New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ddupree
Is Anybody Here?

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2001 :  12:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i remember reading at some point about tim trying out some new guitars on the tour. i was just wondering if anyone had some info on this subject. i know he is playing a 12 string baritone but don't have a clue what one sounds like. maybe if someone is taping the shows they will end up on the website so we could give it a listen. thanks. dusty
i'm not a cool guy anymore, as if i ever was before.

-descendents

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2001 :  3:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I don't have any sound clips yet, but here is a picture I took at the LA, Knitting Factory show of the two new guitars. You will have to cut and paste the link without the "http://"

http://www.geocities.com/iamkevin1/P9270004.JPG

The songs he played on the baritone were Doom, Leelines, and Danger Will "insert random name here". I also noticed on the new batch of setlists that chatterbox was listed as being on the baritone. As far as the sound, it is hard to explain... a little deeper, less acoustic but not electric.

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2001 :  5:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
kevin that link won't work...

also does anyone have any other pics of concerts on this tour? particularly the eugene show

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2001 :  6:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dave S, the link worked for me. Just open it in a new window, then copy the link ("copy shortcut") and paste it into the new window.

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  05:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will have pics of the Eugene show to post at some point. Time is just so limited on tour. Sorry all! The 2 new guitars added to the stable are the Gibson Gothic SG and Veillette(sp)12 string Baritone. It is indeed hard to describe the sound. It is very bottom endy, yet not in the way a bass guitar is. Imagine and acoustic bass and throw in a pickup and put guitar strings on it. You are getting warmer. It makes perfect sense when you hear it. It is beautiful, especially in contrast to the 6 and 12 string Martins. It is SWEET! You can now add the Peter Gabriel cover of In Your Eyes to the list of songs on Baritone. I think he started out playing Leelines and then into In Your Eyes. Isaac may be able to help us out on this one. Somewhere on the the message board is a thread about the 12 string Baritone. Look around I am sure it is still here.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  06:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Found it!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=175

There is also a link to the website for the 12 string Baritone in this thread. I am sure they can describe it much better than I.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2001 :  3:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard Tim play Chatterbox on the Veilette, he called it Fatterbox though...it was sweet.

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2001 :  10:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if i remember right, tim played doom, then leelines-->in your eyes on the baritone. damn leelines tease got me all hot and bothered.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see pictures of the guitars!

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000