Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 going to see RHCP and Flaming Lips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  02:02:25 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeee haw, Red Hot Chili Peppers with the Flaming Lips opening (sweet) are going to be right here in Irvine on Oct. 12th and you'd better believe I scored tix to that! Should be a sweet show as I've yet to see either band live.

god
Kevin

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  02:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got to see RCHP when they came around the first time on this tour w/ The Mars Volta and Queens of the Stone Age.

Mars Volta i wasnt impressed with. they were wayyy wayyyyyy wayyyyyyy too loud for an opening band, and i couldnt tell if they had songs or were just jaming on stage for 40 mins.

QOTSA - good show, aslo... way way too loud.

RHCP - i saw them back on their californication tour and have them on video from the rolling rock town fair, as well as 2 live dvds. and they really impressed me this time around.

What most impressed me was Johns imense improvement at harmony vocals and singing in general. If u know about them live in the past, john really used to cause more problems then he solved. but this tour... wow. he hit every note dead on.

I think that forced Anthony to work harder on his vox as well which improved as well.

Great show... but was by far the loudest and most painfull show i have been too, i was contemplating leaveing becuase it was so loud.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  11:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*cough*earplugs*cough*

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  1:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
QOTSA - good show, aslo... way way too loud

Oh man, I beleive that. I saw Queens of the Stone Age this past year at a small club and it took me 3 days to regain my hearing. The funny thing is that I had an economics class the next morning and I forgot my glasses at my apt. so basically I went to class def and blind.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  3:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AWESOME show last night! We got at the venue with perfect timing, right as we sat down in our seats, the lights went out and Flaming Lips took the stage... no boring wait. And let me tell you something about the Flaming Lips... THEY ARE ON SOME SERIOUS DRUGS!!! They had about 20 people on stage dressed up in bunny suits, Santa Claus suits, nun outfits, and giant sun god outfits. They also had a video screen in the background playing, among other things, naked chicks dancing. The music was awesome, but my description really doesn't do the stage show any justice... it was really quite random.

Then the chili peppers came on, and simply rocked the house!!! Mostly stuff from the past 2 cds, although they did a few Blood sugar sex magic songs as well. All Around the world simply rocked. The encore started out with Flea playing a trumpet solo, and his daughter playing drums. All in all it was a great time, and a great show. I'd love to see the Flaming Lips again, by themselves and at a smaller venue. To give you an idea, here are some pics I found on their website:

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  3:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
heh, those pictures are great.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000