So fluffy...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  1:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did u catch A Perfect Circle at the 9:30 club.

The tix here sold out in under 15 mins.

then later that same day were for sale at 3X their original price.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  4:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed I did, and it was a great show, even though I got the unenviable task of washing the bands laundry(IE:dirty sox and underwear). See the life of "A Runner" isn't always so glamourous. Although it does have really bizarre moments especially when you think about them "from one day to the next" way. For instance, Friday I was the tour manager for BROCK at our first headlining show in Baltimore, Saturday I was TM for BROCK at the 9:30 Club opening for Mike Doughty(Soul Coughing)again. Sunday I was driving Johnny Rotten around to buy stuff(what an experience that was, thats a story in itself), and Sunday I was meeting and shaking hands with Justin Timberlake and fetching him enormous amounts of Sushi which he apparently really enjoyed. I know I will probably be SHOT for saying this, but what an incredible band JT had with him. They played a late nite show at 9:30 Club after his BIG show with Christina Aguilera at the MCI Center here in DC. The band was a scaled down version of the BIG show band(9 instead of 15) and included the drummer from Fishbone who had played both the old 9:30 many times and even played the new 9:30 Club back when it was called WUST Hall before we took it over. It was great seeing him again. One of the first bands I ever worked for, The Now, opened for Fishbone back in the day and strangely on that very same bill The Neville Bros opened for us and Fishbone. See what I mean, BIZARRE!!! One day I am driving Johnny Rotten around, the next, Justin Timberlake. BIZARRE! So what did you do this weekend??

PS: Good to see you back on the boards St Jude, I missed ya!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000