Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 family guy DVD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  12:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've had this since it came out and I'm still watching it. The commentary is hilarious as well. I cannot believe they cancelled this show. I hear the next DVD set is coming out in September.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  12:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh! I still can't find it anywhere! Glad to hear about the hilarious commentary, that makes me want to keep searching for it. Why do they take the best shows off the air? I know there are re-runs at 11:30 but I am not usually able to watch TV at that TIMe.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  12:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
keep searching, I promise it will be worth every penny. There are four DVDs, each with seven episodes. On each disc, two episodes have commentary. Good luck and I hope you get a hold of it.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  01:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I Tivo every episode...it's on Cartoon Network every night at 11:30. This show is funnier than the simpsons in my opinion, it sucks it got cancelled.

Oh, btw, 400th post.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  06:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on 400 therippa!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  07:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oneof my friends has the DVD set! I hadn't seen it before this weekend, but I am hooked.... If anybody finds a site that sells it, woulda send the message? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  2:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
www.amazon.com sells it. best buy should have it now though, new shipments and all. i saw several the other day when i went to the one that it was sold out at before.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  2:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Best Buy is having problem keeping it in stock it's selling out so fast. I believe it's the best selling box set that Fox has put out, beating X-Files and The Simpsons.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  3:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually tried to get FG thru amazon last week and it was currently unavailable. They might have it in now.

Instead:
Billy Cobham and George Duke
Mahavishnu Orchestra-Between Nothingness and Eternity
& Inner Mounting Flame
Bela Fleck-Perpetual Motion and Live Art

and as I'm writing this my neighbor just called me on the work phone to say a box for me from amazon was just delivered. "grab it and rip it open" I reply.
and its my tunes! I ordered a bunch of books too so i wasn't sure which.
Music music oh how we love music.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  4:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'd express my fondness for the family dvds, but it would be futile. i almost choke everytime i watch an episode. there is no space for breathing. just laughter.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  11:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
best buy has it now but more money than amazon.com

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2003 :  12:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The DVD sales have been so strong they might make more episodes...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=450

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2003 :  3:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Family Guy is the best rated show on Cartoon Network right now i believe. It trippled its time slots ratings or sumthing like that. so yea, new episodes would be great. fuck you fox.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A possibility for New Family Guy episodes????? Holy shit, there is a God.

quote:

Oh, btw, 400th post.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I almost bought the dvd when I bought my stuff from Best Buy. But I didn't, owing mainly to the fact I don't really have the money.

Anyone who wants to donate money for me to buy this DVD, let me know.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How can you not have money? What with all the dealing....I mean research you're doing?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ah, but we're not growing anything this year

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh....touche!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But hell, I guess 3000 pounds in our vault should last us a while...

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno.....people sure do smoke a lot of that stuff.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funny, I have absolutely no idea how long 3000 pounds of marijuana would last. I mean, selling it, you could probably sell it fast. But if all you were doing is having it for personal use... it'd probably last a lifetime, seriously. It is A LOT of weed.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey....you're preaching to the choir.......wait a minute. That's not the metaphor I wanted. I guess you'd be preaching to the opposite of a choir....hmmmm......how 'bout preaching to the Satanists? Naw. Doesn't have a nice ring to it. Damn! There's gotta be some sort of metaphor for what I'm trying to express without actually having to say it. Let sleeping dogs lie? No, that's not it. Don't put all your eggs in one basket? Crap. Now I forgot what I was talking about. Oh well.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000