Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Well, I had a gun to my head last night.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  08:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And it wasnt because of my magnetic personality :)

So, as you all know, there was the blackout of '03. Best thing to happen to the city in years i think, it got everyone off the computer, cell phone, television, and OUT OF THE HOUSE (gasp!). I saw people walking outside with expressions on their face likr "... we have neighbors? wait, hold up, theres sunlight here?" Yeah, there was a bit of panic, but luckily the mayor of NYC didnt tell people to buy duct tape.

Anyway, my story. last night, bout 12:00am, i think to myself: "when is the next time im going to see my city like this?". So my folks were asleep and i decided to take a neighborhood walk. Ok, it was dumb, but ive done this for years and have walked in darker and more terrifying areas (Bayside, Queens in NYC is disney land compared to Philly or Detroit at night. Thanks Tim Reyonlds for being booked in nice areas ;)). Im 3 blocks from home and hear a shuffle, and there are two black guys behind me. One asks the nearest way to the bus, and at that point i know im fucked, so i say something and out comes the gun. Get on the floor, dont run. thats what i heard. I cant tell you how instantanius this thought was, but it was the only thing i thought: If he wants to kill me, he will, so run. And i did, and i got to a security van that rode with me home the 2 blocks.

Mind you, im still shaken up, and its 8 hours after the incident. I couldnt sleep very well, especialy since to keep my sanity i listened to the local jazz radio station and read by candlelight. My anxiety is pretty hight, and i get flashes of the incident pretty frequently. I know it will pass, but its slightly frightening. I promised myself no more late night runs to the store, just to play it safe for a while. I cant live in fear obviously, but its natural to live in caution for the time being.

But on a brighter note (and seeing how we finaly have power :D), it was still beautiful last night. the weather was cool and it was pitch black, nothing was on except a random light from a generator and a random garbage or polce car (go figure that one, police around all fucking night and I pick the moment theyre not). I now wish i couldve seen times square at midnight, that would be intense.

So, you still got me, despite a few of you wishing otherwise im sure ;). Regardless, it was pretty fucking scarey, and as cheesey as it sounds it really does make you appreciate life more. It also makes me appreciate my grandmother and my mom always telling me to be careful out there.

peace :)

~pw'oikr
~( ">

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  09:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, I don't know what to say except I for one am VERY glad you are safe! Damn those bastards! I imagine you will have flash backs for a long while. On the bright side it has given you new awareness. Also maybe the dark was your protector. Maybe after you ran they just couldn't see you to shoot! Regardless, I am so happy you are ok.

My prayers and best vibes are going your way!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  11:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow..glad to hear you're safe and sound!!! I'm surprised with the blackouts that i haven't heard of any looting or mayhem to any high degree. that's pretty damn scary tho, glad to hear you aren't hurt!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  11:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy cow! Prayers and Karma to you man!

Sounds like a good thing to write a song about.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  12:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Sounds like a good thing to write a song about.

my first thoughts too *laughs*

thanks all

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  1:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah a song, or at least a poem! Great idea!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  3:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear yer safe and living, Erich! I saw a guy lurching about with a Jason mask on...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  04:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich, glad to hear you are OK, and only just a little shaken, it could have been much worse. As for expectation of more looting a crime, I think 9/11 has alot to do with peoples behavior in NYC during a crisis. The latest report I heard said that crime overnight in NYC was actually down from a normal lit nite. Ironically, your experience happened on one of the safest nites in recent NYC history. Glad you are OK and can't wait to drag you thru more unsavory places on the next TR TouR.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  9:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich I am so sorry to hear this... However.. I am sure like a week after you are seeing that all things happen for a reason... How've you felt waking up in the morning since that incident? I'm sure waking up to the alarm clock isn't so harsh!

I am so happy to hear that you are alright.... Let us know when you have that song written!
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  10:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's crazy, glad you didn't get hurt. FEI most people are horrible shots with handguns at more that 5 yards when aiming at a moving target, especially untrained street thieves.

Security van? Like the armored bank cars? I'm confused.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  1:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, dude that sux. glad you're alright though.
Cant we all just get along.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000