers the sets had all been cut to accommodate all the performers. She did get to perform earlier on Sat at the Peace Rally on the steps of the TX Capital Building that we attended before heading over to the Austin Music Hall. All in all, it was a great trip, and incredible 2 days and some of the most inspiring days of recent memory.

AS to Kevin's question, everything TR played was acoustic that evening. A quick sidenote to that, Indoctrinate has been played solo acoustic by TR once before. You may remember, it has been talked about, at the ill-fated Iowa City show with the really rude audience. That nite TR did the angriest version imaginable. The version at the Austin Music Hall was the complete other end of the spectrum. I would have never believed that song could be delivered so beautifully, acoustic. Just goes to show, that the mindset of the performer has alot to do with the delivery of a song. I almost didn't recognize it, he sang it with courage and conviction, yet it was a beautiful acoustic rendition of a hard rocking electric song. It also showed me once again just how versatile and amazing TR is(not that it was ever in doubt around here LOL).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  01:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh...I hope someone indeed caught the "stream."

Space Monkey rules! I had thought I would never see it played again.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Jess
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  7:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Jess an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

First let me apologize to Jess, sorry I missed meeting you, but I am glad you enjoyed it and got to meet TR.[/br]

It's all good! I'm sure I'll have the opportunity at another show someday...

quote:
Y.A.M.S.

AHA! For some reason, I always get those two confused! When we got back in the truck after the show, Stranger from D&T at Boone was playing, so I bet that messed me up even more...

quote:
It was Willie and TR at the mics up front and everyone else behind them clapping and dancing. It was a beautiful thing. It was made even nicer as I realized the last notes we heard that evening were TR "oohing" like I have heard noone "ooh" since Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It was truly spectacular.

Hearing that closing gave me chills... It was soooo awesome! Michelle (Shocked) shared with me after the show that the night had been "like the old days", something I wish I had been there for too!

quote:
Hopefully someone captured [the finale] off the web.

unfortunately, I don't know that this would've been on the webcast - the hours of the webcast were 8 - 10, and the show went until 11... the cameras were still rolling, though, so we can always hope!

quote:
The version at the Austin Music Hall was the complete other end of the spectrum. I would have never believed that song could be delivered so beautifully, acoustic.

It was absolutely spectacular! I just sat there in awe of the feeling of conviction and truth that TIM gave off with his voice...

~J
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  2:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im sure someone got it. anyway, im glad the solo set was gotten at least.

Fluffster - you guys should invest in a DAT player and archive tims shows again. My orders, c/o everyone.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  5:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really hope someone got this, but I'm losing hope as no one has responded with a yes yet. I know Fluffy got it on video, but I was hoping some one captured the stream. I'd really love to see this again. In fact I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else. I even worked out my own version of Natural Mystic.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  5:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about looking for some Willie Nelson message boards... maybe someone over on that side captured the stream.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  10:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe that's what I need to do. Expand my search beyond our meesage boards. Well it's worth a try.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  02:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost forgot to say...

Glad to see ya posting Fluffy! Glad to hear that the time in TX was well spent.

Hope to see you this Spring!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000