Road Signs...D'OAH (or is that D'AOH)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  10:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok so i'm driving inMI...that's where i was thsis past week so i couldn't get to the MB and as we're driving down we see this sign... it reads the following...

"Do Not Pass If Opposing Traffic Present"

really good idea... D'oah (D'AOH)

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  06:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHHAHAHA LOL Okay, let me guess. Some idiot had a head on collision on that road and sued because there was no warning sign! I have NEVER seen a sign like that. You should go and get a picture of it and send it in to Jay Leno!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

bizarroeric
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  01:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit bizarroeric's Homepage  Send bizarroeric an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I grew up in Michigan. Driving there scares the bejeezus out of me, because drivers there aren't half as polite as they are in NorCal.

And what's sad is that some people probably need that sign to remind them...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  03:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People are stupid.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  4:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah i know it's really stupid...i tryed to get a pictre but my mom and i couldn't get the camera out in TIMe...oh and there was more than just one...there was @ least 10 of the bloody things. it's true people inn MI drive like weirdo's...

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  5:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bizarroeric

...because drivers there aren't half as polite as they are in NorCal.

You're kidding, right? If I had a dime for everytime some asshole in a SL600 almost ran into me I have my own SL600!

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

bizarroeric
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  6:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit bizarroeric's Homepage  Send bizarroeric an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, maybe 'polite' wasn't quite the right word for NorCal drivers. But I've definitely been on the road with worse :)
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  1:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SL600 right??? I HATE MERCEDES!!!!that's all i have to say...

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  1:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Petersburgh

SL600 right??? I HATE MERCEDES!!!!that's all i have to say...

Agreed...Real rich bastards drive S8's

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  1:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
true... they are rich bastards....but i love BMW's....kinda a sport car/ luxury sedan thingy that i combuined at the hip like siamese twims comming out of miami in a string bikini...yeah kinda like that

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  1:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow...There's just something about that that really frightens me...Something like Martha Stewart with a meat cleaver...Something like that, along those lines...Yeah.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  1:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
we have about 20 or so signs hanging in our apt that we have "borrowed"... hehe two of my favorites is an "A" grade restraunt sign in our kitchen, and a "no dumping" sign in the bathroom.

also.. what about this one

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
[gasp/state of shock]WOW A GENERAL ELECTRC SIGN...I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE OF THOSE IN AGES!!![gasp/state of shock]

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  2:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HA HA ROTFLMAO!!! Thanx Kevin, when I saw this topic title my intention was to post that pic, nice to see it had already been done. I would like to point out that the sign is fully mounted, it has not slipped, it is actually hanging that way. What could it possibly mean? We actually drove about another mile laughing our asses off about it before we decided we had to go back and get a picture. Obviously, it was a slow day hehe.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  4:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must just be missing the boat here, I didn't find it all that funny, isn't it a NO U Turn sign? Ok now I get it, it looks like no going up? Sorry, I just think differently.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  4:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Look at the WHOLE picture, it's on the wrong side of the road AND facing the wrong direction for it to make ANY sense.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh now i get it...
quote:
we have about 20 or so signs hanging in our apt that we have "borrowed"... hehe two of my favorites is an "A" grade restraunt sign in our kitchen, and a "no dumping" sign in the bathroom.

you should come over to my house... i live across the street from a ballfield and a service grage for munson twp...lots of road signs there.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  2:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DAMN captain! I may just have to visit... luckily there is always a lot of constuction going on here at UCI as they always seem to be adding a new building or something... actually I just read they are putting a new state of the art hospital on campus, so those construction sites are always good for something.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  10:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ya know when you think about it your tax dolars pay for the signs

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  09:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your tax dollars...giggle

In Virginia, your tax dollars would go to this chair i'm sitting in, this computer i'm typing on, and this bus that i sleep on at work. I'm getting paid with those same tax dollars to sleep, to post on this board, to talk to people on AIM. What a waste!!

On a related note, one of my friends has a road sign outside of his house that gets stolen a lot, "Dynamite Road." Small surprise, it's a cool name!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  09:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Flamming Moe anyone??
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  2:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is Dynamite Road the name of the street he lives on? If so that is a pretty cool name. Much better that the street my brother lives on... "Lovely Lane"

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  2:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah he lives on "dynamite road" pretty cool..

I'm on plain old middlbrook road, very country-esque..

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  03:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I remember one of our BORED members attended a high school that with one small letter change became very obscene. Can't recall the specifics now, but that seems to fit the topic.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  06:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might have been mine..

Changed "RIVERHEADS" to "GIVE HEAD"

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  4:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, it was simpler than that, you just had to take away one letter to make it read different. I will see if I can find it. Good ole search engine.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  5:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was JAY
quote:
I think i already posted this, but the high (DON"T TELL ME TO LAY OF THE WEED JUST CAUSE I SAID "HIGH!") school in my town says Chardon High School on the front, and in one of Chardon's famous snow storms, it fell of, turning Chardon High School into....Hard-on High School...it was on all the news channels, and everybody thought it was funny, so the school left the "c" off for the rest of the school year, but put it back up in the summer. And now if you go up to the school, there are aboot thirty screws in it so it won't fall down again...yes, good ole Chardon

from:http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=573

Speaking of funny road signs, I rediscoved this one from another thread while searching for the Chardon reference:

For the history and location of this sign, SEE:
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2204

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  7:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL at both of those Fluffy, glad you brought them up. Now that I have internet in my new apt I'll try to post some pics of my signs around the house.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  7:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now that I have internet in my new apt I'll try to post some pics of my signs around the house

as I said:

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  8:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  8:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  8:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, still more that I have...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly