U know what the radio wont play... now for mtv
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.internalmemos.com/memos/memodetails.php?memo_id=1424

god damn... stupid everything....

free speech my ass.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Once again it is proven that brains and business don't mix.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:50:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I definitely don't agree with that at all, but it isn't an issue of free speech. Those artists made their songs and videos, thereby exercising their freedoms of speech and expression, but just because they made them doesn't mean they have to be played on MTV. If, like me, you don't agree with it, you can choose to use your freedom of expression by boycotting MTV.

I hate MTV. Never watch it. And the sad thing is, I doubt MTV is in danger of going bankrupt anytime soon, especially since they're owned by Viacom, even as they continue to pull shit like that.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes it is true that they dont have to play them, but i hate how limiting main streem everything is about others views.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how come eminem wasn't on that list with that osama bashing in one of his videos...?

i guess if you're a huge icon of crap like he is, you can get away with it..

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  5:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm going to download all those vidoes and mp3s. hey. they're not being used by mtv or the radio, and i'm concerned that the artist's work isn't be appriciated., actually i'm not because pretty much everything on that list sucks except radiohead.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  7:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thus why I do not watch MTV, or listen to the radio for that matter. I swear this country is getting more dumb and increasingly more sensitive about me possibly offending the dumb by saying so every single day. What a country.

Edit: now upon closer review, I see this memo came from MTV Europe, which allows me to state that the world as a whole is getting dumber.

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000