The most wonderful thing just came from my kitchen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  02:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay...these are the ultimate stress releiver...And a good substitute for smoking, that is, if you're trying to quit, or just can't smoke at the moment. I can't stop chewing on them, they're fantastic! They only take a few seconds, too!!! I'm loving these things!

You gotta have:
A Pan, or shallow pot
Water...like a cup or two, probably...
Jasmine Tea (Anything will work, really, but jasmine smells pretty)
50 or so toothpicks
Sugar
Honey
Lemon
Paper Towels

Boil about two cups of water...I mean boil, too, none of that cheap "Well it IS steaming" jive shit you hear in some parts of Texas...Really boil the hell out of that water. Then drop two or three Jasmine Tea bags into the water, strings and all. You can use any kind of tea, but Jasmine smells great. So let that boil for ten minutes or so, long enough for the water to get really, really dark and strong-smelling.

Grab about 50 toothpicks and chuck them in the pot or pan...whatever cooking vesel you are using...and let them float around in the water for a couple of minutes until they start to obsorb the water a little. Dump about 2/3 cup of sugar in the water, and stir it to help it disolve...Remember to keep the heat setting on your stove at it's highest temperature at all times!

Once the sugar is disolved, keep stirring the toothpicks and pushing them around in the boiling pot of tea. Now get a bottle of honey. Squeeze about 1/3 cup of it into the pot, or more if you want to, it really doesn't matter. Again, stir like crazy to keep everything moving. By this time, there should be quite a lot of bubbling going on...The entire pan should look like a big mass of bubbles, almost no liquid present. Don't worry if this doesn't happen, it really doesn't matter if it does or doesn't...I just thought it looked cool.

Grab a lemon. Roll it on your countertop for a while so the juices break up. Cut it in half, and stick a fork in the wide end of each half. That's the side with the fruit on it...Twist the fork and squeeze the lemon until all the juice runs out and into the pot. Squeeze as much juice as you can from each lemon half, and make sure all of it goes into the pot. Stir like crazy. Keep stiring for another five minutes or so.

Take the pan of the burner and run lots of cold water in it. Keep the toothpicks inside the pan! Once they've cooled down some, you'll notice a yellowy-clear substance I have called "Velderschmoot" It's really just the lemon, sugar, and honey reducing into a gel-like substance...It's really sweet tasting, and quite good, but you have to get rid of it. Dump the toothpicks in a small bowl, and cover them with very cold water. Rub them and rinse them in teh water until all teh Velderschmoot is removed. Now dry the toothpicks between two paper towels an' eat them fuckers. Delish.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  09:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jay, lay off the weed! jeez I haven't said that for quite some TIMe, hehehe You are too funny!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  10:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And next, on Cooking With Toothpicks: Why we can't digest wood.
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jay! these are great man!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  1:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sounds complicated... and splintery.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  1:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, you s[it them oot, ya know!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  3:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh I didn't get that part.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  7:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hehehe just to clear things up here, I'm totally 100% serious about this...It really works!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  8:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can vouche for that, they rock!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  12:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmm.....

I'm greatly intrigued by these wooden delicacies. Perhaps I will try them.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000