Help with FTP site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

henryhc
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  10:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Send henryhc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I cannot get the tim reynolds FTP site to load with my browser. I use IE. Whenever I click on the link it just says "site cannot be found". Anyone else having this problem?

I would really really like to be able to view the videos as I am a huge fan, so any help you guys can give me would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  11:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to the taping/trading section of the board. Talk to prsmartin! All I can tell you is that you have to use an FTP client. I use Filezilla myself, it's free, and works great!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  11:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
make sure the ftp thing is online first, too.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

henryhc
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2003 :  01:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Send henryhc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Having more problems. Downloaded a couple Tim shows in .shn format. Also downloaded the mkw converter which is supposed to work and I set it up correctly and everything , but it wont let me drag files to it. The directories are set up. But it still wont let me drag my .shn files to it. Also when I run the m5 check or whatever that came with the download it says it cannot find the checksums for all the files in some weird temporary directory.

Getting all these snags ! All I want to do is hear Tim

Please help

Thanks,
Henry
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2003 :  02:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what do you mean it wont let you drag your files into it? is it an error message? be as specific as you can.

And the MD5 files need to be in the same directory as the shns. Whats the error its giving you when you click on them?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

henryhc
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2003 :  12:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Send henryhc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I wasn't specific.

I figured out the problem though. I wasnt unzipping the folders, I was trying to run the md5 program from the zipped folder and drag from the zipped folder.

Wow do I feel retarded :)

Thanks for the help though,

Henry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000