C'mon and RAIN!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  7:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I'm under a storm watch until 8 tonite...so far, there's noting doing, at all. Nothing. It rained for fifteen minutes two hours ago. What the Hell? Anyone else here love storms?

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  7:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish it would rain where I live...it's 107 right now!

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  8:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay what does 107 feel like other than damn hot!

Jay I love storms too, but I am scared of them as well! Go figure, its the same way I feel about sharks, I love them, facinated by them and petrified by them.

Hope you get your storm! and that its electrifying hehehehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  11:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nuthin. Absolutely nuthin. Dammit.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  12:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"only thunder gives me rest"

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  01:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's why I love Montana in the summer time, thunder storms! I love the rain, but it never rains here in the summer.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  06:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really hot in virginia right now, but other than this week, it has did nothing but rain for the past 2 months straight!! But i want rain to cool it off, it's tooo hot!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  01:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love storms...though driving in them is never much fun.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

LoveToday
Chatterbox

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  10:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

I wish it would rain where I live...it's 107 right now!

how humid is it?
i just slept for 13 hours...
i haven't slept for more than two hours at a time all friggin week
95 degrees w/ 95 humidity= road rage.. sleepless nights... can't eat..skin looks like shit...hair like a brillo pad..
i'd pray for 107 and no humidity

I childproof my home... and they still get in!
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  10:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm praying for a fuckin' storm. Maybe tonight? There seems to be a line of them somewhere north of me...Hope hope hope...We used to get these huge storms about every two weeks...It was awesome...That was about six years ago. We haven't had a nice big 'un since then. Just little thunderclappers that last for three minutes then poop oot.

On a side note, I just read one of those "Actual History Test Answer" things, and one of the answers was,

"Sir Francis Drake Circumsised the world with a 100 foot clipper which was very dangerous to all his men."

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  10:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHA If one comes my way, and we are supposed to get some later today, I will send them your way because I am a big baby when it comes to storms!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  10:26:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well whatever you get I'm probably gonna get first....Where are you in PA? Like far east? I'm about 45 minutes west of the western border, so either way I could walk to your place in like, fifteen days.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  12:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHA yes you could. I am in eastern PA, Northeast of Philly!

And you are right about the weather. When my parents lived in Illinois it seemed we always got what they had weather wise the next day or so. Sometimes we get it from the south. I don't know who gets our weather....the Atlantic Ocean maybe? I was just trying to be nice and give you that old storm you want so badly, hehe.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  1:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Sometimes we get it from the south.
You do, do you?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  1:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Yep, and apparently thats not all I get from the south! HAHAHAHA

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  2:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well after that Supreme court ruling, it's all fair game.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The hottest it ever got in Indio while I lived there was 128 degrees, I remember riding my bike that day and it felt like someone was sticking a hair dryer in my face when the breeze hit me.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  6:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BIZARRE, as I clicked on this topic, thunder crashed outside my window!

other than that, I really have nothing to say on the matter.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  06:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of now it's dry and hot, but come next storm i'll be sure to alert this thread!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  02:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well we just had a wonderful STORM!! Power lines down, tornado warnings(IN DC!!! Whudda thunk it?)We heard on the police scanner that powerlines were down on a car and it was on fire spreading to other cars. Of course the fire dept refused to put it out or hinder the spread before the power company turned off the power to the live cable. Of course they could not be reached for comment or action. What a world we live in. Nobody wants to take responsibility or action, they are all just covering their asses while everything in our world catches fire and burns away. Oh wait, I am ranting again, this thread was about RAIN. We had a wonderful rain storm tonite with much beautiful thunder and lightning. Me and my roommate ED decided it was better than 4th of July fireworks. Much more awe inspiring because nobody has permits or permission to do it, therefore making much more dangerous and anarchistic. Woops, getting off on a tangent again. Suffice it to say, lots of rain, thunder and lightning. It was amazing and beautiful.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  03:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe anyone?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly