Eagles Tonight!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2003 :  1:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eagles concert in Tampa tonight, I'm getting psyched. I've never seen them live and I've read previous reviews that they're basically immobile the entire time and you go to listen, not to watch...but I don't really care. Definitely one of my favorite bands of all time.

Only thing that disappoints me is the lack of Don Felder. The man is truly underrated in my opinion, some of his work is phenomenal. Oh well, Don, Joe, TIMothy and Glenn should make it a worthwhile evening.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2003 :  4:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
REALLY looking forward to your review of this concert! Have a great TIMe tonight!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  09:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Incredible show from start to finish. They played a new song that they said is on the radio, but I haven't heard it. Other than that, they cranked through their hits (Take it Easy, Hotel, Desperado, Tequila Sunrise), a few of Don Henley's songs, one of Glenn Fry's songs, and a couple Joe Walsh songs. It was fantastic. They took a break maybe 6 or 7 songs in, then finished out the set. Came out for a one song encore (Hotel), left the stage. Came back for a two song additional encore (Rocky Mountain Way, All She Wants to Do Is Dance), left the stage. Came out again and played Take It Easy and Desperado.

Their vocals were on point, although Don and Joe don't seem to have aged well (especially Joe). They also had some guy whose name I didn't catch that played the typical Felder parts. He was fantastic, very talented and somewhat surprising that he held as much of a role as he did.

All in all, it was an incredible show...I had a fantastic time. The crowd was really respectful and we were actually sitting the entire time, which was really nice for a change. Now I want to go to another show!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  9:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT For PJK, I expect a response!! Hahaha, nah just thought you may have missed it.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  9:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did! HAHAHAHA

I am so jealous! Now I am re-thinking if I want to spend the $ to see them in Philly! This can't be good....for my bank acct that is!

I LOVE Desperado! All I can say is that girlfriend of yours is a keeper!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  09:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, yes she is =). Got me Eagles tickets, went with me to Tim, split cost with me on Dave + Tim, got me Billy Joel/Elton John tickets to name a few. I'm a big fan of her =).

Desperado was fantastic. They even sang Take It To The Limit, which was the old Randy Meisner(sp?) song. All in all, I'd say it was well worth the price of admission, which for me was the $7 beers.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000