9/17/03 Hard Rock Pittsburgh, PA DVD Complete
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay Martin
Is Anybody Here?

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  9:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay Martin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just finished coonverting my tape from this show. Overall, it is pretty good, but the tape suffers a bit from the fact that my camcorder isnt the best for low light conditions and has some pixelation when there is rapid movement. Additonally, the soundboard's CD burner was on the fritz so that there isnt a audio specific tape from this show to my knowledge. At some point in the future, we may try to make a 2 cam mix that would use the best of my tape and Erich's tape (his camcorder is better than mine ). But for now it should help share what was for me a great experience. Fluffy, if you want a copy drop me a line and I will get you one. I will begin taking BnPs for shortly. Here is the text file for those that are interested:

Tim Reynolds
Hard Rock Café
Pittsburgh, PA
9/17/03

Taper: cjmartin315
Source: Sharp Mini DV->Firewire->Premiere->AVI->TMPenc->Encore
Audio: Camcorder Audio
Conversion: cjmartin315

Tracklisting:
Flourescence
Stranger in a Strained Land
Improv Jam
Soul Love (1)
Impermanence
Offspring->
Big Blast of Hot Air
Do It Yourself
Dreaming
From This World
They’re Coming Soon
Backdoor
Uncover the Reason
Indoctrinate
Industrial
Time to Go
Face Off
After the Goldrush-> (2)
Ohio (2)
Excerpt from “Earth Ascending” (3)
Red Rain (4)

(1) David Bowie Cover
(2) CSNY/Neil Young Cover
(3) Book by Jose Arguellas
(4) Peter Gabriel Cover

Notes: This was the first show I recorded, and my camcorder wasn’t the best. The lighting was poor and some pixilation is evident when there is significant movement. The house CD burner was broken so a really good audio recording doesn’t exist. The venue was really small (300 people or so) and Tim’s ability was really impressive. Thanks to Erich for the help tracking this, and to Ethan and his work for motivating me to give it a shot.

Take it easy,
Jay

mattc
Try A Little Harder

67 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  02:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
definitely interested. Looks like a great show. I love that goldrush->ohio. and red rain sounds cool from the mp3. actually, the whole show looks sweet! Thanks for making this :)

matt
critchlm@uci.edu

-matt
critchlm@uci.edu
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  02:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap, Matt, I just saw your email address, do you go to UCI? If so, I do too, we have two ANTEATERS representing on the boards!!!

Jay- Thanks so much for posyting this, I would definately be interested in a copy as well. My TR page can be found on the links section off the main page, it lists most of the shows I have hard copies of.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Jay Martin
Is Anybody Here?

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  08:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay Martin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mattc

definitely interested. Looks like a great show. I love that goldrush->ohio. and red rain sounds cool from the mp3. actually, the whole show looks sweet! Thanks for making this :)

matt
critchlm@uci.edu

Matt,

The mp3 that is circulating is actually from my cam. It was a cool show, I was really glad I made the trip.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

ImLost@Sea
Is Anybody Here?

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  12:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit ImLost@Sea's Homepage  Send ImLost@Sea an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap! I'm definitely interested, and if you're taking some BnP requests, I'll put mine in now! Thanks a million man, I appreciate the effort that goes into getting Tim out there for all to enjoy. Peace

Indoctrinate the stream of radar contact around the kundalini bonfire, and then they were free.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  03:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
found it! the improv jam is titled "Radio Sonic Synthesis"

and thanks for the effort, Jay, its appreciated :)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000