New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2003 :  6:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright here's the deal on stuff going on in my life of late. I'm in a school program MGA, Model General Assembly, in about 2 weeks. My assigment is to be a simulation of a senator in the virginia state legislation. My bill "Legalization of the cultivation of industrial hemp." This is a very wild topic, I learn constant amounts of information about hemp and marijuana that i've never known before.

Some quick facts...
Hemp can be used for freakin' anything!
In example: Lotions, Shampoo, Paints, Foods(seed cakes, snack bars), Fuel source, Clothing, Fabrics.

Hemp is Good for you!
Hemp has a better source of protein than soy, and has more fatty acids in it than soy. It's also a great source of fiber and vitamins.

Anyway, i thought i'd share some info on the wonders of hemp, for more info go to...

www.thehia.org
www.hemp.net
www.hempcar.org car that runs off of hemp oil, cool stuff!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2003 :  7:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hemp could help us so much. to bad the government is so affraid of it.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2003 :  8:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been doing a little work with hemp lately... you need any sources? I will gladly make something up that will probably support whatever you want to say, and you can attach my name and title with it along with where I work... good stuff, man...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2003 :  9:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I also find it very sad that the U.S. won't take advantage of hemp's amazing versatility.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2003 :  11:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

I've been doing a little work with hemp lately... you need any sources? I will gladly make something up that will probably support whatever you want to say, and you can attach my name and title with it along with where I work... good stuff, man...

I don't think i need any sources, but thanks for the gesture. I just need to have a convincing debate, when i talk about my bill in front of my senate commitee, senate, house comittee(i don't even know if i'll be able to attend that one), and the house(don't know if i'll be there either). And if it passes through that, hope to god that the govenor doesn't veto it! I have all the info i need, but my skills at debating lack....

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  10:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

Hemp is Good for you!
Hemp has a better source of protein than soy, and has more fatty acids in it than soy. It's also a great source of fiber and vitamins.

I always take those statements with a grain of salt. Because whenever I see advertisements for the 10 PM news, it usually deals with "new discoveries have shown that chocolate can be good for you".....either that or some tear-jerking story about some amazing pet that can take derivatives and calculate trajectories to save a drowning boy. God I hate the news.....it's just an hour long commercial with breaks for shorter commercials. However, I trust you did your research, so I believe it when you say it. But I'll just continue to get my vitamins and such from Jamba Juice, thank you.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

LoveToday
Chatterbox

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  1:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hippie parents told me this story regarding hemp..... I'd like to know if it coincides with your research. The cottom farmers back in the day decided that Hemp was threatening the cotton industry. Hemp is something like 13 times stronger than cotton. They threatened to pull out of America if hemp was left at a legal status. So it was deemed illegal. Its all about money and mongors.

I childproof my home... and they still get in!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  2:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LoveToday

Its all about money...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  2:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A guy showed up for a job interview at my place wearing a hemp shirt. During the interview, I kept on thinking "I think that guy is wearing a hemp shirt", but wasn't sure until he told us that his wife works a hemp store in Berkeley and she gave him the shirt for the interview.

Lesson Learned: Hemp is a wonderful fiber that can used for things such as ropes and whatnot, but when you wear a hemp shirt to a job interview it just makes you look like a burnout.

Plus, he said he voted against the proposition that the project he would be working on was created for! What a moron!

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

when you wear a hemp shirt to a job interview it just makes you look like a burnout.
...among other things...

quote:
Plus, he said he voted against the proposition that the project he would be working on was created for! What a moron!

What proposition is that?

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  3:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast
What proposition is that?

Care Not Cash

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So the interviewee voted not to care, but to give homeless people cash?

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  9:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe some homeless people just want the cash. I think a choice would be nice. This is America, land of the free, after all...

Homeless guy, you can have:

a)what's behind door #1 -- food, shelter and $59

OR

b)what's behind door #2 -- $395 and diddly squat

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  2:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*bump* cause this was a fun thread, and fun project.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  03:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again, I recommend you all acquire and READ "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" by Jack Herer.

Here in DC they finally put the Medical Marijuana issue to a vote. They put it on the ballot, let THE PEOPLE vote on it. When the voting was over they refused to release the results. The govt was drug into court and forced to release the count. When they released the count, which was 69% in favor of Medical Marijuana, the govt also said "That regardless of the outcome, they would not support or endorse that bill to pass." Now what is that? The people have spoken, and they still think THEY know whats best. Well I feel they are supposed to represent us REGARDLESS of their personal opinions. We put them there to represent us, and when WE tell THEM what WE want, they treat us like children who don't know whats good for us. I think that is a load of crap! They will have it the way THEY want it despite our letters, votes, etc.

Fluffy said in:http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=847

quote:
An organization called H.E.M.P.(Help End Marijuana Prohibition) offered a $100,000 challenge to the world to prove them wrong. Here it is: If all the fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation; THEN there is only one known annually renewable source that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles, meet all of the worlds transportation, industrial, and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time....
And that substance is-the same one that did it all before-Cannabis Hemp...Marijuana!

http://www.jackherer.com

Cannibas Hemp was legal tender(money) in most of the Americas from 1631-until the early 1800's. Why? To encourage American farmers to grow more.
You could pay your taxes with cannibas hemp throughout America for over 200 years!
You could be jailed in America for not growing cannabis during several periods of shortage, e.g.,in Virginia between 1763 and 1767.
Benjamin Franklin started one of Americas first paper mills with cannabis. This allowed America to have a free colonial press without having to beg or justify the need for paper and books from England.
There are cities all over the country named for the fact that they were HEMP producing areas. Like Hempstead, Long Island. Which I think is near Jon Soldo.
Hemp is overall, the strongest, most-durable, longest-lasting natural soft-fiber ont he planet. It's leaves and flower tops were-depending on the culture-the first second or third most important and most used medicines for 2/3 of worlds people for at least 3000 years, until the turn of the century. Hemp is, by far, Earth's premier, renewable natural resource. This is why HEMP is so very important.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  03:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy's so cool he gets to quote himself!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  04:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If I don't do it, nobody will!! LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  2:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if they would legalize hemp, that would create lots of work for farmers (americans... we have job loss going on here), lower gas prices (it can be used as a efficiant fuel), get our reliance off of oil from other countries, and just make tons more jobs w/ its many other uses.

but ofcourse the govt would never do that since bush and dick both have ties to OIL companies. sigh.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  3:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The majority of politicians are funded by the oil companies, not just George Bush and Dick Cheney.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000