Mice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  05:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jude and I have been tangling with some mice for quite some time now, here is a very short story of an encounter I just had. Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently a family of mice has decided to infest the house which I am renting. We killed two with traps, about 2 weeks ago, and were suprised to find that there were actually 2 and not just one. We felt satisfied that the problem was over and went back to our normal routine of sleeping without wondering if every strange noise was that fucking mouse.

But now....there is at least one more. Possibly the love child of the two others killed....we really should have done full autopsies to determine their sexes and if the female had given birth recently...but alas. So I'm trying to go to sleep 20 minutes ago and I hear a noise. Then another. Luckily the floor of my room has stray papers all over the place, so I can hear if something is moving them. I turn the light on, look around...nothing.

I go over to my computer, click around the net a bit...then, I see movement to the left of me. I see a small mouse run behind my night stand, then from there to under my bed....it's headed for the door. I grab one of my shoes from the floor and stand ready to pounce when it makes it's move.

Seconds pass.....nothing.

I jerk my bed back away from the wall and the mouse, obviously startled by the sudden movement, leaps for the crack under the door! But I am too quick with my hat-like reflexes and slam the shoe down, capturing it's torso, with it's head poking out just in front of the Sketcher's "S." I look it in the eye, and it looks back. Tiny black beady eyes staring back at my large less beady green eyes....So we meet.

"We have reached endgame my little friend." I utter to it, smug in my percieved dominence over the animal kingdom. Of course I'm sure if it could speak it would have either begged for it's life or spouted a bunch of obsenities in my direction.

I look around for a good way to contain my little nemesis. Unfortunetely, I'm holding my shoe down right in front of the door which opens IN, so calling for help from my sleeping roomates is not an option. I grab a flat piece of metal which had been blocking off the vents because we suspected they may be travelling through them, and put it in front of the crevice under the door, to impede any escape attempts. I'm pressing down hard with my shoe...hoping I at least am cutting off air or something, maybe it will get sleepy, unconcious, or dead through asphixiation...since I really don't want a bloody mess to clean up.

I slowly slide the shoe towards the head of the mouse, my plan is to grab the tail and hopefuly it won't bite me, since who knows what diseases it's carrying, and I don't think I have health insurance...so anyway: Sliding.

Slowly....slowly.....BASTARD!!! It slips free and goes straight for my fucking feet! I guess it was thinking obsenities! I freak out and do a couple of sissy jumps as it stops trying to attack me and realizes that the entire door is not defended and runs out into the kitchen to wherever it came from.

DAMN!

What I really don't get is, how the fuck does it not have all it's ribs broken? Do mice not have ribs? I was pressing down with my shoe REALLY FUCKING HARD! And the fucker was still fast as hell, and pissed. I need to learn more about my nemesis before I can truly defeat him. He has definetely won this round though, I have 3 hours before I have to wake for class. BLAST! He'll rue the day..mark my words.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  10:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah I can relate to this. We get mice every year so we keep traps in the garage all year round. Fall/winter is the worst time for them. I keep telling my husband we need a cat, but he doesn't like cats so I don't think I am going to win that one. Maybe you should get a cat?

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  9:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i have a stick, with which i destroy all forms of infestation. i carry it with me around the house and smite mice, insects, what have you. it used to be a mic stand, but i broke it, so i disconnected it from the base and wield it most aptly.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  5:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get a cat. May take about a month, but they will all be rounded up for you in time. We only got three this year. 6 birds, as recently as two days ago, but only 3 mice.

K.
Go to Top of Page

LoveToday
Chatterbox

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  08:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cats kill mice everyday. I don't live in a shit hole or anything... more like a field. Field mice... when they get bored, they go outside and find a mouse and they BRING IT INSIDE for their torturing enjoyment. They toss it back and forth and then they get real mad and fight over it which most of the time, leaves the critter unattended and in quite a position for escape. I try to take the mouse away from them and throw it back outside and the cats look at me like they are planning to kill me in my sleep. I sometimes find little heads or spines in the kitchen floor in the morning (not cool at 5:00 am) so I know they will eat the mouse but they will not eat the moles. I find those in their entirety, unscathed with that beady little angry, "I got killed by a fucking cat" look on their face. I feel bad for the critters and unless you can handle the chaos of cat and mouse then stick with the traps and bait. Peanut butter works great on mouse traps because they can't snatch it and run like with cheese.

I childproof my home... and they still get in!
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  11:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LoveToday

I find those in their entirety, unscathed with that beady little angry, "I got killed by a fucking cat" look on their face.

Only once have I found a decapitated bird. Other than that, they catch em, kill em, clean them and leave them in the middle of the fucking rug in the living room. You would almost think that they find them like that, they look so unbothered. Except this one time when one of them got this massive bird, huge, even for my rather beefy and well built cat. It looked peaceful enough lying there, but we had like 40 birds of different species holding vigil on our lawn for the rest of the day. I had to burn some sage just to get the phantom bird outta my house. We only get door mice, thank god. And they get in through the kitty door in the back, so it is inevitable.

I was scared for my cat that day though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000