Oh the wonder that is food
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  01:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't eat for 29 hours...I don't know why...I know lots of you have probably gone a LOT longer than that, but I was tired (physically and mentally) and hungry today when I got back from Abe's place...And god damn am I eatin' the TV dinners...polished of five...uh...a couple of hot pockets, some Ramen noodles, and cream of mushroom soup...Rice A Roni...pork...and while I'm piggin' out, I see an ad on TV for Feed the Children...I suddenly feel so extremely guilty...I don't need sex...I need food.

Last night I was at my good friend Abe's place...Now, Abe's mom is insane. Easy as that. Nuts. She called Abe at ten last night to tell him that he has to go see a therapist the next day...now Abe had no idea this was going on...His mom keeps insisting that "he needs Help." Now, the only reason why I bring that up is because it makes me very angry when people, even parents, try to take over kids lives. I for one know that Abe is exetremely creative and destined for a graphics job...He's one hell of an outstanding artist. But his mom wants him to have a "professional" job, like a fuckin doctor or something. She refuses to understand that Abe's the creative type of person. He doesn't take well to standard learning. He's smart as hell, but in a different way. Give the kid a math problem...he's fucked. Give him an incredibly complicated movie to watch, something that would take the average viewer two or three viewings to understand, and he's saying "This movie's so damn predictable...He's gonna put the wire in the guy's hat to it pokes him and gives him cancer, and then he'll be able to steal his ID number." And of course, it turns out right. Unfortunately, this is not good enough for people now...we have to be able to find the length of line AB, we have to be able to recognize adjective clauses...Bullshit, I say. Let the kid be who he is, woman. Jesus H. Tap Dancin' Chirst.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  9:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jay... tomorrow you should go see a therapist. No... oh, I am just joshin you... SO... you were with Abe... and didn't eat... Is Abe's mom feeding Abe? There's all different levels of being nuts... but neglecting needs of children is a more serious one... Sorry, can you tell I used to work with in social services? I am so sorry... I am not trying to make assumptions... i just get worried about these things! Seen some bad shiznit, and can't help but get a wee bit freaked out.... Hmmm... maybe I SHOULD GO TO THERAPY tomorrow!

I hear what you are saying about his mother wanting him to be a "real professional". I really think that's got something to do with that generation. My father is still pissed as all hell that I am switched my major from prelaw to psychology (can you tell that I was in social services, couldn't handle the emotional baggage, so decided that I need to get out of it asap?)... I don't even want to do therapy... just research or teach... and my father thinks that I am getting involved in something trendy and about everyother conversation slips in a "gee, you sure you don't want to become an attorney?"... my mother on the other hand still thinks I'd be happiest if I became a professional dancer... so maybe it's not a generation thing... maybe it's my dad and Abe's mom... At any rate... TV dinners are awesome... I need to go food shopping in the worst way...
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  1:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To know that you have needs, and not wants, means that you are maturing and can take responsability for your actions.

O our little jay is all growed up.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000