New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  10:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday afternoon I found out I was doing a good job at work ( my 30 day review ) and the managers thought I had a lot of potential, so decided to keep me in. I even got a huge pay raise of . . . *drum roll* $15 cents, haha. Either way i'm just glad I get to keep my job. I've also been 'bumped' into cashier ( front and drive thru ) And am on my way to getting a new uniform. A shame though, two of my friends didnt last the 30 day review and were fired. Funny...out of the 10 people that started the same day I did, i'm the only one to make it through without quiting or getting fired, sheesh. Either way I think i'll celebrate with a soda. Cheers.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  10:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
10 people started at the same time as you? Was this a new store or something?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  3:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, they just fired everyone after the "Old Lady with the Pickles" incident.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  02:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
10 people started at the same time as you? Was this a new store or something?

Well, not exctatly the same time. About two or three days apart. Though this McDonalds is always hiring. Just because a majority of the people that start either quit or get fired. And a slim percentage, take me for instance, are crazy enough to stay, haha.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  09:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked at Hardee's for a year and a half and i never got a pay raise!! You suck!

;)

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  1:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I worked at Hardee's for a year and a half and i never got a pay raise!! You suck!

Yeah, I mean what can I say. This extra $15 cent raise will have me rolling in the green in no time. . . . .

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the promotion... I thought about this threa for the past 2 days because I listen to the Tom Lycus (sp??) radio show and McDonalds was the topic the past 2 days. He was defending it by praising it as the most clean, efficient, orderly fast food place around. And also praised the business side of it, by saying that it gives kids the opportunity to learn job skills that will help them in the rest of their life... does anyone else listen to Tom?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
$0.15, eh? mind i f i borrow some money for me boat...i wanna put N.O.S. in it..

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  01:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure C.P, not a problem. Though do you have a pic of your boat? I'd much like to see it.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  12:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raises are a strange thing. Years ago when I had my first job after college if you didn't get at least a 10% yearly raise you were pretty bad. Then the economy took a dip and 3-4% became the norm.

The only way most people get more is by changing their job, or a change in job description, or if they are members of a union.

Unions are interesting as well. They once served a great purpose and still do in some instances, but they had a lot to do with the downfall of the steel industry. Other industries as well. I belong to a union, I have to in my job. They negotiate our raises and we have a 5 year contract so my job is at least secure for the next 5 years.

While McDonalds is a good place for students to get jobs another great employer is Starbucks. My daughter works at one in a local town and makes great tips! She also gets free coffee, discounts, the ability to buy stock and insurance.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  12:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having worked at McDonald's for a year, I kind of got interested in the company. I remember reading about the time when one McDonald's was close to being unionized, and the owners (it was a franchisee not corporate) brought in corporate lawyers to fight it at every turn. Eventually right when they formed, they closed the McDonald's down saying it wasn't doing well enough. A few months later the same owners opened up a new McD's a block down the street.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  1:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHAHA smart move!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  1:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Having worked at McDonald's for a year

I'm curious, did you quit? Or get fired? Or better things come your way?

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  4:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
July 2001 I started working at McD's. That August I started my senior year of high school.
August 2001 I got promoted to Closing Manager (Shift Leader) worked as that until July 2002.
Quit to go off to college.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  7:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just found out the hardee's that i worked out just got shut down!! The health inspectors came in one day...and the boards came up on the windows the next. Health hazard!! It's great, i hope they burn the place down!! WOOHOO!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HTG...
well it's on of those olde clipper ships... i wanted an electrical system on it but having a crew that amish it didn't workk...they thought the electicity would steal their sole.

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  2:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HEHE, just had to say that ever since I listened to that radio show about Micky D's... I have been CRAVING it!!! But last night I ordered a good ol' #1 super sized... mmmmmmmmm that was tasty.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  03:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jay said:
quote:
No, they just fired everyone after the "Old Lady with the Pickles" incident.
I know I haven't been around in a while, but this comment went totally uncommented on. Did I just miss this story, or do I not want to know or am I being dense and I already should know. Just curious I guess. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  11:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
HEHE, just had to say that ever since I listened to that radio show about Micky D's... I have been CRAVING it!!! But last night I ordered a good ol' #1 super sized... mmmmmmmmm that was tasty.

Is that a Big-Mac where you are? Because if it is, yes...yes they are tasty.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000