The little guy's coming!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  8:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...Probably tonight sometime. I'm happy happy. My sister in law's in the hospital right now...I chose not to go because the entire thing about squeezing something out of one's vagina is still kind of bizarre for me. So I'm here, all alone, wishing to god I had something good to do...But what the hell, I'm gonna be an uncle any minute now...Swell!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  01:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Please Jay, LAY OFF THE WEED!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  01:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your uncle-hood.

And I generally don't like to think about the whole birthing process either. All I can say is thank god I have a penis and testicles.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  06:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratultions Jay! er I mean Uncle Jay!!!

I hope your sister-in-law got through everything okay and the baby is also doing fine. Child birth is truly one of the most special events in a life time however it is only the beggining!There will be many more!

I kept a diary of my kids and the things the did and said when they were little. Things that at the TIMe I thought I would never forget but later came to realize if I hadn't written it down I would have.

Did I ever tell you about my sons artwork? The collage??

When my daughter was in kindergarten, my son was 3. She had made a collage in school, you know, cut out pictures from magazines and pasted them on a piece of colored paper, over-lapping the pictures.

Well Bill thought that was the greatest thing he ever saw and he wanted to do one too. So I gave him some old magazines and a pair of safety sissors and told him to cut out pictures and then we would glue them on paper and he could have his own collage to hang up in the kitchen.

He spent a long TIMe cutting out pictures and finally came over to where I was sitting at the kitchen table with his little pile of pictures. I glanced down and became suddenly aware that he had cut out pictures of women in bras and panties. Since I had given him women magazines which are full of those kinds of ads I thought surely there must me something more interesting to a small boy on the other side and that I was panicking for no reason. So calmly I turned the photos over, expecting to see a picture of a kitten or dog or car. Nope, nothing.

I became acutely aware that my sweet innocent son had indeed cut out only pictures of women in panties and bras! So I said "Bill, these are very interesting pictures you have here!" To which he proudly replied, "Yes, thats for my WOMAN collage!" hehehehe out of the mouths of babes! (ofcourse my husband said "Way to go son!" haha)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  06:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on uncle-hood!

Pam...HILARIOUS story!!! I wouldn't know what do that if i was faced with that situation!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  10:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

because the entire thing about squeezing something out of one's vagina is still kind of bizarre for me.

Yeah... it is for me too! My friends are getting this whole "baby fever" thing and it freaks me the hell out. I think my biological clock broke or something...

However, I do get the baby fever via my sister... so I am envying your position of being an uncle!!! I am so ready to be an aunt. Is this your first nephew (or any nieces)? Either way... many congrats... I am sure this is an extremely exciting TIMe for you and your family.

And Pam... that story just made my day... and backs up what I am learning in my Personality Theory Psychology class (at least Freud)... kids are just smaller sexually curious people! Totally hysterical though!!
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  11:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GREAT story Pam! If I was in that situation, I'd try to handle it calmly but end up laughing my ass off.

MY sister-in-law is doing fine as far as I know...They gave her some stuff to sped things up because I guess she was in a hell of a lot of pain but not really ready to give birth yet. She might've had it already, I don't know. I'm excited! This IS my first nephew, it's my parent's first grandchild. His name was going to be Dylan, but they went with Devon instead...I'm not to big on that name, but it's NOT my baby, as far as I know....

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  01:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As a proud Uncle myself, let me welcome you to Unclehood, remember to be one of those "cool uncles"!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  01:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope to be one! It's now 1:44 Thursday morning, and I just got a call from my mom in the hospital...The baby should be here within the hour!!!!!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  09:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My god! Poor girl! I hope she had that baby by now! I did kind of laugh when I read your original post and you were expecting the wee one any minute. First babies take a LONG time on the average.

I just feel so sorry for your sister-in-law! That is a hell of a long time to be in labor! Hopefully she got some drugs for relief.
I hope all is well with your whole family and you are now officially UNCLE JAY!!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  1:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
YES! I am! He was born at ten to four this morning! Hehehe I'm Uncle Jay!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000