new "NEWS" as of 8/22/03
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  11:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First let me apologize for posting this in it's "email list" form. It took forever to put together and I really didn't want to sort out what has already been said and have to rewrite the parts that won't make sense if I change anything. So, here it is, there is some info you already know, but LOTS you don't, so read away........

Hello Everyone, We are all gearing up for the SEPTouR03 and are all quite excited. As you should already know, TR is on his way to NY for the SoulFlow Festival as of this mailing. I will not be in attendance at this show as I had a couple of other shows come up this weekend. For anyone attending this weekends festival, please have a safe trip and a GREAT show! I posted earlier that TR would be looking to get into the studio for new material early in the new year, well in typical TR fashion he has gotten quite excited about his new stuff and has already booked studio TIMe between now and the end of the year. He is really excited about the new stuff but is still unsure just will come out when he gets in the studio. He has lots of ideas and he just wants to get in there and start seeing what happens. The only thing I was able to nail him down to was he will be recording the first studio version of "FaceOff" which he was playing on the elecTRic TouRs. So we can look forward to some new TR early in the new year or maybe by the Fall. TR also asked me to post a list of HIS personal book recommendations as he is quite often asked about this topic as he is a BIG reader. The list can be viewed at:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4081

The most important bit of info I will be sharing in this UPDATE is the final addition to the SEPTouR03 schedule:

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 9/27/2003 ARTIST: Tim Reynolds
VENUE: Chance
6 Crannel Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 18702
PHONE: 845-471-1966
CAPACITY: 850 TICKET PRICE: $15
DOORS: 8:30pm AGES: All
PERF LENGTH: 1 (90 min.) set PERF. TIME: 11pm

That brings out list of dates for the SEPTouR03 to complete and if you would like to see the complete list and other recent news, please visit:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4025

OR here just for the SEPTouR03 dates:

http://www.timreynolds.com/tour/

I also have what looks to be the finalized list of openers for the SEPTouR03 dates. Again, as always, things can change, but here is the info I have as of this moment:

9/10-9/19- Kaki King
9/20- BROCK
9/22-9/23- Greg Howard
9/26- Josh Dodes & Libby Kirkpatrick
9/27- Libby Kirkpatrick
9/28- Libby Kirkpatrick

I am told that Josh Dodes usually performs with a band and they resemble BenFoldsFive stylistically, but this will be a solo performance. For more info about Josh see:

www.jdband.com

I am informed that Libby is a solo singer/songwriter. For more info on Libby, check out:

www.heartmusic.com

Greg Howard: www.greghoward.com

BROCK: www.brockband.com
or for more info on BROCK, see my post with lots of info at:
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3222

As Greg Howard is back with us for a few dates on this tour let me take this opportunity to fill you in on some TRelated info concerning Greg Howard. Greg should have a completely remastered version of his 1994 release "SHAPES" CD which has TR playing acoustic guitar on the opening cut. He is hoping to have it available by mid-Sept, maybe in TIMe for his dates with TR. For more info on this and all Greg Howard releases, please visit:

www.greghoward.com

There you can also get on his email list so you will be notified when it is available.

ALSO, another Greg Howard and TRelated is a project you all maybe familiar with, The Offering is planning on releasing the only recent perfomance of The Offering: Live at the Knitting Factory NYC. I have it from a good source(Mike Sokolowski)that the recording has been completely remastered by Greg Howard and it sounds far and away better than the previous versions that have floated around. Both Greg and Mike have told me how happy they are with how the remastered version came out and they are quite excited for it's impending release. Mike tells me he will be releasing under his new banner, "Breezeway Archives" and it should have a "friendly pricetag". Mike is presently working on a project with Houston Ross(bass player with TR in TR3 and Puke Matrix) under his regular banner, SOKO and assures me more info on this will be coming soon. For now, I will end this with a quote about the project from Mike himself:

"Houston and I are burning on the new Soko album. We've got tons of material -- and it's a real departure for us. Never been this psyched about a project before."

That ought to peak your interest, I know it did mine! So long for now, hope to see lots of you at the dates on the SEPTouR03!!!!!!

As always,
PEACE & KEEP THE FAITH
Fluffy Hays Centner
TimReynolds.com

PS: A quick fix: On the TouR dates page at TimReynolds.com the website for 9/19 Crossroads Theater show was erroneously listed as http://www.crossroadstheatre.net/ 

The CORRECT website addy is: http://www.statetheatrenj.org/

Sorry for this error, I hope it hasn't confused anyone to much. It should be changed in the next day or so on the TouR dates page.

WOOPS, dang it, seems I forgot to mention one more thing. Sorry to keep tacking stuff on but it really is out of consideration for the members. I hate to inundate your mailboxes with email after email so I prefer to get it all out in one email. Which brings me to my last bit of business............
Our old friend, Jason Squires has relaunched his website and it features alot of great TR pictures. You might remember Jason was the guy who got TR photos on RollingStone.com for us. The pics on RollingStone.com were also his photos. He does some great freelance photography. Here is a link to his relaunched website, CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.liveconcertpics.com

As you will see, there are lots-o-pics of TR there as well as tons of other artists. I think it is very easy to navigate so it is well worth checking out. "Portfolio" is where I found the TR photos. ENJOY!!!!

OHHHH, and congrats to Jason on the great website!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  2:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks sooooooo much for the plethora of information! All very exciting news Fluffy!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  2:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The only thing I was able to nail him down to was he will be recording the first studio version of "FaceOff" which he was playing on the elecTRic TouRs

I forgot to single this out specifically as being FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I also hope that he records a studio version of Pathetic, as I find that song to be one of his most rocking songs ever.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  3:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Next TIMe I talk to TR, I will ask him if he has any plans about that specific song. I bet he does, but that is just my opinion. I could be wrong. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  4:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always wonder if Tim would go back to "Tree of Life". Maybe a studio version of "Doom" too.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  3:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SO is TR in the studio now? That would be my logical guess since he has a break before the Dave and friends tour, and Fluffy mentioned his plans to record before the year's end. I was just listening to FACEOFF and it made me remember this thread and made me think about how awesome a studio version of that song is going to be. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000