What does the music mean to you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  01:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For me it means life. I know that sounds like I am a huge hippy, but it is true. Feel free to post (all music not just Timmmmay).

On the 1st day God created Tim.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  01:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Life without music would be like sex without genitals.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  02:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Music means to me (basically it "teaches me") that there are people out there that are so much more talented than I am. It gives me something to aspire to and to practice towards.

It is personal; many people aren't into the same music as I am, therefore I can introduce them to mine and I can humor theirs, and sometimes I can even dig theirs.

It means that there are people out there that are still thinking, whether with unquestionably amazing skills on an instrument (Tim) or amazing lyrics (Dave).

To some people, music itself speaks. To me it doesn't. That helps me to see that there are things out there that I can't see on my own. I have to have help to have it brought out. Which in turn shows me that I can't do this life thing on my own.

So music, to me, means that we are all connected. It means that we have things to learn from each other, things that we can help others understand, things in each of us that can bring out something good in someone else.

And some music, the best music, does more than just show us that we CAN be connected and not go at life on our own. It DOES connect us, and give us someone else to take on life.

Thanks Tim.

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  02:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea what hit me just then.

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  6:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Music to me is life. About four years ago, i was really drawn in in by JOhn Mellencamp...i would listen to his music for hours on end, and it owuld let me relax and enjoy myself. HTEn, the DMb craze hit, then Tim, Then Gordon LIghtfoot. MUsic is such a part of my life, i think i'd go crazy wihtout it. Just being able to listen to someone play good music that i enjoy, just being amazed by how all the instuments blend together, music just mezmorizes me. Certain sings remind me of good times or bad times, fishing in the fall, wathcing a sunrise with my best friend abe, seeing a meteor shower. Music opens up my mind, and i can think clearer...so my answer to what the music means to me is...everything

"take my hand girl, you know where i've been...up the road and then back down again...take my hand and i'll show you how it all will end..." Mr. Bellows, John Mellencamp

Jay
I'm a total annoyance.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  6:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats quite a few spelling errors, eh?

Jay
I'm a total annoyance.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  7:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Music is a lot of different things to me. It can be pain, love, sorrow, sadness, joy, and hope, as well as many other things. To sum it up in a word music is Emotion. When I'm feeling down about my job, money problems, girl problems, I usualy put on some David Gray. He is without a doubt my favorite singer/songwriter. While a lot of his songs are about sorrow and love/lost love a lot of them manage to give me hope that life will get better, even if it doesn't seem so at the moment.
I had been having a lot of money problems, when I first heard the David Gray song "Nightblindness" it has a line that goes "What are we gonna do when the money runs out?" which really spoke to me, because it was somethign I was asking myself every time I got a bill in the mail, balanced the checkbook, got a bank statement or overdraft fee.
One thing music is great for is getting you through tough times. A few years ago my dad was in the hospital for a triple bypass, and Tim Reynolds got me through those times. I was talking before about music giving me hope. A lot of tims songs just instill this feeling of hopefulness in me for some reason.
Speaking about music being pain, that's usually when I write my own. If I'm hurt by someone or something, I may sit and write a song about it. The same goes for the other feelings. If you just had a great date with a great girl, you may sit down and write the sappiest/happiest song you've ever heard, but theres nothing wrong with that, because it's all about emotion for me. My best songs come out when I'm really moved and motivated by something, and usually the music and lyrics just come out together, and when it's just write, I don't have to rewrite lyrics or anything. It's like a line from Blues Travelers "Sweet Pain" "My heart is spoke and I wrote it down" it all comes at once, and I don't have to sit and think "What rhymes with...."

Whew....sorry for rambling. I'm in a hyper, good mood right now and I've been talking peoples ears off all night...guess that adds a few more to my list.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  06:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Music is my best friend! It is always there for you no matter what mood you are in, It can lift my spirits or challenge me to think, it makes me happy or it can make me cry, It will never abandon me!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000