Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 i need some help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  3:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm having an odd occurance on my computer and i'm hoping that someone knows how to fix this one... everytime i go to a search engine and click search, my internet explorer crashes, and it isnt just google... but every search engine I try. I've deleted my cookies, cleared my history, checked for viruses, defragmented... I can't figure it out.. very frustrating. Can anyone offer any assistance?

god
Kevin

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  4:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you trying to look up? (wink, wink)

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  4:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What all have you tried? Google, altavista, yahoo, ...

Also, does it do he same whether you click the "search" button or if you hit enter on your search bar...if that makes sense.

Go to microsoft and download the latest version of IE, if you use MS and have IE, that is...

Try another browser if you're into that. I hear Opera is a great one.

My guess, however, is that you have some sort of virus that's causing it. Trojan maybe it's called. Do an intense virus search and see what you find. Also, find something that will scan for spyware... that might do it, too.

Hope some of that helps...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  5:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Opera is the bane of my existence as a web programmer, lol. The only thing I like about it is the tabbed windows. Otherwise it falls into the same non-comforing category as Netscape and it makes my life a living hell =).

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000