Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I can't take Dennis Kucinich's site seriously.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  02:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope im not the only one that feels this way about looking at the front page of this dudes site, but I just can't take it seriously. On a first glance it doesnt give this guy the slightest bit of credibility.

Looking just at the first page, heres what I see:

* DENNIS KUCINICH: THE PROGRESSIVE CHOICE. This contains a little blurb about all these great little things he wants to do, but to me it comes off as "heres a bunch of great stuff a good portion of the country wants, let me list them".

* 5/26/2003 - Kucinich Challenges Bush Rhetoric on Iran. This is a little blurb that pretty much sums up Dennis' thoughts on the Iran issue. Basicaly it reminds me of a well educated Live Journal member with a progressive slant that decided to put an important sounding title on the entry.

* 5/22/2003 - Kucinich to FCC: Stop the Corporate Takeover of our Mass Media. Same as the last blurb. Who is he talking to?

I dont know what it is, but I feel the same way i did in high school looking at the guy running for Freshman representative when I go to this guys page, like hes being looked down upon by 3 more layers of political bullshit and not considered a threat. Its just an empty feeling.

And by the way - does Tim wish for this candidate to win, or is this the sole political view of one A. Webmaster?

~pw'oikr
~( ">

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  12:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a hard time taking him serious too.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  8:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
silly leftists.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2003 :  01:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As an Ohioan the name is very familiar to me. As far as I can recall, he's one of those guys that you're actually glad you have working in office for you. His convictions on a lot of job and retirement issues come from Cleveland's troubles with industrial labor being a major employer and the evolution of technology and stuff. I'm glad to hear he's running for office... I was worried there for a while that no one good would step forward. His site may seem kind of cheesy, but he's had a great track record in my opinion for Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  5:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What part of Ohio are you from?

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  8:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Right now I'm in Akron where I go to school but I'm from Hartville which is just a little bit south of here.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  9:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The whole power issue seemed pretty interesting.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  10:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I am not sure what to think but I am intrigued! I am particularly interested in what Poparad thinks because he is familiar with Dennis and has seen first hand what he can do.

I am definitely going to read up on this guy!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  09:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will saying being only 20 puts me in a position to not know first hand what we was like as governor of Cleveland when he himself was not much older, but as a congressman he's been pretty good. The whole power issue is very subjective, you could argue that he was wright or wrong for various reasons. I doubt he will make it to the white house though.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't take any politicians seriously. And I suggest no one else take any of them seriously either.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  2:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with adam!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000