New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  10:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm headed to the hills of West Virginia next week, hurricane west virginia to be exact. I'll be gone from this saturday to the next friday. It's a mission project that I'm doin' with some folks from my church, some folks from that church in WV, some folks from New York, and some from North Carolina. Should be a lot of work and lot of fun, but i'll be missing in action on the board. Can't wait to get back, and see some more Fluffy posts(crosses fingers)!

Post away fellows, i'll be back in a bit(but i'm not leaving yet...)

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  07:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm leaving now guys, i'll talk to you all in a week or so, keep it real yo!

BTW, nice to have you back fluffy!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  4:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take care. See you back on the boards when you get back.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  6:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
damn, I don't know how to keep it real... maybe I'll watch some MTV today and see if that helps at all

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  1:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mission trip week!

sat.- got there, started meeting the people from the churches(west virginia, north carolina, new york). I also found some musicians in the resident church and did some praise band stuff during the week, whch was just grreat! I got to play a niiice niiice vintage bass, an orginal 1967 fender p-bass, in great condition, it rocked! anyway...moved into the camp area, which is like cabins sort of...rooming with my little cousin daniel(he'll be a high school freshmen this year). moving on...

sunday- church(which was 1 and a half hours!!) After church, a nice picnic and volleyball game with lots of the kids there, which were all about 16 or 17 years old. Later on a ropes course!! Freaked me out, i hate heights, i did the first 2 parts of the course and then asked the nice man running it "Can you get me down?" so after that i went back to the church for praise band practice, which was fun...me on bass, a piano, 2 guitars, 2 singers, and a drummer, good set-up.

Monday- first work site, built a deck, painted a roof, and met the family. The situation was really terrible, a couple with 2 kids..and really messed up prioities. the "man" of the house had a 1500 dollar vaccuum cleaner, 400 dollar scope, tons of expensive guns, just bought a 2000 dollar car just to mess around with, and his kids don't even have sheets on their beds, and ate only chips for lunch!! i could see little bruises under the kids eyes and the wife's eyes, which was very sad. The whole trip was a kind of eye opener, and a lesson in humilty...i'm really glad i helped out a little on it. That nite the crew went swimming and played some volleyball(which i have gotten quite good at throughout the week).

Tuesday- same work site, finished up what we started, and put up a ceiling in the girls' room. A young kid came by, probably about 8 or 9, and was one of the girls' friends. He was carrying around books of matches and lighters just randomly lighting things on fire, with no one telling him to stop or not to do it. One of my cousins that was there told me he lit his thumb on fire... After this work day we came back to board games at the church, which consisted of "mafia" and a cheating version of monopoly, that i quit because it just sucked with all the cheating going on...any, sorry if this is boring you..., but i'll charge on.. ;)

Wednesday- this was our free day...i played 9 holes of golf at some country club with a bunch of snobby people working there. kinda sucked, but it was something to do...later i went and hung out at a wave pool, and played some putt putt golf. eventually i got home and like every nite here played some slide guitar. about 4 or 5 people had guitars, so random jamming went on off an on, between blues, rock, praise stuff, and bluegrass. nevertheless, i got really good at slide guitar! another group(the new york group), went thrift store shopping this day, and one of the guys got an outfit, that he wore that nite, that looked like this....pink pants, pink flip flops, red shirt that said "number 1 mom", pink mesh shirt, red golf hat that said "i like coke", and hoop earings. Some of the preachers there made the comments that he looked like he was "ready for a gay pride parade" or "looked like Mr. Clean's gay hooker brother," or "just crossed that line!!" funny stuff.

Thursday- went to a new work site, helped put in windows, insulation, and a ceiling(dry wall). the little girls at this home were so awwdorable, 3 and 6 years old, really cute little people! anyway, did that stick during the day, and that nite we had a "putt putt tournament" which i did horrible on, but our team won. oh yeah, before that tho i went A CONCERT!! It was the "KARTIC SESHADRI ENSEMBLE," a sitar, tabla, and tamboura group. they played 3 ragas(peices, songs, whatever), and it was over an hour long, with demonstrations and lectures on hindustani and indian classical music. It was easily one of the best experiences i've seen musically, so exciting and just different! the audience was about 80 percent indian, and just about 95 percent of the people were dressed nicely(suits and dresses), and I and the person i was with were in jeans and shirts. Anyway, great great concert!

Friday- getting really tired, lack of sleep and lot of work catching up on me... some of the people left this day, with prior engangements, and i did some more work at the second site, putting up ceiling and the walls. after this we had some last devotional things at the church, and said our goodbyes to all the nice folk we met, and packed up our things.

Saturday- got up early, said goodbyes to some more people, and left to go home...and i'm finally back!

There's my week in a nut shell!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2003 :  04:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome VWF. Its good to see you back on the boards.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  11:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So great to talk with you this morning! That was really a great thing you did going to WV and helping out those people. Just wish that dad could get his priorities straight! Poor kids! no pun intended!

Just remember that those kinds of things are good to put on a resume some day. It gives insite into your character.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  12:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks pam...i'm sure i've got great resume stuff like that...

2 mission trips
church choir
church youth group
National honor society
national thespian society
adopt-a-highway trash pick-up
...the list goes on..

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  6:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you had an awesome trip man!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000