New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  11:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy damn that's amazing stuff. This was well worth the three year wait since Live @ the Quick. Man...I'm blown away. That's all I can put into words...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  06:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damnit! I've read nothing but good things about this CD and i'm currently broke, nnnoo!

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  06:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm broke too, and i really want to get it!! The only negative things i've heard is that there's some ambient stuff here and there, like silence or volume swell sounds, etc.. but that's not negative IMO, but for people who want more standard flecktones i guess it is. I can't wait to buy it!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  10:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is everything. There are so many different sounds and genres, it's awesome.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  3:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There are so many different sounds and genres

Not to mention a "rap" version of the Beverly Hillbilies theme.

I love the cd so far though, even though I've only listened to a little bit of it. It was only $22.99 for damn near 4 hours of music. And the box it comes in is great looking, awesome pictures and stories. Worth every penny for sure. By the way, does the first track "Bil Mon" seem at all Tim Reynoldsesque to anyone else, there are some swell sounds at the beginning, and then some delayed electric banjo at the end that reminds me a lot of TR.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am totally bummed due to the fact that I am totally broke! Oh well, I will get it some day. Seems cancer has changed my CD-aholic ways......hummm...maybe that is a good thing. I do hope everyone who got the CD is enjoying it, it sure sounds like its awesome, as if Bela and the Flectones would put out anything less than awesome!

Seeing them in concert was definitely a highlight for me and I am definitely seeing them again as soon as I can.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  8:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kev, I definitely understand what you mean about "Bil Mon". And you might be interested to know I picked up my copy at my local Tower, for $19.99!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  4:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet album... Little overwhelming with all the guests and all the music, but I'm always up for a challenge. But it's harder than you'd think to find 3+ hours of time to listen through the whole thing straight. Anybody else enjoy the intro before Bil Mon?
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  4:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Anybody else enjoy the intro before Bil Mon?

yeah, I was reading the liner notes, and saw the instructions on how to hear it. For those who have the cd, put in disc one, and rewind the first track about 2 minutesbefore track 1. Has that ever been done before? I know hidden tracks are common at the end, but I've never seen one before the cd.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  9:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd never heard of something like that before. But that would be the Flecktones style!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  9:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this CD!!! I've only got through the first 3 songs so far, but already it flat out rocks!!! Bela is experimenting with ihs sound more, jeff is going through more wind instruments and sounding better than ever, futch is devolping more ideas and sound, and wooten is all over it all!!

Better review to come after hearing it all, the hidden track was cool too!

The only thing is, i've been having problems getting the first disc to play on my computer, it's working now, but i can't skip tracks or fast forward or rewind, i just have to start it at the beginning and let it play.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  02:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan:

...but I can't skip tracks or fast forward or rewind, I just have to start it at the beginning and let it play.

I think your computer knows that that is the best way to listen to the album!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  11:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha, too true arthen.

Well i just finally heard the whole album today, and i think it's great!! a few songs feel a little cluttered with all the musicians(last jam, sleeper), but it's a good cluttered. there's lots of layers of different sounds here and there, and lots of good guest input. derek trucks in phenomenal on the album, but there's not much of him on there. uhmm, it's just really great, get it everyone!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000