1700 bottles of beer on the wall.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. A whole 1700.

So now there's a new thing with my grandma that I never knew about...Before I get into that, I must describe to you my Aunt Diane.

Diane is the oldest child on my mom's side...She lived in Texas for a really...really...really long time but now lives in Indiana. She complains constantly about living there. She smokes three packs a day (Go figure, it's my family) and her voice sounds like a road grater with gravel in the engine...In other words, really smoke-ravaged. When she calls, the insueing conversation is sort of like this...

"Hello?"

"Is Elaine there?"

"No. She's at work."

"Oh, tell her your Aunt Diane called from Laura's house in Indiana. I've got some problems with my thigh. It's getting all wavey and the asshole doctor *COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH* 'scuse me. The asshole doctor told me not to worry. They took a pint of fluid out of my lower back last month and now the hole that they put the vacuum in is seeping this horrible white ooz. It smells like cheese. Also, if you would, tell your mother to tell Frank to tell Grandma to water those plants I got her three years ago. Oh, and tell her that the operation on my ankle wasn't good, in fact I still can't walk."

"Ok."

But Aunt Diane is extremely nice, she's actually one of the nicest people I've ever met. So anyway, I know that I've told this board about how insane my grandmother is. She's the one that claimed the neighbor, who is in her 90's and in an electric wheelchair, was breaking in to her apartment, moving the couch, and then scooting out again, and she is also the one who claims that people are tunneling underneath her apartment. Now comes another one. My grandma claims that my Aunt Diane is going to kill her to steal her picture of the Pope. I'm not making this up. It's all true.

I went to the dentist today to get a cleaning. I don't get the point of them sticking your gums with that pointy mother fucker and then saying "Your gums are bleeding...that's not good, you don't have good dental health." Now, last time I checked, pointy things, when poked into soft tissue like gums or skin, create a puncture wound. Now, unless you brush your teeth twelve times daily and floss seventeen times, which no human does save for maybe OCD's, your gums are gonna at least get a little red when they poke that damn thing in them. Now, I know that bleeding gums is a sign of bad gums in general, but I brush at least twice daily. My teeth work. I needed a root canal because my old dentist fucked up and didn't drill my cavity out all the way. When, in the course of a day, do I poke my gums with sharp objects? Never. And if I did, by chance, poke my gums with a sharp object, I would be more worried if it didn't bleed than if it did.

So tomorrow is the Fourth. Oh wow. This means that my relatives are gonna come over for food and to annoy me with tales of "Babies, Money and Health Problems, Cars, Cut your Fuckin' Hair you Hippie Bastard and Let's See What We Can Blow Up With This." Also, this means that I need to make up an excuse to not see the fireworks show tomorrow in town. My town's fireworks are like watching a game of twister at a nursing home. Not fun at all, and in most cases, very stinky. It's supposed to be 85-90 degrees outside tomorrow, so that means that everyone will be packed into my house, eating red white and blue jello and smoking cigarettes so cheap that even 7-11 won't carry them. So basically, while I'm up in my room playing guitar, wafting smoke creeps into my room, smelling like four sweaty Germans after a Sourkrout bath. Then, to top that off, Mase, my cousin Robin's gigantic, bald, cop boyfriend, is knocking on my door asking me to come downstairs so we can go outside and play volleyball. Once we arrive outside, however, we discover that there is no volleyball net or even a ball. So, we take part in that classic Fourth tradition of blowing shit up in the back yard with Jim's (He's the pshyco neighbor...Fixes cars for a living. Little Italian cat) homemade M-80's. All this noise causes the dogs (I have three) to emit a sound called "High Pitched Shreaks of Terror." This goes on until Mase's lighter runs out of fluid, and we need to grab one of the smoking relatives to come light the fuses for us. This is usually my dad. He waddles (He weighs 300 pounds, smokes two packs a day, and is diabetic) over to us, and begins to light fireworks off. The Clancy's, my neighbors on the left (Both parents are lawyers, they try to do thier own yard work to save money, but usually end up creating thousands of potholes around the yard. Then, they hire a landscaping crew to fix it.) see us and try to out-do us with bottlerockets from Wal*mart and sparklers. This goes on for twenty minutes. Then my dad's lighter runs out of fluid and we have to stop because everyone else has gone inside for dinner.

Dinner usually consists of several types of animal matter all charred to a black, hard mass. My Aunt Bev is usually showing us pictures of mangled animals, telling us, "Don't eat that, look how they slaughter them!" One year I got a picture of a guy pulling a carrot out of the ground and I said "Look at that! That was the carrot's home." Luckily for me, Aunt Bev is very easy going and thought it was funny. I saw her on the news once, she was protesting some fur company. She was screaming "Skin Me, you BASTARDS!" I was proud to be part of her family. At my cousin Robin's graduation party, Aunt Bev was wearing a pair of "Chicken" pants, complete with pictures of slaughterd chickens and chicken farms. She's a character, all right.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that was the original works...now for the readers digest condensed version...

quote:
Diane is the oldest child on my mom's side...She lived in Texas for a really...really...really long time but now lives in Indiana. She complains constantly about living there. She smokes three packs a day (Go figure, it's my family) and her voice sounds like a road grater with gravel in the engine...In other words, really smoke-ravaged. When she calls, the insueing conversation is sort of like this...

"Hello?"

"Is Elaine there?"

"No. She's at work."

"Oh, tell her your Aunt Diane called from Laura's house in Indiana. I've got some problems with my thigh. It's getting all wavey and the asshole doctor *COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH* 'scuse me. The asshole doctor told me not to worry. They took a pint of fluid out of my lower back last month and now the hole that they put the vacuum in is seeping this horrible white ooz. It smells like cheese. Also, if you would, tell your mother to tell Frank to tell Grandma to water those plants I got her three years ago. Oh, and tell her that the operation on my ankle wasn't good, in fact I still can't walk."

"Ok."

But Aunt Diane is extremely nice, she's actually one of the nicest people I've ever met. So anyway, I know that I've told this board about how insane my grandmother is. She's the one that claimed the neighbor, who is in her 90's and in an electric wheelchair, was breaking in to her apartment, moving the couch, and then scooting out again, and she is also the one who claims that people are tunneling underneath her apartment. Now comes another one. My grandma claims that my Aunt Diane is going to kill her to steal her picture of the Pope. I'm not making this up. It's all true.

I went to the dentist today to get a cleaning. I don't get the point of them sticking your gums with that pointy mother fucker and then saying "Your gums are bleeding...that's not good, you don't have good dental health." Now, last time I checked, pointy things, when poked into soft tissue like gums or skin, create a puncture wound. Now, unless you brush your teeth twelve times daily and floss seventeen times, which no human does save for maybe OCD's, your gums are gonna at least get a little red when they poke that damn thing in them. Now, I know that bleeding gums is a sign of bad gums in general, but I brush at least twice daily. My teeth work. I needed a root canal because my old dentist fucked up and didn't drill my cavity out all the way. When, in the course of a day, do I poke my gums with sharp objects? Never. And if I did, by chance, poke my gums with a sharp object, I would be more worried if it didn't bleed than if it did.

So tomorrow is the Fourth. Oh wow. This means that my relatives are gonna come over for food and to annoy me with tales of "Babies, Money and Health Problems, Cars, Cut your Fuckin' Hair you Hippie Bastard and Let's See What We Can Blow Up With This." Also, this means that I need to make up an excuse to not see the fireworks show tomorrow in town. My town's fireworks are like watching a game of twister at a nursing home. Not fun at all, and in most cases, very stinky. It's supposed to be 85-90 degrees outside tomorrow, so that means that everyone will be packed into my house, eating red white and blue jello and smoking cigarettes so cheap that even 7-11 won't carry them. So basically, while I'm up in my room playing guitar, wafting smoke creeps into my room, smelling like four sweaty Germans after a Sourkrout bath. Then, to top that off, Mase, my cousin Robin's gigantic, bald, cop boyfriend, is knocking on my door asking me to come downstairs so we can go outside and play volleyball. Once we arrive outside, however, we discover that there is no volleyball net or even a ball. So, we take part in that classic Fourth tradition of blowing shit up in the back yard with Jim's (He's the pshyco neighbor...Fixes cars for a living. Little Italian cat) homemade M-80's. All this noise causes the dogs (I have three) to emit a sound called "High Pitched Shreaks of Terror." This goes on until Mase's lighter runs out of fluid, and we need to grab one of the smoking relatives to come light the fuses for us. This is usually my dad. He waddles (He weighs 300 pounds, smokes two packs a day, and is diabetic) over to us, and begins to light fireworks off. The Clancy's, my neighbors on the left (Both parents are lawyers, they try to do thier own yard work to save money, but usually end up creating thousands of potholes around the yard. Then, they hire a landscaping crew to fix it.) see us and try to out-do us with bottlerockets from Wal*mart and sparklers. This goes on for twenty minutes. Then my dad's lighter runs out of fluid and we have to stop because everyone else has gone inside for dinner.

Dinner usually consists of several types of animal matter all charred to a black, hard mass. My Aunt Bev is usually showing us pictures of mangled animals, telling us, "Don't eat that, look how they slaughter them!" One year I got a picture of a guy pulling a carrot out of the ground and I said "Look at that! That was the carrot's home." Luckily for me, Aunt Bev is very easy going and thought it was funny. I saw her on the news once, she was protesting some fur company. She was screaming "Skin Me, you BASTARDS!" I was proud to be part of her family. At my cousin Robin's graduation party, Aunt Bev was wearing a pair of "Chicken" pants, complete with pictures of slaughterd chickens and chicken farms. She's a character, all right.

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa! That's fantastic!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i could also do the reader digest LARGE PRINT editions...

"Hello?"

"Is Elaine there?"

"No. She's at work."

"Ok."

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  3:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never understood the whole metal sharp pick thing being poked into the gums either. I would be a bit more worried if they didn't bleed.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  4:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah Jay, forever the entertainer! I love reading your posts! Your family is....well.....um....interesting!

I agree with Arthen, I hear you on the dentist/metal thingy, hehehe. And why is it Dentists always ask you questions when they are working on your mouth? Do they think you posess magical powers to be able to speak even though there is a suction thing in our mouth along with one or two dental instruments and you're just trying to keep your tongue from getting in the way???? And what would they do if when they say "spit" you just swallowed it? hehehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  10:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
has anyone here heard Bill Cosby's skit entitled "The Dentist" ? if not would extremly and Highly suggest checking it out at your library or buy it on CD @ best buy or other CD places...he totaly ripps on Dentists and the visits

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  2:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
1699 bottles of beer on the wall, take one down, pass it around, 1698 bottles of beer on the wall.......

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  11:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was going to copy and paste that 1600 TIMes and correct the numbers but i thought why bother

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  11:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Petersburgh

i was going to copy and paste that 1600 TIMes and correct the numbers but i thought why bother

I ran a script to generate all of it and tried posting it...

error '80020009'
Exception occurred.

/forum/inc_func_common.asp, line 284

I imagine it's because it was 170k of data...wouldn't be 56k friendly I suppose

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  2:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I thought that's what this thread was going to be as well.. and maybe it still can...

1698 bottles of beer on the wall, take one down, pass it around, 1697 bottles of beer on the wall.......

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  6:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
1697 bottles of beer on the wall, take one down, pass it around, 1696 bottles of beer on the wall.......
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  10:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
1695 bottles of beer on the wall 1695 bottles of beeeer take five down divide it by two then multiply by 1.642....

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  11:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno Mike...I got 1387.49.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  04:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
1696 bottles of beer on the wall, take one down, pass it around, 1695 bottles of beer on the wall.......

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000