New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  10:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm planning to make it to the Philadelphia show, 12/15.

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  11:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll see yall in the Chi! Hells yeah!

Although a Monday is going to be hectic, I can leave early from work or something. Provided that I actually land tickets...there is that piece too...I got a couple tricks up my sleeve though...

Yay!

Katchoo

Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  12:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katchoo, I'm a member of the Warehouse (for ticketing purposes only, of course :), pre-sale starts Thursday, if I can help you out, I will. E-mail me at krystaltn@hotmail.com if you are interested.
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  2:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am planning on being at the January 15th show at Staples Center. Perhaps us SoCal people can organize a TIM fan meet or something?

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  2:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

quote:
am planning on being at the January 15th show at Staples Center. Perhaps us SoCal people can organize a TIM fan meet or something?

count me in surfer X

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  3:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
we'll see how many i can get to

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  3:04:59 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mind posting the dates, venues?

Tom

Not going anywhere for a while? Get a Sherpa.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  3:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fri, December 12 / Bryce Jordan Center / University Park, PA
Sat, December 13 / Dunkin' Donuts Center / Providence, RI
Mon, December 15 / Wachovia Center / Philadelphia, PA
Tue, December 16 / Fleet Center / Boston, MA
Wed, December 17 / Madison Square Garden / New York, NY
Fri, December 19 / Hartford Civic Center / Hartford, CT
Sat, December 20 / Blue Cross Arena / Rochester, NY
Mon, December 22 / Allstate Arena / Rosemont, IL
Mon, January 12 / Key Arena / Seattle, WA
Wed, January 14 / Cox Arena / San Diego, CA
Thu, January 15 / Staples Center / Los Angeles, CA
Fri, January 16 / Oakland Arena / Oakland, CA

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, come to the Philly show! I hope to be there! We need to do the same as the west coast TIM fans are doing and get a group together to meet before/after the show!

Hey Jesse, how about you?? Black lotus????? (an after baby date with your wife maybe?????) Dave, you too???? And Liz how about it???? I know I would love to see you and Hoover again! Hey Krystal is going to this show, lets make it a reunion!!!!
Chris and Elliott how about it?????
Sorrel, come North hehehe!!!!

Fluffy come on, this would be so much fun! Come to Philly!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  8:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
May I say to everyone who wishes to attend these shows, good luck finding tickets.

Fuck Ticketmaster!

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  8:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else notice that the official website never said who the friends were?

I guess I'm still holding out hope that Tim will come to the west coast with his own set up. Aw well...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  9:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True, but I have it from a reliable source (a friend of TIM's) that he will be playing with Dave. As for Trey???? Maybe different friends for different shows? But TIM should be there for all of them.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  9:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Did anyone else notice that the official website never said who the friends were?

Greetings from the Warehouse,

We are pleased to announce An Acoustic and Electric Evening with Dave Matthews and Friends:
Trey Anastasio, Brady Blade, Tony Hall, Ray Paczkowski and Tim Reynolds. The evening will
also feature special guest Emmylou Harris and Spyboy.

Warehouse Ticketing Series 8-2003
Ordering Period Begins: 7:00 p.m., ET, Thursday October 9, 2003
Ordering Period Ends: 12:00 p.m. (noon), ET, Monday October 20, 2003
Order confirmations will be posted on or before Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Tour dates for 2003 and 2004 are as follows:
Fri, December 12 / Bryce Jordan Center / University Park, PA
Sat, December 13 / Dunkin' Donuts Center / Providence, RI
Mon, December 15 / Wachovia Center / Philadelphia, PA
Tue, December 16 / Fleet Center / Boston, MA
Wed, December 17 / Madison Square Garden / New York, NY
Fri, December 19 / Hartford Civic Center / Hartford, CT
Sat, December 20 / Blue Cross Arena / Rochester, NY
Mon, December 22 / Allstate Arena / Rosemont, IL
Mon, January 12 / Key Arena / Seattle, WA
Wed, January 14 / Cox Arena / San Diego, CA
Thu, January 15 / Staples Center / Los Angeles, CA
Fri, January 16 / Oakland Arena / Oakland, CA

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  12:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah. Missed that. Well, that completely crushes my hopes for a solo tour this winter. Darn!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  01:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll probably get ticekts (or try to) but my exams end on the 16th and the Philly show is the 15.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  08:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well PJK I am planning a northern trip... but i think if I go to any of these shows it will be in Boston! ... yet all at the same time!

Does anybody know how this show is working? Like are they ALL going to be playing at the same time... or is DM playing with them at different times, different dates or something?
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  5:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hoping to see some happy faces from this board out there at some of the shows. I am trying to get tickets for both NY , both PA, and IL so hopefully I can get like one of the shows. Does anyone know if Fluffy Rew or Mason are on tour also with them?

Rob
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  5:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I should have read this whole thread before my previous post. For the Philly show I would be extremely interested in meeting some others from here before the show for a beer or something, so post or drop a line to my e mail with details later on closer to the show , it would be greatly appreciated thanks Rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

ajsthind
Is Anybody Here?

3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  9:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try and go to at least two of the three shows in California. I am really excited to see Tim again, it will be a year and half by then.
AJ
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  08:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

May I say to everyone who wishes to attend these shows, good luck finding tickets.

Fuck Ticketmaster!

Why what is up with ticketing?
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  08:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
flamin moe anyone?

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  10:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Rob, closer to the concert I will email you and others from the area. Hopefully a bunch of us will get tickets.

Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  2:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sorrel

quote:
Originally posted by therippa

Fuck Ticketmaster!

Why what is up with ticketing?

What isn't up with ticketing. There is some intense competition going on for those spots. Intense. DMB fans are no friggin joke. Add Phish fans to the mix and damn....

But don't let that discourage you! One of my best friends has never paid for a big concert and always gets in. (Usually by sneaking in somehow.) Her motto: "It's only a wall."

See the key with TIcketMaster is that you have to find the spots that no one else goes to. Like the little carcineria in the further parts of the city or the barely running record store in the small outlying areas. I got really good Chris Rock tickets that way.

K.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2003 :  03:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Nov. 1st will be the date that the L.A. show goes on sale to the public. Damn, I wish I still worked at wherehouse and did onsales.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  7:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Therippa, I have a feeling you are right about the tickets. Unless someone is real lucky with the warehouse it will be almost impossible to get tickets. I forgot about the "Phish factor." Phish sold out the Wachovia Center (Phila.)in a matter of minutes yesterday. I will say one thing about them, they don't scam their fans, all tickets were $37.50. I wanted to see Simon and Garfunkle but their tickets were $80-$270! (that show sold out too!)

Thank god TIM still does his own tours.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  1:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My best hope is for the warehouse too. I'm going to try to go to the Oakland show, but the bay area is PACKED with people who would be interested in this show for various reasons, and I don't see myself getting tickets through ticketmaster...especially with what happened last time Dave & Tim toured. As much as I'd like to see this show, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I guess I'll just have to download it a few days afterwards :-)

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  11:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so excited about this show. The night that we went to see TIM in Chicago, my boyfriend's sister happened to be playing Storytellers as we were getting ready to head out. So I mentioned to her that we were going to see Tim, and she was like, "Oh my God. That guy is fucking amazing. He is so good."

Come to find out that she watches Storytellers a lot. So since we are going to get tickets this weekend anyway, we decided to buy her one too. You should have seen her face when I told her about it. It was like this sweet disbelief...She was like..."I would love to go!" And then she gave me this big old hug. That felt really good.

So yay! I am going to see if my sister can hook up some backstage passes for us. That would totally complete the experience for all of us.

I am so pumped! Yay yay yay!!!
Go to Top of Page

ImLost@Sea
Is Anybody Here?

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  09:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit ImLost@Sea's Homepage  Send ImLost@Sea an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anybody going to the Bryce Jordan show, let me know... It may turn out that I'm going alone. I have no idea what this show will be like, but I know I will be VERY upset if Tim isn't there. Also if Trey were there too I'd probably shit my britches. Anyway, give me a holler at jamesparsons@excite.com if you plan on attending the premier concert in State College... Peace

Indoctrinate the stream of radar contact around the kundalini bonfire, and then they were free.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000