MP3: Just One Fix, 9/13/03 soundcheck
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  07:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the sound quality SUCKS. I finaly got an ac adapter for my video camera, just to find out that a> getting the sound out via the headphone jack sounds like a 78th generation cassette tape, and b> the fucking usb chord was just for the flash card thats included with the camera and not for converting the miniDv tapes. So dont expect anything else from this check just yet, but rest assured im playing with the fucker and should be getting it ready soon.

Anyway, the MP3:

Just One Fix (Ministry)

its cool, despite the sound problems. Adam - Normaly i wouldnt care, but dont put this on the ftp just causeim going to try to get a better sounding conversion out of this tape. the hiss, distortion, and tin can quality are either not there or significantly less on the tape.

~pw'oikr
~( ">

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  12:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
does your camera have an S-video out?
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  12:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it has a USB, Headphone, DV, and AV out. Theoreticaly I can get this into the television and then get the sound from there into my moms laptop, but there are so many amplifiers along the way that it would distort. I just want one direct conversion.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  1:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich, if you have a program called "Cool Edit Pro" there is a hiss reduction option on there, but it has to be loaded in as .wav format. I tried doing it to the mp3, but no dice.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  1:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Erich, if you have a program called "Cool Edit Pro" there is a hiss reduction option on there, but it has to be loaded in as .wav format. I tried doing it to the mp3, but no dice.

cool edit pro's been discontinued, its now Adobe Audition. I had the wav for it, but id rather get a less hissed version to begine with than take in a bad version and try to alter it further.

Stupid camera.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  1:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich, I was able to filter out the hiss, as well as about 200 clicks and pops, but like you said, it is an altered version of a bad recording. I do think it's an improvement though, so if you want to hear it, let me know.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000